Posts by Chruschdy

If it was just a small splash and you wiped it off directly after it happened, i assume that there is no water inside the unit.

In my opinion you can power it up and you don´t have to fear anything. The KPA is a solid construction and the risk of getting water inside the way you described is next to zero i think.

It´s always good to be careful with electronics and water, but the amount of water needed to damage the unit has to be much more than just a splash. If you have let it dry face down with an fan to speed the process up, i don´t think that anything will happen.

I would turn it on and keep an eye on any liquids nearby ;)

Well, i bought the remote and never finished the thing. I could use it as a spare, but to be honest, i havent touched it since then.

If somebody wants to build his own project, i would sell the housing for the best offer ;)

If not... maybe i will finish it someday.... ^^

Der Furman ist sicher eine feine Sache, in einem anderen Thema ist das gerade akut. Da hat es einen KPA wohl außer Gefecht gesetzt aufgrund irgendeiner Fehlspannung aus dem Hausnetz.

Ich würde das primär davon abhängig machen wie der Profiler genutzt wird:

- täglicher Transport (oder zumindest mehrmals wöchentlich)
    - Einsatzzweck? Mehr zuhause allein oder wirklich on the road?
    - Transportmöglichkeit? Das ist für mich durchaus relevant, Auto sehe ich mal als selbstverständlich an, aber dann ist die Frage nach der Größe. Ein 6HE Standard Rack jedes Mal in einen engen 3-Türer zu wuchten geht einem (Mir zumindest) auf Dauer auf die Nerven.

Der Furman ist an sich nicht notwendig, aber eine sinnvolle Sache wie sich in dem anderen Thema gezeigt hat. Ich denke in 99% der Fälle braucht man das Teil nicht.

Als Beispiel stelle ich mir mal Situationen so vor:

1. Szenario -
    Du probst ein- oder zweimal wöchentlich mit deiner Band in einem Raum mit zweifelhafter Elektroinstallation. Der Kemper begleitet dich jedes Mal mit nach Hause um dort auch üben zu können. Ab und zu spielt ihr auch Gigs in verschiedenen Locations. --> Hier würde ich den Furman in einem separaten Rack belassen und für Gigs mitnehmen. Zuhause einfach eine Steckerleiste mit Überspannungsschutz (oder je nach Budget auch noch ein Furman Gerät), dann ist zumindest das Risiko dort auch gemindert, du sparst dir aber das Geschleppe mit dem Furman im Rack.

2. Szenario -
    Du probst sowieso nur im Proberaum, sowohl mit als auch ohne Band. Der KPA kommt auf Gigs mit, bleibt ansonsten aber im Proberaum.
    --> Hier würde ich alles in ein Rack packen. Kompakt in 4HE so wie du das auch schon angedacht hattest. Eine kleine Ergänzung dazu allerdings. Beim Rack KPA würde ich immer alle benötigten Anschlüsse über eine Rackblende nach vorne legen. 1. kommt man besser dran und 2. verschleißen die Buchsen am KPA nicht so schnell. Gerade bei Netzwerkbuchse scheint das ja schon bei einigen zu Problemen geführt zu haben.

3. Szenario -
    Kompaktes Rack und den Furman weglassen. --> Den KPA in ein 4HE Rack mit kurzer Bautiefe. Blende um vorne alle Anschlüsse zugänglich zu haben. Remote in den rückseitigen Deckel und die Mission Pedale eben separat. Das ist im "Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please" Thread ganz gut demonstriert mit der Remote im SKB Deckel. Hat den Charme das alles mit wenigen Handgriffen zusammengepackt ist und wenig Platz benötigt / sich schnell und einfach transportieren lässt.

Ich habe meine Remote in einem günstigen Stagg Case verschraubt, das gibt es passgenau nur für die Remote. Oder aber größer um auch die Pedale noch mit rein zu bekommen. Die Dinger sind in Preis/Leistung einfach unschlagbar. Da ich die Remote nur live oder im Proberaum brauche und das Rack nicht unnötig schwer haben wollte fand ich das die praktikabelste Lösung.

Ich hoffe das hilft dir etwas weiter.

I love the idea... since it came up first.
    A "Profiler Player" would be so great!

No profiling Option, just a rugged floorboard-style unit with very limited, but yet powerful, options to change parameters would be a useful tool. Specially for those who mainly only use profiles but never make their own.

I think somewhen in the past someone from Kemper already said that this will never happen. Correct me if i got this wrong.

Bad to hear your problem. I thought that the KPA was protected inside somehow for surges or similiar by at least a fuse.

I recently purchased two Furmans. One for my home rig and one for the rehearsal room and future gigs. Never had any problems until now.

Hope you get your unit repaired somehow.

Another thing I do is to set the master volume control to link with the monitor output. This way I can bump my on stage volume at the cabinet/power amp without affecting what I've set at the board.

The way to go imho. You simply don´t need to adjust the Main volume after Soundcheck. Monitor out is accessible on the fly. Works great this way.

Updated my Rack a bit.

Simple, easy to carry, all-in-one. I love it!

DIY- powered KPA with the Sennheiser EW D1 wireless unit in the back. The back lid stays on the whole time, everything is routed to the front.

With the poweramp i run straight into a 2x12 with a V30 and a eminence "the wizard". In addition there is a Hughes&Kettner Warp7 4x12 cabinet under it for some low-end.

Sometimes i use the DXR12 without the cabinets. Sometimes combined. But mostly only the cabinets because it just feels right ^^

[Blocked Image: http://bulletrail.de/pics/front.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://bulletrail.de/pics/back.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://bulletrail.de/pics/all-in.jpg]

2) Why are some chicken knobs silver and some black? Does the color indicate a change in production at some point or is it purely random?

The silver ones are on the newer revisions. The first had black chicken knobs. The change was just to make the look a bit more consistent. The black ones are vintage ;)

I have to admit that i like the cable. Of course, the stiffness is a bit annoying, but i would rather have a cable that lasts a while then having to replace it every few gigs. Reliability comes before comfort in this case and in my opinion.
    On stage i usually tape all cables to the ground, so it doesn´t really matter how stiff the cable is.

For rehearsals i switched for a much shorter (1.5m) network cable. The cable is cheaper to replace in case of any defect and i don´t have unneccessary cable lying around. Even for small stages, where the KPA sits next to me i am thinking about getting a 3m cable to have various lenghts covered.

Bought a pack yesterday, really good profiles. But one thing i didn´t like was the reverb and delay setting was active on most profiles. Not saying that it sounded bad, but i simply would favor it with them in inactive state as the other (well chosen) effects.

Will definitely buy again! Really god work :)

If you did a full reset and updated and restored and the error is still consistent, no matter what profile is used then its a hardware damage and the unit should be replaced.
    Nothing else. Just my opinion.