Posts by dmbandtimmy

Christoph,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I am looking forward to the updates as they come. What I think would be really practical is being able to run linear delays. I like to use a reverse delay with a 1/4 note delay or dotted 8th delay for swells. I also use a lot of slap back delay to fatten up my sounds, which, I currently use the aqua puss for. The whole edge is using the Axe Fx got me thinking about his delays. I've seen him live multiple times and it's always fun trying to replicate his sound. I got a little caught up in that. What I really need to do is sit down and focus on my playing and technique as well as music theory.

As a small business owner I realize how the internet plays a vital role in business. The kemper is a very unique tool and it sounds great! It's easy for a someone to sit behind a computer without using their name and write reviews etc. Keep up the good work.

Hey fellas, long day at work. Had to get on some people and I'm swamped. Just got back from teaching youth group, man I wish I still had the energy of those kids. Delay is a big part of worship music and I don't want to have to add a timeline etc. Right now I'm using my DD5 in the loop, but due to family and work I haven't had much time to work things out.

I decided I'm going to ride the Kemper wave. It's a great tool. I just hope for a toot controller and a librarian and more options to add serial and parallel delays.

I appreciate lightbox's contribution and hope Christoph takes these ideas into consideration.

Fortunately, money isn't the issue. There just isn't a need for both. I enjoy guitar as a hobby. Lightbox was just trying to help me out. Neither of us were trying to start a fight on the interwebs. Just making an observation and requesting things on the appropriate section the forum. This made my decision pretty strait forward, which is nice. So no worries about my requests. Those of you with an axe. I'll see you on the forums. Pumped. Just ordered my foot controller.

Christoph, not trying to rag on the Kemper. I think it's genius. It sounds fantastic and is a great tool. There are some things that I would like to see implemented, but I know you've given a lot of thought to most of these things. Just wanted to make that clear.

Looking at the title of the thread, I think probably shouldn't have started it on a Kemper forum. You probably get tired of people comparing these boxes.

Look at the user request forum. I'm not talking about TGP, I'm talking about requests on this forum.

Hey man, I'm a user and am making the requests. Just because I'm no pro doesn't mean I shouldn't voice a consumers opinion. There are plenty of pros on TGP FYI.

Also, South Africans that aren't on TGP are missing out...

Unless you're specifically going for a weird tone, delays and reverbs always go after the amp. Use the X or Mod slot with with Loop module.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I have never ran time based effects in a loop of my regular amps and have always ran them directly in front of the amp a long with drive etc. Curious to why this doesn't work well with the Kemper...

Dmbandtimmy, I ask myself why can't the axe fx 2 have profiling or sound or feel as good as the kemper, and have other features.
    I'd say that the biggest reasons so many prefer the kemper is that it really shines in some very important areas: Sound and dynamics, profiling technology, its easy to use. If you look at how popular the kemper has become by bands and producers and why many sell their axe fx 2 to get one its because it has offered many features that other products don't have. It doesn't change the sound after firmware updates like the Axe and loading new profiles or firmware via a usb stick without having a computer near is very handy for me too.

All digital gear have compromises and if some extra effects are needed there are plenty of pedals or external gear that will do a good job. I always like some pedals no matter what I use. I think the kemper team have several effects ideas that will be released.
    There's already editor/librarians/renamer software we can use, until the official one is released. Give one of those a try.
    I don't know anyone of my studio friends, or me, that use built in USB connection. A dedicated soundcard is one of the cornerstones in a home or pro studio and it offers so much more than built in usb. I never used the usb with pods or Axe fx 2, I just connect it to the studio sound card. A sound card is a seriosly good investment.

Thanks for the info. I currently have a presonus firepod that I bought when it came out. I have recorded several albums with it and have had ok results. Not top of the line gear for recording, but someday I'll purchase a nice interface, preamps and compressors for vocals etc. I also used a neve type preamp for vocals for the albums. Right now I'll run my kemper through my firepod.

I do like that the sound doesn't update with firmware changes, but I would like to run parallel delays and be pedal free. I will probably end up keeping the kemper as it sounds like there is much more in store for it. One the main reasons I chose the kemper over the axe II in the first place besides the sound was ease of use. I also don't like tweaking and with my axe standard I always felt like there was likely a better tone or IR etc.

I am the guitar player for our church of about 400 (my wife and I are also the Worship leaders). We do all the modern stuff (Hillsong, Tomlin, Brewster, Jesus Culture, etc. - and the classics too!) and I have been using a Kemper for the last 6 months with excellent results (I go straight into the board, but I have the powered Kemper so I power a Crate floor wedge with it for my monitor). I love it! I purchased a POD HD500 to use solely as a foot controller since it is relatively compact, and has a pedal with a toe switch for going between wah and volume. When I was looking for a Midi foot controller, I couldn't find one that can do as much as the HD500 for anywhere near the price, plus as the others have said, you have a backup if your Kemper has any issues. For P&W music it is pretty much perfect. I just wish it could do what my timeline could do with pitch shifted delay tails, but tone wise it is great.

I was using a Morgan DAG15 before the Kemper and was constantly having to turn it down (we don't have a good backstage room to mic the amp and turn it up in) and was always "the problem with the sound" and the Kemper has basically fixed all that. I sold all my pedals (Timeline, Fulldrive, Timmy, Hall of Fame, Boiling Point, etc, etc, etc) to buy it and I am really happy I did. I found the Morgan AC20 profile on the rig exchange and I have basically been using that as my "amp" all the time. Sounds a lot like my DAG15! I think if more church players took an actual listen they would go with a Kemper over their tube amps (especially if their sound guys have any say in the matter!) Glad to see more guys that have a Profiler playing in church, it is a near perfect match.

This is good news. I'm planning on using mine at church as well. I am trying to decide if I want to go with the axe II or keep the kemper. I currently have the kemper and axe standard. My issue is that it's missing the ability to use serial or parallel delays like tomlin etc. I like to run a couple delays for swells. I have thought about running the pedals in the loop or in front of the amp with the foot controller when it comes out, but ideally I would like to go pedal free. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

I remember seeing some hearsay that there might be something in the works, but I haven't seen any confirmation by the man himself.
    From what I've read, it would be e.g. 1 delay in Slot A and 1 delay in Slot B and you could select an option to make these slots parallel or serial.
    But don't take this as a fact as long as we don't hear from the mothership. :)

Personally I would prefer a decent dual delay (with all the options mentioned) in a single slot, of course

That would be cool. It sounds like you know your stuff! I'm mainly a bedroom player with a decent job and the occasional gig here and there, but man do I enjoy good tone and good guitars, pedals etc.

1. The correct value would be 9/32 instead of 5/16.
    2. As mentioned before, we would need an option to mix these 2 delays back to center. The Edge doesn't use stereo delay, he just uses 2 independent mono delays. Or in other words: You can't use this on gigs where you play mono anyway.

Would be sweet though. I don't play a ton of U2, but I love the sound. Would be awesome to be able to replicate that in the Kemper. I'm planning on running my Kemper to FOH so I could definitely use this feature. I haven't played live with it yet as I've only had it for a month. Still figuring things out. Glad you know your edge!

You can do that in the RIG menu. You just can't use multiple independent delays in parallel and mix them back to center.

Two more restrictions:
    1. You can't set the milliseconds of the existing Tap Delay's left and right channel (just a few n/16th presets).
    2. You can't freely set the ratio on the Analog Delay (just some fixed ratio presets).

Do you think Christoph will implement this. I love me some delay.