Posts by Jaybee

Pete,

Just a thought but I wonder if your antivirus program is blocking Rig Manager somehow?

Might be worth seeing if you can disable it for a few minutes and see if RM starts up? If so you could add RM to the 'safe list' of the AV program etc.

Don't forget to re-enable it afterwards....!

@virango Well I'm impressed :thumbup: Now she's up and running and talking nicely to my Kemper rack. No crashes so far.

Had Toaster open with the Rig Manager open too. Select a rig in the RM to preview and it appears on the Toaster too. Immediate thought is how much better & faster previewing rigs is going to be. So many uploaded rigs are different volumes, bone dry or soaking in reverb, now it's really easy to add or subtract effects/volume and get a much better feel for a new rig with a few clicks. We're already looking at the computer screen to use the RM so it makes perfect sense to control the Kemper from the same screen.

Top work. Look forward to seeing this develop.

Thanks for the confirmation on x64. I just can't get the installers to start. Seriously never had this happen with any exe file on this PC before. Weird. Rig manager is fine.

Guess I'll have to sit this one out unless the OP has any ideas why it won't work or an alternative way in. I'll try it again tomorrow on a fresh boot with the AV off in case that's somehow hanging the installer.

Edit: Yep, that was it. Got it installed. Had to completely disable Avast AV plus once installed, needed to add the path to Toaster as an exclusion in Avast to stop it from scanning it else it would not open.

I'd love to try this but it just won't install on my PC running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Edit: just tried the x32 version and same result. Totally bizarre that neither .exe will run. (4yr old i7 PC, 24Gb RAM, with hundreds of programs succesfully installed and in daily use)

Edit: Got it installed. Had to completely disable Avast AV plus once installed, needed to add the path to Toaster as an exclusion in Avast to stop it from scanning it else it would not open.

Now for some experimentation :)

+1 For a PC/Mac based GUI

It would be so much easier and faster to tweak the multiple parameters of a rig or try something new rather than having to scroll through multiple menus with physical knobs and buttons while squinting at a small monochrome window. Bit like trying to paint the hallway of your house through your letterbox from outside* **

My rack connects to the PC via USB and talks fine to the Rig Manager so I assume it's possible?

*old 18+ joke adapted to this situation... ;)
    **joke only works for those in countries where the letterbox is physically in the door :D

It's all been said in this thread but I just wanted to add my own comments for the Kemper Team. My unit will be three in March, and it's just got better and better over time, and all the updates are free. Kudos to the Kemper team, they really look after their customer base. Easily the best value piece of musical equipment I've ever owned. Still haven't explored the hidden depths entirely and it gets used nearly every day.

Keep up the great work. Now salivating for the new NAMM features.. 8o<3

At 3:22 in the clip he states that the official line is 16-30ms depending upon the signal source.

I'm using the Jam Origin Midi Guitar VST (v2.0 beta8) and with a Focusrite 6i6 and Asio buffer set to 3ms I can get the latency down to 3ms inside Reaper (144 samples at 48k). It's hardly noticeable. Amazing VST for the price considering the cost of the bulky hardware you normally have to stick to the guitar to get the same thing (unless you own a Godin!). It tracks better in monophonic than polyphonic *but* you always have to be aware to play in the style of the instrument/sound you're triggering.

Takes a while to get the settings that suit your guitar (i.e. fine-tuning sensitivity and gate settings). Triggering false notes is more down to poor player technique (mine) than the VST. This is a good example of what it can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq8oPyvNU0

I wouldn't think 6lbs extra pull on 97.6lbs setup (an increase in tension of 6%) would shift the neck that much that it would be noticeable. As others have said you'll notice the increased thickness of the strings under your fingers more. But if it is and you need to tighten the truss rod (clockwise) just go in very small amounts. 1/16th of a full turn at a time, let it settle, check the relief etc.

I'm wondering would it be possible to use external storage like a USB key to provide the memory needed for a proper looper. I would imagine the write times would be quick enough to accomplish this and I would imagine most Kemper owners already own one.

+1 :thumbup: for some sort of basic looper. Would be really handy for headphone practice sessions without having to boot up the PC and activate the DAW!

+1

Did my first live show with the KPA rack last weekend. Absolutely superb sound out front. Stereo delay pinging about all over the place :) Sound guy loved the KPA. Controlled by an FCB1010 with the EurekaProm and arranged the set into Performances. No hiccups all night.

On stage I used a powered Alto TS112A as a wedge. Bags of volume and more than enough for me in a small venue. I think I had the Alto on about 1/3 max volume.

It's such a brilliant solution, light, transportable, flexable. I'd buy one..... oh I did!... ;)

J

You can save those parameters as output presets. Just press store when you're in the output section. To retrieve them, just open the output section and turn the browse knob (the right-hand one).

You'll still have to adjust volume manually -- it isn't changed automatically when selecting an output preset to avoid large volume jumps damaging your equipment and/or ears.

You can save those parameters as output presets. Just press store when you're in the output section. To retrieve them, just open the output section and turn the browse knob (the right-hand one).

You'll still have to adjust volume manually -- it isn't changed automatically when selecting an output preset to avoid large volume jumps damaging your equipment and/or ears.

Just discovered that you can save presets!

I have one Output Preset for the studio (Main volume -43db) called "Studio". Just tried to save a new Output preset with 'Main Volume' at -30db (the level I need at rehearsals) called "Rehearsal room" and it saves fine as a separate preset. *But* when I recall my "Studio" preset the 'Main volume' (XLR output) is now -43db? So the new preset somehow overwrote the old one's main volume parameter?

Is this normal behaviour? I would have thought I could store the different output volumes too or....? Confused! :D

Thanks

Jaybee