Posts by trward

Hello all, I hope you are all well!

I am unable to connect Rig Manager with my Kemper Profiler

This is the message that greets me when I upload the Rig Manager when connected to Kemper. On previous pages people are told to go here and there should be a screen like this

But instead I get this

I am running the latest version of Profile OS 5.7.1.14156 Public Beta and also Rig Manager for macOS (version 2.1.71).

My operating system on Mac is macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

Any help/guidance would be amazing thank you!

If you do a search under the rig exchange by author, look for Kalvitz. You will have to adjust the controls to your taste.

The other option is to pick up the xtc profiles from Pete Turley or Mike Britt. Those are great as well.

Thanks Pal, I'll look into it today, Happy riffing!

I think there are many of us that would like that! Someone out there will get that JJ amp profiled!

I've gotten very close with some of the Bogner Profiles. Kalvitz has an amazing one that I use as one of my go to sounds for live and recording. It is truly one of those grail amps that I would love to own someday but I don't see the point as I pretty much have an exact copy of it in profile form. Peter Fisher's factory XTC profiles would have been great because he picked some quality gain structures and settings but the cab he used for it just was like a dead fish. I wish he would have done it through a 4x12 or at least a more lively cab, either that or a different mic. Oh well.....the Kalvitz profile is outstanding with some minor tweaking to the clarity.

I borrow a friends 101B anytime I want as he doesn't use it anymore but won't sell it just yet, either. I'd like to profile it but I think the amp needs a tube change and re-bias. So, I'll do that at some point for him for all of the time he lets me take it. Eventually I'll buy it from him at a deep discount! LoL!

Any recommendations where I could find some of those profiles you were relating to?

Thanks

T

The Remote is coming soon. Register now!

As you can imagine we expect a very large and immediate demand from existing and future Profiler users. Thus we will have a waiting list.
    We give you guys on the forum the opportunity to be early on the list, even before we broadcast deeper details about the product.

Please register by send your name and forum nickname to this email address: [email protected].
    The registration is non-binding, we will not force you to buy eventually :)

Looking forward to this *fingers crossed*

Hi there

Im looking for a tone close to Jerry's if not *Jerry's*. Im aware that Friedman released a signature amp, has anyone got any profiles of that? Or anything close to?

Thanks

T

$1350 is a ridiculous amount of money. I hope Kemper do not match this, bearing in mind if someone has already invested £1300-£1800 for the amp. Asking them for a figure in the $$$$ or ££££ is stupid. Im not one to put a price on the pedal as I haven't seen the real model or used it, but i'm not spending more than £300 unless it tucks me into bed and makes me coffee in the morning..

After looking at the prototype designs many times over the past few months, im glad I didn't settle for a modified existing pedal. I believe it will be worth the wait for this, Kemper have done such great job with the KPA. Patience will pay off, I'm like a kid at Christmas.
    Bring it on!

Thanks for all the replies, had some great responses via Facebook swell. I think I may gamble with a cabinet, it would be a 2x12 guitar cabinet. Can I ask what is the difference between linear and guitar cabinets are? (absolute n00b)

Ive had my kemper for nearly a year now, had a lot of fun and very thankful to a friend of mine who suggested it. Probably the best piece of gear I've ever bought!

Anyway, Ive been using monitors now for a year and would like to move onto a cabinet to express the sound differently. Im a bedroom player at the moment, no bands or projects going on. However in the new year, i'd like that to change. Is it worth sticking with monitors and using the PA for a gig. Or is it worth investing in a cabinet? Any recommendations on 2x12 cabinets?

Thanks

Tim

Massive thanks to the Kemper guys for getting this out, I bought the KPA December. This has resolved so many issues, its a great feature. Very thankful for it now its out, but it should not of taken this long!

Have you guys got any screen shots of your focus rite scarlett mix controls or maybe logic 9 screenshots too?

Thanks