Posts by alwainwright

Also running 2.4.2 with no issues.

I'm not sure what all the fuss was about timo deleting the release notes. It's not like anybody is going to dig through the 17 pages of posts (currently and will continue to grow) to find the release notes. It's too easy to go to the Kemper download site and get them. Re-posting the release notes would only make sense if a new thread were started for each new OS release.

No. I'd rather they put their efforts toward fixing the latest OS release. There is already a version of rig manager that runs with 2.3.3. Yeah, I know it expires, but a fix has been posted to get around the date issue.

edit: I'm also running 2.4.2 with no issues. My comment above about fixing latest release is toward them getting it to a final release.

Did you mean LED and not LCD? When I turn stomps/effects off, the button light turns off, but the LED stays lit to the color of the effect/stomp. So...when I turn an effect off, the LED stays lit (button light turns off).

If you meant the display (LCD), it stays the color of the effect, but says "Off" with the effect name faded. Also, the effect parameters disappear from just above the adjustment knobs.

My wife was good to me and made some covers for my studio monitors. I've been afraid that the grand kids would get curious and accidentally poke at the speakers. The velcro straps on the back can be pulled tight to keep from pushing the cover into the speaker.

Sorry about all the photos being turned 90 degrees. (edit - now they show correctly??? Gremlins?)
    ][Blocked Image: http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t441/wainwrights/DSC04022_zpsd18ff089.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t441/wainwrights/DSC04023_zpsab56dce8.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t441/wainwrights/DSC04024_zpsbe3ccdfe.jpg]

Just bought the GTM tone match 5 Ozzy pack. I bought it more out of curiosity since I'm not a huge Ozzy fan. I don't dislike him, just not at the top of my favorite type of music. I have to say that there are some awesome tones in this pack. I haven't done the extra step of having my guitar tone matched yet, but this pack stands on its own without the extra step. I will probably go the extra step just to see how much closer it gets just out of curiosity. I'd say you knocked this one out of the park. Now I can't wait to see what artist you pick for the next pack. Thanks.

The on-line info I could find on the Line 6 ux2 only lists spdif as digital out. You would need spdif digital in for what you tried. The ux2 does list a monitor in jack. Try what Raoul23 suggested and use the monitor out from the Kemper to the monitor in of the ux2. Make sure you go to the Kemper Output menu and set the monitor out volume.

SanctumSolaris - I'm running 2.4.0 and still have the ability to delete a stomp or effect. Hold stomp/effect button until it flashes, turn Type knob all the way to beginning (slot just above WahWah) and press exit. deletes the stomp/effect for me. If it's not working for you, what version of OS are you running?

Having read the debate in this post about start up times, it got me curious, as they never seemed to be an issue for me.

With 221 rigs on the Kemper, it took 59 seconds for boot up. After seeing where someone deleted a bunch of rigs and it only shaved off about 8 seconds, it's clear that more is going on than just loading rigs. Normally for this kind of gear, at initial power on, a boot loader is loaded into memory. The boot loader from that point controls any data or program that needs to be loaded to volatile memory. The next thing requested for load should be a power on self test (POST). This will test the main processing device and all/most subsystems (display control chip, USB chip, etc). I would guess that the POST takes a good share of the time especially if there are any memory tests performed. Once POST has successfully passed, the main bios would be loaded, followed by the rigs, cabs, effects, etc. The profiler would then be ready. Everything I've ever worked on, we have a debate about the POST. It's always a trade off between ensuring all the hardware is healthy and ready to go versus how much time it takes to complete. It would be interesting to strip a Kemper down to no presets, cabs or rigs (leave 1) and see how long the start up actually takes. I'm guessing it would take 20-30 seconds (maybe more?). Anyone willing to do the test. Anyone from Kemper home base willing to tell us exactly what is going on at start up?

I then started Rig Manager to see how fast it started up (Vista 64 bit computer). RM took 21 seconds to fully start up (request rig list from RE, download rigs, etc). No rigs were required to be loaded from RE. 5 seconds into the start up, MyProfiler was displayed with 221 rigs. So the profiler was fully synced after just 5 seconds. Nothing on the profiler was changed since last sync, therefore made for a very quick start up. For reference RM shows 7433 rigs once fully started (local files, profiler and RE). Yeah, I know, I should do some housekeeping.

Not sure what any of this means for other folks, my curiosity got the best of me.

IKSLIM - Welcome to Kemper and the forum.

I'm using JBL LSR308s. They sound great to my ears. You'd do yourself a favor if you could find a music store to A/B different brands, models and sizes. What sounds good to us may not suit you.

No matter what brand/model/size you purchase, placement of them in your studio is critical. I'd recommend to get them to near ear level on speaker stands.

Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your Kemper. It IS an awesome piece of gear.

Listened to your songs. Very professional and great sounding. I especially like "Vine". It has a Satriani vibe to it. Very nice songs and guitar playing. Thanks for sharing.