Posts by MyAlterEgoHamish

Is anyone experiencing rig manager not returning results when searching rig exchange only? If I search for Marshall in RE I don't get any results. Anyone else having that issue and if so is there a fix?

Andrew

I use the soft shaper around .05, to create the sound of a cabinet (this was recommended to me on another thread by someone else). The cool thing is on say a Soldano solo rig, it gives it a slightly softer edge to the tone. It's awesome being able to switch back and forth so easily.

Andrew

I use the Soldano Solo Lead from AmpFactory. It's got a unique tone that I've found really separates itself from the rest of the tracks.

Andrew

with the Kemper you don't have to use all the amazing EQ options to 'fix' a Profile, a good Profile will sound good immediately, the additional EQ stomps are just 'gravy' over and above the EQ knobs on the front panel.

+1 Exactly.

Andrew

After reading through all the responses about taming and EQing things, I have to say that after owning my used Kemper about one month, the described experience hasn't been close to mine. All of my rigs sound pretty great. If I do need to EQ something, it's my preference that's driving that. Other than turning down the clean sense in the input settings, it's been the best sounding piece of gear I've ever owned.

I will say this though, I started the first night I got the KPA with a cheap set of monitors and it sounded horrible the way the first post describes. I switched to an HS8 and it changed quality for the positive by a perceived 80%.

Andrew

P.S. From Deny's post number 5 is a pro tip, awesome.

I want take advantage of 2.3.3. I see that a good number of you have upgraded. I gig every other weekend right now and rely on the amp and midi being dependable, which it has and is. Do you find 2.3.3 to be dependable enough to upgrade to now?

Andrew

Man, I got nervous as I was reading your detailed explanation. I too am a little OCD when it comes to making sure I am in the place I am supposed to be waiting for my part in a song to start. Every now and again I will throw a note in to make sure I am all good. Funny the things we do.

I didn't but I tested with another amp and I didn't seem to have that problem. Like I said, when I selected the Kemper which takes the signal from the guitar through the KPA and into the reference amp, out the speaker, in the mic and into the KPA it doesn't do it. But as soon as I select the reference amp option on the profiler, it sounds like a tv set to the snow channel.

I was trying to profile my amp, got it all connected guitar -> Kemper - Direct out -> amp input ->Mic xlr'd back to kemper return in. When I switch to profiler and select Kemper it sounds awesome, when I select reference amp I hear the signal and this static sound coming on top of it which gets worse as the volume increase. Tried a couple of times to do the profile but it sounded terrible. Am I missing a setting some place?

Andrew