Posts by Peteus

True, there's just something nice about not being near the computer just get a simple loop and solo until I've perfected everything.

So, I'm using s DI box from the speaker out on my amp to get my first profile. (Currently saving up for a SM57). So I set up my DI box and amp how I wanted it but, when I placed in the kempers dirrect out it sounds nothing like my original sound from my amp. I presume there are some settings I'm missing.
    Does it take the previous settings from the profile I was using before hand?

Is the direct out ment to be set to "gtr+processing"
    Also any hints on where the gain knob is ment to sit? It seems to completely change the sound out of my amp I thought it would basically route my guitar sound directly to my amp and shouldn't affect it.
    Anyway soo many questions and confusion. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok harsh title, I have just got my kemper (currently a happy user and I'm still learning) and I was looking at the types of delay and reverb. So I have been using a Pod HD500 for about 2 years with my amp as an effect unit. So I'm very use to line 6 effects.
    So two effects I am looking for in the kemper are:

- A reverb with an octave in it (if possible). Or simply a great sounding octaver which I can use with a reverb.
    - Delay with a low resoluition effect i.e something which takes out some of the high end out of just the delay signal. I find it helps focus on the actual notes and makes the delay less piercing and present but, still there.

Any help? Apart from that I've yet to have so much fun with all the profiles pre installed I've yet to get around to profiling my own amps :)

I tried out a kemper the other day. I love the sound but, the reaction to me playing felt a bit odd bit like a modeller. Now I set up my amp as a fairly medium gain and I usually have high output pickups and I pick hard. So that might be why it felt odd not using my exact rig and backing off the gain seemed to drop it in alot of ways and feel very odd. Anyone else experienced this?

I'm currently sorting cash for a kemper rack because I want a very reliable live rig which can do both bass and guitar? Just wondering is it simply the profiles I have used?