Posts by Peteus

So I use a 4U rack with my kemper and I wanted to get a midi controller which would fit in the back lid of the rack case. The ideal option, be it expensive option is to get a liquid foot Jr+ and get a separate expression pedal. So with 11" eaten up by the liquid foot, I have about a 8" x 7.5" space to store an expression pedal. So any suggestions/ people with a similar ideas?

I searched for a similar setup for a very long time. I ended up with a liquid foot+ mini+. It doesn't have an expression pedal attached so you would have to buy one separate, but it has 8 switches, is customize-able in any way that you can think of, it will display the tuner and names of the rigs through midi, and can be phantom powered through midi. The best part is that it's only 11" x 5". It is pricey, but I thought I would reply to your post in case you hadn't checked them out before. Good luck with your search/build.

Glad you posted that. If the part of me which thinks oh god not another build project. I will just buy one of those. Looks great!

I want to reduce the size of my rig. Basically I want a MIDI pedal with about 8 switches 4 patch and 4 "MIDI pedal switches" and an expression pedal which will fit in the lid of my 4U rack unit (7"x 19") and preferably phantom powered off the rack. So I turn up to a gig with the kemper rack take out the controller and turn on the wireless and get playing.

From what I searched for this isn't something I can just buy so It looks like I will be building it using an Arduino. I think I will buy an AMT EX50 seeing as it's the only expression pedal I have seen under 7", unless anyone else has a good ideas of other expression pedals?

Also I have seen people talk about getting the Profile names and tuner to display on a LCD. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?

I've just tried it with a weber mass and produced a terrible profile. It just can't hold a note together. Is the lack of speaker sound messing it up? Would a palmer DI sort my issues?

I'm refining the profile after profiling.
    This is basically so I can turn it into a "live amp di tone". So once I'm profiled I turn off my amp plug the kemper (powered) into my cab and play it. It sounds generally the same but, with some very obvious flaws.
    I know sheguitarplayer made some great di profiles using a palmer do you reckon it's the lack of cab sound which is throwing it?

I have tried quite a few time to profile my amp and basically I have failed many times. I always end up with a very artificial sound where the highs kinda warble and there is an underlying high pitched hum. So, I guess I need some help trouble shooting this. Set up is my Kemper with an ENGL Savage 120 running into a Samson S direct plus which runs into the cabinet and back into the profiling loop. I set the profiling gain to until I can see green/a bit of orange on the output. I run the profiler and basically, I get the primary sound which is close but, it sounds a bit nasal when playing higher strings (which makes it useless). I got amazing results the other day using the direct out of my Sansamp pedal. So I'm trying to work out the issue with my profiling of my amp.

So the two bits I'm thinking could be the culprit are the DI box (I have never tried with anything apart from the kemper seeing as I bought it for profiling) or the lack of noise gate in the profile. I'd be surprised if it was the the lack of noise gate I mean the amp doesn't have the same artifacts. So I'm thinking this is un-likely but, do most users use a gate when profiling? And what DI boxes do other people use?

I know I have already posted about this. But, it's about the only think I'm struggling without. Looper would be so useful.

Before I get ripped to shreds telling me "You bought and kemper and don't even record etc....!". I bought a kemper for live use and I really like it. Issue is I suck at recording and I'm giving it another go. So my issue I'm running a jack to jack cable out of the main output from the kemper and into the front of my focusrite scarlett set up as a line level. Now I have gone through all the kemper output setting and maxed them including the profiles volume and master output set to 10 i.e everything I can to get sound and the scarletts input is maxed. What I get is a very weak signal and the input signal light doesn't even come on when I play. According to reaper I'm getting -24db when the channel gain is set to normal default value.
    So where's all the sound vanished? Any ideas?

Well that's bolloks this isn't my strings. This occurs with fresh strings as well as older strings. My strings get changed monthly at minimum. It's more of a digital swooshing sound, any suggestions? This is through b power rack into a cab.

I'm pretty happy with the sounds I'm getting but, when I'm soloing I kinda hear some warbly swooshing sounds when using the higher strings. This isn't I've left on a flanger etc... no effects in the profile. Any ideas? Or is it just a bad profile?

Cheers for the replys. I ran my kemper up to gig levels and basically played around with the settings for a few hours. I think basically I wanted more amp compression. Turning that up just a bit makes it feel like a proper full kicking amp.
    As far as I can tell, the kemper almost works like the best amp I have ever owned. You can take a profile you like and change it into a stunning sound without many issues.

I finally set up my four live rigs using some DI tones and brought them to practice. They sounded pretty good but, they need a bit of tweaking.

So firstly there is a button labelled "monitor cab off" now this feature seems to be a bit confusing. Now, this button has been engaged the entire time I was setting up my rig so it sounds odd it I turn it off. This function can't be just turning off the cab part of the profile seeing as I can toggle the cab function on and off on my DI profiles and I get a completely different sound. Any explanations on what the hell it does?

Next bit is I have been using a pod HD500 as my footswitcher and it does everything I need. I have been leaving it in browser mode and using a footswitches to turn on and off the effects in the profile. Now there seems to be a latency issue between certain profiles when I switch them they sound funny for a fraction of a second and finally kick into sounding right. Kinda as if they were loading, I don't seem to be only one from what I have read online. Any hints?
    Also having never touched performance mode how the hell to do I clear it? (I bought my kemper pre owned). And can I use cc toggle MIDI changes in performance mode?

I battled through and got it. However, that helps a lot. I think the custom harmoniser is very cool, allows me to add some useful extras and remove harmony from where it isn't needed.
    Can't wait to play around with the format shift function.

So, I've been looking at the program scales features I want a 3rd below a F# harmonic minor and there seems to no help to the wizardy which is the custom user scale creator.
    Any help on how the help that thing works?