Posts by Peteus

I have been using my profiler for a while now and basically I've had a had a few issues I can't seem to solve:

Firstly the return level. Personally this is a Russian roulette of will it profile. I try and get my output level so it's in the orange and that's it and then I have endless issues and basically I swap and chop between the profiler telling me "Too low signal level" to "Too much noise". Where am I ment to be looking to get that level correct?

Next is the starting profile. Normally I want a blank profile with no extras but, the profiler always sticks a whole host of effects from previous profile in, in general all I want is a clean slate each time. How can I do that?

Also I know some people will say are you mad wanting to profile a pod. But, for some tracks I really dig a digital tone and I want a choice. So any hints, direct seems a bit naff. Does running it through a cab work and micing it?

I see, personally I never use more than 4 options per track. Mostly I use about 2-3 tops. I think the KFC looks good but, unless the form factor is small, I'm going to use a smaller controller.

Have to admit it took me ages to find a sound I like. I spend weeks working out how everything worked. Then I got my head around setting it up with a cab etc... and even today, months on I'm still learning things.

So this is very mind boggling. It appears that in a bank on the HD500 just simply doesn't correspond to the kempers bank system. As in 1A and 2A on the pod are not in separate banks. Next bit is on the pod when I select 2A this doesn't seem to give me bank 1, midi program 5. It gives me bank 1 midi program 1 which in my head doesn't make sense. It looks like because the kemper works in 5's and the pod in 4's it's very conflicted and due to the lack of ability for the pod to change bank or midi function this makes this mode unless until I get a new controller. If anyone can help me switch the kemper so everything links up that would be useful.

I going to grab a new midi controller rather than carting the pod around. So I'm going to probably grab a liquid foot or a peak [FCB4X] controller due to size. So within that I want to set up performances like tracks with a few profiles of the same type with various features is this simple to do in performance mode?

So, I have had issues for ages with my profiler connecting to my computer because I deleted alot of profiles, so I had under 1000. I finally got my profiler connected to my PC and apparently I'm now limited to 1000 profiles. Is that a limit on storage or something new?

I would never buy a midi board on the basis of whether it'll fit in my existing rack. Makes more sense to buy the controller, since you could buy a bigger rack if better. The midi controller would be more integral to your performances than the rack box! ^^

The point is I want a smaller rig. I could get a huge rig with extra stuff etc... But, I own a kemper what more am I actually going to need? Isn't that the point of it all the amps you need in a box plus all the processing. Even a next gen kemper is unlikely to get bigger. Main point is I want a simple rig which sounds good and packs away into the car for long trips, quick to assemble, less stuff to shuffle onto a stage and ram into a cramped gear room. And less cables. So final rig would be small phantom powered midi pedal and expression pedal into kemper power rack, a wireless rack unit into the kemper input nothing more or less. Add an emergency cable in the other rack lid sorted for bass and guitar gigs and recordings. Basically, I want a small amazing portable rig.

I have been looking into this for a while and I want a comprehensive MIDI controller which will fit in the back of my kemper rack case. The space i'm playing with is 7.5" or 19.5cm tops as far as depth (which seems to be the main limitation) and 19" long unsurprisingly. I have been tempted to use a liquid jr+ giving me this I think and room for a small expression pedal. So just checking, what else am I missing which is a decent pedal (preferably phantom powered) which will fit in the case?

It would be great if the kemper could profile just the amp (pre amp and power amp) so it takes a line from the power amp and then profiles the cab separately. This way we could switch out cabs for impulse responses of well miced cabs (with more accuracy no affecting what it thinks the cab and mic are). Then when we plug in a cab we would get the "true" amp sound into the cab.

I know this is fairly obvious stuff and may have been requested but, if someone can explain why this can't be done that would be great :)

Syncing my Kemper with RM took quite some time after deleting some Rigs. I tried the "press Rig-Key while booting" thing and after that I had no problems. You will find more about that on the forum. I don't have the link in mind. Sorry.

Ah that might be it. I'll give it ago. I just waited the 30+mins the past few times. I was worried that I hadn't updated my kemper for a while and that's why I was having issues.