Posts by Peteus

I personally have never used a power conditioner and never even thought about getting one until I have had a rack for one to go into. Personally, I have only heard one comment "you'll be sorry, when all your kit blows up". I have always thought that was the point of a fuse, it pops before your gears pops. Is it just me or does a power conditioner serve no function beyond the fuse in your kettle lead? Which it is plugged in via.
    On the smoothing side I presume the Kemper has an internal power smoothing circuit, correct me if I'm wrong.

That may have come across a bit harsh/arrogant but, is there any reason for getting a power conditioner?

I know I just really want everything 100% on the safe zone. I'm considering linking my bass cabs in series so I get 16ohm then I know I'm fine. I know it's not the done thing but, it should work fine :)

I'm mainly concerned for when I turn up to gigs I cab share so any 4 ohm cab I have to play around. I just want it to work with zero danger.

So I remember somewhere on here someone mentioned that there will be a wonderful feature enabling us monitor the Wattage, prevent us maxing out the power amp on the power rack when plugged into a 4ohm speaker or even a 2 etc... for those of us who play bass live.

Is this still happening?

I have to admit I know what Markyboy means. I feel like the kemper is a bit too much for my needs at points. I sometimes find it hard to settle on a sound and be happy with it due to the huge amount of power. With an amp I simply turned it on and that was me done and I cracked on with playing.
    My solution was to pick something and stick with it and just play forget I was playing into anything just think about the guitar/bass and having fun :)

So excited about this. It gives the guys who are two lazy to mic a cab like myself a chance to profile my amp DI then add a professionally recorded cab sound. I've found cab sounds I have liked off other profiles nicked them for other profiles I like through a cab and given a perfect mix for front of house.

When I'm playing live there's always a dash to get the cables in etc.. and to be up and running. I generally only need my power amp and MIDI connection however, sometime I need to run though an other power amp and I need the monitor out. Does anyone know of a replacement ring/coloured nut I can put around the "monitor out" to speed up my setup. I know I could use tape but really I'd like a neat solution.

After some messing around with cables and connections i made this:
    Rig Pic

Its really easy to set up and everything is accesible in the front of the rack.

That looks stellar. I purchased a 1U power distribution unit which I'm planning on butchering to fit my MIDI phantom power and I figured I'm going to label the rest of my kemper up for ease of use on stage. I think really the only cable I need to highlight is the "monitor out".

Just to check by KFC we mean "kemper foot controller"? If so I was really hoping it to be included in a firmware update and not have to purchase the KFC and I could use any controller I want.

I have been building my dream rig up as and when I get chance. My aim was to contain a wireless unit, my power rack kemper, some lights and phantom power for my midi pedal all within the kemper in a 4U rack unit.
    So my kemper sits in the 3U part at the bottom whilst my wireless (when purchase) will eventually sit above it.
    Then I wanted to build up a 1u unit which I could plug the power to everything and a patch bay for the useful live connections i.e. MIDI out + phantom power, power amp out, monitor out for power amps, XLR out for DI into the board. Basically so when I'm on stage I don't need to get my phone out an have a look at what I'm connecting in.

I was wondering has anyone on the board made such a thing integrating power and useful sockets? Any does and don'ts?

Ages ago I voted on the new features and it looks like the looper came out top on that. I was wondering does anyone know when that will be available?
    I keep holding off buying a looper but, by now I could have got one and been using it for practice and writing.