Profiling gain and other issuse.

• I have been using my profiler for a while now and basically I've had a had a few issues I can't seem to solve:

Firstly the return level. Personally this is a Russian roulette of will it profile. I try and get my output level so it's in the orange and that's it and then I have endless issues and basically I swap and chop between the profiler telling me "Too low signal level" to "Too much noise". Where am I ment to be looking to get that level correct?

Next is the starting profile. Normally I want a blank profile with no extras but, the profiler always sticks a whole host of effects from previous profile in, in general all I want is a clean slate each time. How can I do that?

Also I know some people will say are you mad wanting to profile a pod. But, for some tracks I really dig a digital tone and I want a choice. So any hints, direct seems a bit naff. Does running it through a cab work and micing it?

• hi.

to get a good level for profiling, simply play guitar while 'Reference Amp' is selected and use the Return Level parameter to set it.
    I like to get a good strong green signal.

just make a rig with no stomps, save it as 'Profiling Start' or something and use that as a basis for your profiles.

hth