Posts by theplayer

So that's the problem (which I anticipated). Surely I can update to Profiler Operating System 4.0.5 Public Beta but it says: This is a Public Beta software and shouldn't be used for critical applications!
    Is it still OK to do so?

If I look in Downloads then I must go to category Operatings System Beta Versions for the latest update. I want to update to beta 4.0.2. But all I can see is 4.0.5 and this version shouldn't be used for critical applications.
    Filtering in Order (latest addition, oldest addition, alphabetically A-Z or Z-A).... None leads me to 4.0.2 for downloading....!

I can't find the release notes and I can't find the delays...!

The old delays are united in the new ldly delays. Use the checkbox in the left upper corner of the display . If you uncheck it you can tweak your delay in ms, if the box is checked you can use it like the old tap delay. Your old delay presets in the stomp section are renamed with dly-your old delay name.

When my display shows the rig, in the upper left corner it says: ALL RIGS. There's nothing to uncheck or check. I can't understand what you mean with: Your old delay presets in the stomp section are renamed with dly-your old delay name.

All I know is that I don't see any delays any more under the delay button. Page 74 reference 4.0 only talks about legacy delay and about the Delay Module. But where is that module hidden?

(I'm sorry for all this but I have to translate everything and try to understand all terms....) Does anyone know if there's a video of this feature?

I used a rig to tweak a bit. There's a new delay in it: Legacy delay but I want another. I notice also that there are two green leds above the delay button. So I press the delay button in the X-section for browsing more delay options but there are no other delays visible, just other fx. Never experienced this before. I also notice that that two green leds turned to red! Haven't a clue why. Surely I've missed something in an update with new fx like recently the morphing fx...

Hi, To everyone in all latest replies about my remarks about the toilet humor. It's really no big issue! The positive beauty of it is the really concrete examples how to achieve. Next to that I did a feature request, because it's still hard to obtain such a nice specific reverb. Of course I can put a mike in the toilet etc. but that's not Kemper's aim neither it was developed for, right...? :)
    Here's another small example with a deep ending decay for what I mean and TMO very hard if not impossible to achieve
    https://soundcloud.com/theplayer-3/deep-reverb

I would like to see more REVERB options for a wide range of professional and ambient sounding rigs. Particular a Chamber reverb which has the tweakable option to sound in the depth and coming from a substantial distance. On stage it must sound like the player is playing in a natura sounding and spacy environment somewhere far away.

I guess these are not serious contributions to what I'm asking for...
    paults: thanks for your advice. I'll make a feature request, hoping that is what I'm looking for.

So playing live on stage can't compete with studiorecordings, I know. Still pity that reverb possibilities like in my example are quite limited in the KPA.

I tried several options but they all not really come close. I guess I need an extra kind of unit. Somewhere I still have an old TC Electronic G-Force unit Maybe that'll do the trick but this unit is known for some tone sucking...

Yes! And when you can achieve that then the solo guitar is sounding much less to the front, less dominant and less overruling and sounds more mellow. I guess this recording was done with the guitarplayer in the toilet or somewhere in the backyard. I tried all kinds of internal reverbs with tweaking of mix and time but nothing comes close. In a way I compare it with a reverb that professional singers use: enormously natural sounding ambience (but then for guitar a bit extra!)

Hi SHARRY. I have 600 to my convenience... Ik know too much but then I have a lot to choose from and also for tweaking. I have about 100 under my feet with a Roland FC 200 midi controller in an very unconvential way: I have a rig for verse sound and another rig for solo sound for the same song which I both assign to two midi numbers on my controller. It;s sometimes tapdancing....Maybe I'm better off with the remote.

Fortunately I now have found out there's no need to delete every second rig separately. I used pressing the RIG button and BROWSER mode at the same time, while holding the RIG button for at least 30 seconds. Every double rig is gone now :)

I'm glad at least someone shares my point of view. Is it too much said that this great forum (!) would not exist if everything about the Kemper was crystal clear explained in the manuals?

Still I'm stuck now with every rig twice in my KPA after backing up on stick.

I have read the reference manual carefully about this issue, but it covers no explanation for this. And now I'm stuck with the fact that every rig appears TWICE in my profiler. Haven't a clue where that comes from....

Now I found that I obviously have done it wrong.
    I put my stick again in then KPA which is turned on (like SHARRY mentioned. THANKS for that!) And I had to format again. When this was done I removed the stick and placed it back. AND ONLY NOW I can see the options IMPORTING / EXPORTING RIGS. Never saw this before! What have I done wrong in the whole procedure?