Posts by JerEvil

Here's a fast clip I threw together of Merciful Fates "The Uninvited Guest" using the HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S0 profile. 2 rhythm tracks panned hard left/right and a lead track panned dead center.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice! Looking for something to get me away from using plug-ins for my bass sounds and reduce CPU usage when recording. I LOVE my Studio Devil Bass Pro plug in, but am looking forward to seeing what the bass profiles can bring to the table.

I think we get that. But, how do they sound?

LOL! I don't know that's why I started this thread! LOL!

Someone on another forum mentioned them sounding a little "thin" - I was actually expecting to see more replies here. Spoke with Matrix and you would still need to bypass you cab monitoring. Not sure the extra few hundred for a few less unds is worth it for me.

Awesome dude!
    It's amazing to see how people use these profiles. I've gotten clips from a couple customers and it's so cool because each one is different and different from my own personal clips. It's pretty rewarding to see them in action by others.

Glad to provide smiles! I will try and get the full thing tracked this week. Need a new mic stand … my son "accidentally" broke mine! LOL! I may snag your Quick Rod profiles and mix in with the Marshall ones for this ...

That sounds great.
    Could use a little more high-end, but that has more to do with drums than the actual guitar tone.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks! I tried to show the profiles "as is" but definitely could use a hi-pass on them. Thanks for checking it out.

YES! Late to this party as well, but hellsyes Jer, this is GREAT!

Thanks brutha! FRPC's free profiles are better than most of the commercial profiles I have bought.

killer metal tones & play ; looking forward what's next !

That's the beauty of the KPA, plug your guitar , loop some drums, record, get a killer recording better than lots of 90's era recordings 8o

Thanks!

Care to share your guitars / profile recommendations? Is your RAT an actual pedal, or using the Kemper stomp?

Thanks,

PRAISE THE TONE LORDS!!! I'VE ONLY GONE AND FIXED IT!!!!!!! :)

So, besides swapping out my patch-cable connects for proper XLR's from the main out > Interface, I also bought a new plug with a 5 amp fuse. The original power cable that came with my Kemper had one pin all bent - so I just used an old kettle cable I had - and put a 5amp fuse in.

Now, my guitar is much more weighty and has more bass - had to drop the master volume to 0.5 and master out to -35.9db but by lord - something has gone right!!! Time to try profiles....WITHOUT THE FIZZ AND TOP END!!!!!!!!!

Whew! Glad you got it sorted! I have not profiled anything yet but I will be this weekend. I will be profiling the exact rig I mentioned. Splawn amp and cabs, unbolted and boosted with a Maxon OD808X and USA ProCo RAT.

Did a quick tone check with Vrad's JCM800 profile called "2203 G12M SM57 3"

3 guitar tracks. 2 panned L/R with the boost turned off, 1 center with boost and chorus on.

Bass is using the Studio Devil Bass Pro plug in and drums are Slate Platinum 4. Guitar is my white/black pointy Mammoth with Duncan Custom. A bit of Lo/Hi Pass on guitars and bass but that is it.

Soundcloud:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Planning on doing this whole song with vocals. That's my buddy Zak on drums (son of famed Harry Nilsson) playing a Vdrum kit that I added the Slates to.

Wow they are all waaay different! Cool riffage! I too have the same Sonic Underground package as I can't get enough angry tones in my arsenal.
    On the DMoll labels, The "c" indicates the mid cut was used; cal indicates Creation Audio Labs 423 clean boost was in the chain

Well your 2 are certainly my favorite so far! Just damn brutal! You'll be glad to know you were my "first" ... purchases for commercial profiles.

I think we are married in some countries now.

I posted these over at GAB as well.

I have a GCP as well and for the life of me I can not get the GCP to switch the right rigs. When in 4 preset mode, I assign button one to a clean rig. Say, number 8. On that clean rig, I have gone into the Mdid Assign page under "System" and assigned it ton 8 as well. For some reason when I hit button 1 on the GCP, it still doesn't recall the right patch.

I value you it in time. My time and ease of use is worth a lot I don't want to be messing about with programming, or trying to guess what button is assigned to what effect. I personally will probably not use the looper and don't care to much for it. Integration and time wise to me it is worth every penny.

I am right there with you on this. I have had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to set up my Ground Control Pro with the Kemper and have given up as I have no gigs scheduled as of right now.

I am all about ease of implementation. I am a husband, father of 2 teenagers, a salaried employee (lots of work hours) and now gigging semi-regularly. My free time is at a premium so for me, the price is worth it to know I can plug and play whenever I want.

I am sure the GCP might be fairly easy to program once I get the hang of it but I got very frustrated very quickly.

Additionally, I love the idea of not having to have ANY power source attached to my board. Since the remote shows the full tuner display I can leave that and my VooDoo Lab ISO-5 at home.

Same riff played through some profiles from my man xRay and some from Sonic Underground Studios.

So I thought I would try a little "across the pond" DM style riff with a few Diezel profiles I got. The first 2 are from xRay profiles and the last 3 are from Sonic Underground Studios. The last clip is the KT88 loaded 5150 which sounds pretty damn rad.

I don't know if the Diezel ones sound like the real amps as I have only ever played an Einstein. I certainly have my favorites in this clip but thought I'd share.

Here's the order:

xRay Profiles:
    • D-Moll: xRay - xD-Moll25c
    • D-Moll: xRay - xD-Moll51c cal

Sonic Underground Studios:
    • Hagen: Sonic Underground Studios - IC4 Hagen Mega
    • Herbert: Sonic Underground Studios - IC4 Herbert Crunch TS
    • Peavey KT88 5150: Sonic Underground Studios - IC4 5150 KT88

2 tracks hard left/right of each profile, PRS CE24 w/Bareknuckle ceramic Warpig. A little hi-pass on the guitars but that's it

Soundcloud:

Live I use a 2x12 Mesa cab connected to the speaker out on my powered toaster and then send the FOH a mono signal with cab simulation on from one of my monitor outputs. There's an option to have speaker sim off when using the speaker output which I have enable since I'm using a 2x12 guitar cab.
    Works and sounds fantastic to me and every sound engineer who's mixed my band so far.

Ok so I do the same thing. Just have not tried it with the DI profiles. For some reason I assumed they didn't have any cab as part of the profile and were specifically for using a guitar cab. I use the monitor out to my power amp and then mono direct from the XLR outs. It does indeed sound great but I have been using regular profiles with the cabs monitoring off to the "monitor" output. I use a Jet City 1x12 or Splawn 2x12 depending

So how do these work if you still want to run direct to FOH or do you NOT do that anymore? I like to be able to give sound guys the option.