Posts by JerEvil

Sorry to hear this as I am enjoying playing the high gain stuff quite a bit. I will say though, high gain is a little different to everyone. My ideal high gain tone is my Splawn Quick Rod pushed a touch with a USA made RAT pedal. I use it for everything from classic rock to In Flames, Hyposcrisy, Entombed, etc. I have not profiled it yet but I plan to.

One thing to remember about the Kemper is that you are at the mercy of the profile to some degree. I have purchased quite a few high gain commercial profiles from some of the "big names" that I can't stand and wish they had a return policy. At least they aren't very expensive. I have also gotten a few that are just STELLAR! It's a lot of trial and error. Once you find some you like, it's tonal heaven. Gotta be patient though.

I too came from the Eleven rack recently and it is certainly a noticeable difference i sound quality. I also went from 5" monitors to 8" in my home studio.

Thanks.

I am going to edit the OP as I may not have stated clearly, I am looking to have 2 sets of profiles. One set with the 57 and the other set with the 609. Both independent sets of profiles. I mentioned the dual mic option as I have seen a few folks create profiles with a 57/other combo. That would be last on my list of "to do's".

Hopefully this clears up what the scope of my first profiling project is.

Will do. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24.

My preference is to NOT mix the 2 miss but offer profiles with the same amp settings and the option of the 609 OR 57. I know I mentioned dual miss but I doubt I will do that. Good advice on the "too many options". I have seen some guys do EVERY notch on the gain knob of their amps. I figured at least low, mid, high, extreme gain settings (even though I NEVER have it over 1:00).

I'll definitely need some help on the reaping option. Thanks so much for the input.

Here are some YouTube vids of my old Fryette Deliverance 12o and Sig: X.

I can't seem to find any profiles that really have the VHT/Fryette growl. Anyone have any profiles they recommend? Free or commercial. I understand this vid is compressed from YouTube and has a lot of my rooms natural verb since the floor was all tiled but MAN this is what a VHT/Fryette sounds like to me.

Deliverance 120:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sig: X

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sorry the volume is so low in the second vid.

and let me know if this seems right.

Took some advice from FastRedPonyCar on how to get 2 mic's set up for 2 independent sets of profiles. It'll be one set with my SM57 and a set with the same settings but using a Sennheiser e609. 1 set with the Splawn 2x12 loaded w/Celestion Creamback 65's and a set with my Jet City USA cab loaded with a V30.

Here are the profiles I plan to make:

Clean Channel:
    • Straight clean
    • Clean w/drive 9:00, 10:30, Noon, 2:00, full
    • Same as above boosted w/Maxon 808X and Black Arts Coven

Gear 1/2/3:
    • All would be set to the same gain options as above but using both OD1 and OD2
    • Would also use the Maxon OD808X on each setting

I would do the first profile, say Gear 1, OD 1, SM57, gain at 9:00, then do the same but unplug the 57 and plug in the e609. Then wash/rinse/repeat.

Does that seem the be the best way to make a lot of profiles at once while using 2 different mics?

That would be 36 profiles on the clean channel alone! Yikes.

This may be quite the undertaking.

Here are sue clips of me just quick tracking my Quick Rod. I am pretty happy with them so I am guessing the profiles SHOULD sound close when I am done with them. ***NOTE: THESE ARE NOT PROFILES. Just sounds I have gotten in my little home studio with my amp.

http://www.tonefinder.com/file…797655-QuickHeavyTest.mp3
    http://www.tonefinder.com/file…Splawn_Mooer_RockLead.mp3

Here is my first stab at tracking with my Kemper. I think it came out pretty good. No post processing outside of putting into T-Racks and upping the level a bit. 2 rhythm tracks panned hard left/right and one lead track down the middle. I didn't alter the profile at all, just plug and play. Used the profiles chorus, verb and delay on the lead. Guitar is tuned to C# with 12's. Need to go to 11's.

[Blocked Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r205/JerEvil/My%20Equipment/0B65431D-7C4D-42F5-8160-AE8BB9E6C4CA_zpsbhvdizac.jpg]

I used:
    • Kemper
    • FastRedPonyCar's Splawn Nitro profile on all 3 tracks
    • PRS CE24 (Bareknuckle Ceramic Warpig
    • Steven Slate Platinum for the drums

I literally hooked up my new monitors this morning, plugged in the SPDIF cable, grabbed a few drum loops and had at it.

It think it is VERY promising.

Forgive the sloppy leads.

Soundcloud:

External Content soundcloud.com
    [/soundcloud]

Great post! So are you using SPDIF? I am also on Logic Pro X, Yosemite but using Steven Slate Platinum for drums.

SPDIF all the time, bra!

When I tracked analog the tones were not what I was hearing direct from the Kemper. When I got the Saffire and went SPDIF it was WOW. Tracked just like I heard it direct. Can't beat it.

If you got it. Use it. And you got it.

Areyou using the Pro 24 as well?

Awesome. So it's functionsl both ways. Thanks for posting.

Hm, I'd find it unpractical to take the Remote out of the box and the Kemper as well and having to put them into place.
    I'm more a '1 device -1 case' guy. :)

Oh oh me too but sometimes our stage space is limited and I want to make sure that if I can't transport the controller in my pedalboard case (which is 32" wide, I still have "drop protection"

So I already ordered and am very excited to get the remote. My only question, which just occurred to me, is will it work in browse AND performance mode? It says the 5 buttons give you access to 5 rigs. In performance mode would each bank be a performance/song and in browse mode it would just be rig changes?

also, does the tuner show the little slider on the display or just the 3 lights? I assume it shows the slider