Posts by JerEvil

Using a bongo/drum bag from CG...cheap and useful....think I can fit in the controller too.....

Found a bag at GC I'm going to grab today. I keep my pedal board with controller wired and ready to go in a pedal board case most of the time. I'm hoping now that I am on the list for the Kemper remote, I will be able to go to a smaller board.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] - used a GCP with my Kemper for three years, can probably help you set it up if you had any questions or problems.

Pete

Interesting your name is Pete. I actually found a very good post on the Pete's Profiles site that walked me through it I got it set for 4 preset mode and all the Instant Access buttons assigned. Well the ones I wanted anyway. Did the tap tempo work ok?

Would you put this in the loop on a clean patch or right up front?

It's the Mooer Acoustikar. I am using my Kemper in a band specializing in corporate gigs. We have a few songs that need acoustic sounds (Can't Find My Way Home, Can't Always Get What You Want - intro, etc.) but I do not want to have to bring an acoustic, big stand up holder for it, etc. Snagged in on a "Best Offer" from Reverb.com for $55.

Here's some clips of the Mooer:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyone here using these with your Kemper? I was planning on using my 1x12 Jet City cab w/Vintage 30 and ISP Stealth power amp. My Kemper will be here Wednesday. I have read plenty of folks using regular old guitar cabs and being perfectly happy with their sound.

Just wondering, should I NOT be one of those people, how do these cabs stack up?

Additionally, if I stick with my 1x12, how do I turn the cab off the profile going to my guitar cab but keep it ON for the direct to FOH sound? Is that through the CabDriver thing? Anyone know where this is explained?

My Kemper is supposed to be here Wednesday. I will be using my GCP as well. I am totally a midi rookie. Was the GCP easy to set up and set instant access with the Kemper? I got it figured out for my Eleven rack so I assume the process is similar.

Thanks man! I do drafting and design at a steel fab shop, so I designed some brackets to hold the Stealth in there. They use the KPA's existing holes on either side, and use the existing screws too. Works really well! And yeah, there's just enough room in there to fit the power supply as well. Could hardly ask for a better fit!
    Let me know if you (or anyone else) would be interested in a pair of those brackets, I can look into getting some more cut. Would probably be a small cost for material and shipping.

I just bought a stealth as well any chance on taking you up on those mounting brackets?

I have the same headphones I guess it makes sense that if the profile sounds good in those, a pro level PA should sound good as well.

I use a Line 6 G30 and do go out front to listen to the sound....but I have to run back and forth to change rigs on the FCB. I use a 2 x 12 cab and mic it....just what works for me....I've not had the time to experiment through a proper PA....didn't like it in the rehearsal room and have trust issues! So I get it sounding as I like through the 2 x 12 cab and then let them mic it.....

I may go this route

So I have a 10 inch powered wedge, and was thinking about selling it. It's not the best wage but it's pretty good. It is an alto TS 110 a. I wonder if I should keep this to reference the profiles I plan to use live. I'll still run my one by 12 guitar cabinet and stealth power amp for stage reference.

I gave mine a listen in the mains when I first got it, but, not since then. If you are using FRFR onstage, you know what you are sending to the mains. The rest is up to the Sound Tech :)

i suppose the same is true for any guitar set up a $4k valve rig is still the mercy of the sound man.

Are you running wireless? If so, are you actually getting down off stage to hear your direct tone through the FOH during sound check? Do you ever opt to have the sound man mic your guitar cab (for you non FRFR guys)?

Are you all taking at face value your profiles are sounding as you'd expect? I mean every house system is different as is every sound mans idea of what sounds good