Posts by spottydog10

From the front input sound.
    The re-amped sound is tinny and horrible compared to just recording directly thru the front input.
    I've had the re-amped sound output on Master Stereo and Guit/Stack, checked levels on the DAW etc.
    I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks,
    Mike

Thanks Nightlight, I'll try that on the next recording (I'm mixing at the moment)
    I gave me ears a break from the track by sticking a bit of Blondie on and couldn't resist turning the KPA on and playing along.
    I just stuck with the first amp that came on and it sounded fantastic, if that had been my POD HD it would have taken an hour to program a satisfactory sound.
    You gotta love this thing....)
    Mike

The constant latency button worked a treat, thanks.
    2 other questions.
    The reamping sound from the KPA is coming back in the right channel only, the recording on the left, can this not be centered somehow?
    The original recording being sent to the KPA is quite loud and it's hard to tell if the new sound coming back from the KPA is the right one to fit the track.
    If I turn down the monitored channel the KPA volume turns down also.
    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Mike

Is of a Roland JC120 1985 model
    I've done clean, distortion pos 1, 5 and 10.
    Mic is an SE1.

How do I change the author name? It keeps coming up as Uwe Bossert and is highlighted in green (not changeable) in RM.
    Ta,
    Mike

The JC sounds best for me at all half way eq settings, it's a 1985 model.
    I have a LP and a Strat,do I make a profile with each guitar or am I misunderstanding how the Kemper works?
    Cant even remember how the Carlsbro sounds tbh but it has nice coloured knobs:)

Pity that, I may try it anyway.

Yeah, I'll do all eq at halfway then with the distortion on at a couple of levels and make 2 or 3 profiles.
    There is a bright switch as well but it tears your head off if activated...
    I have access to a Fender, a Carlsbro! and a small Vox (all combos) knocking around somewhere as well, I'll do 'em this week sometime.

I'm going to profile my Roland JC120.
    I note in the KPA manual it says to turn any modulation effects off when profiling but the Roland has a very sweet stereo chorus and I'd like to capture it if possible.
    Further on in the manual it says you can profile a rotary speaker so what's the difference?
    If I bung a mic on each speaker do you reckon it'll do the job?
    Ta,
    Mike

PS I'm loving the Kemper, best thing for guitar I've ever bought, and I've had a few in me time...

Got it working finally.
    I had to create a new strip in the Emu patchmix, reconfigure the Cubase ins and outs and then create a send within the patchmix
    to go only to the SPDIF and re-route the track within Cubase to the new out.
    I did a test recording and the signal is quite low coming back in to Cubase from the KPA (normalising helped)
    Are there suggested volume settings within the Kemper?
    I thank you.
    Mike

Mate, if it was that easy I'd have done it already.
    The way the 0404 works with Cubase, the spdif doesn't just show up as a separate isolated track, the patchmix has to be appended in a certain way.
    Still working on it...
    Thanks for the help,
    Mike

Thing is, to make a separate out within Cubase I have to have a separate port available (in this case the SPDIF)
    If I change the outs to SPDIF in Cubase everything is routed through it, hence I need to create a separate out in the EMU patchmix.
    Problem is when I do this the Asio outs within Cubase disappear.

Well, I did all that and got the recorded track in but...
    I'm getting the whole track back in to the KPA not just the track I want, obviously my sound card set up isn't right within Cubase.
    The card is an EMU 0404 and I cant for the life of me find out how to send that one track from Cubase to the SPDIF. I've appended strips on the 0404 and none of the combinations have worked.
    It's getting on for 2 hours now...:)
    Anybody know how to set up the KPA-Cubase-0404 combination?

Thanks,
    Mike

Got me Kemper last week and it's a dream, ridiculously good guitar tones are going on to my tracks.
    The manual is another thing, not too impressed tbh.(or maybe I'm thick...)
    So can somebody walk me through the reamping scenario please?

I have a new SPDIF cable ordered as the one I had doesn't stay in place in the KPA, should be here soon.
    Do I need 2 SPDIF cables to do reamping?

Thanks,
    Mike

I was rummaging around in a draw for something else and found--an SM58 which I haven't seen for about 10 years.
    Plugged it in and it worked fine but had quite a low signal. Think I'll profile my JC120 with it and some different profiles with various condensers
    and see which sounds best.
    Hopefully pick the KPA up tomorrow, the girlfriend is getting back from France tomorrow as well but I know what my attention will be on:)
    Mike