Posts by Shimmer

Hey Guys,

thanks for the reply.

Just loved the idea of being able to make a preset with the fuzz in the stomp.

And kicking it on or leaving it on and just selecting the preset with the fuzz in stomp section in fx loop.

But I'll have to try how that works out seeming it may not take OD berry well so....

Thanks for the input, gonna try the fuzz first and the the OD. see what works best!

Hey Guys,

Been using Kemper for a while now.

I recently bought some new pedals a soulfood and a DOD corcosa fuzz. I already own a crybaby wah a whammy dt and a rc booster.

I am wondering on how to fit them al in my chain?

Currently:

Guitar --> CRY BABY -> WHAMMY DT --> RC BOOSTER --> KEMPER .

I love the fact that one can use the stomp section with the fxloop to implement pedals in the stomp section.

But do you guys think the fuzz whill work well here?

I was thinking the following:

Guitar --> Cry baby --> Whammy DT --> RC Booster --> Kemper --> FXloop --> DOD corcosa --> Soulfood --> Kemper

Or The soulfood in front of RC booster?

Any thoughts/ ideas welcome on the chain!

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

just wanna share my experience for the Pure cab function.

To me it gives a more in the face guitar sound and makes my guitar sound more alive and biting. The way you get from a real speaker.

I play my monitoring through cab and always felt the cab had more liveliness than the cab section. thats something i really missed when recording late at night with headphones.

I'm used to using a palmer PDI03(no mics) for recording with an amp and this features putts me right back where i was and where i like to be.

great Function! Thanks Kemper!

Everybody enjoy their hard work in making it versatile and wanting to meet everybody's needs. Miced or in the room sound lovers.

Hey guys,

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Whenever i find an awesome merged profile it only sounds good or on the cab or on the headphones. Never on both even when changing cabs and playing with seperate eq from poweramp output etc..

Im using a fryette fatbottom cab and hot stack tele pickups seymour duncan.

Anyone have any suggestion on awesome merged profiles?
    Looking for good lead , clean and lead profile.

Or am i missing something? Seems to me we all as guitarplayer need good monitor(cab) and good FOH sound.

Thanks for any advice.

Greets

Hey Guys,

I just made some merged profiles of my fryette pitbull CL50 head with my palmer PDI03 in flat setting. I used 3.02 kemper software version

I think they sound great on my fat bottom cab as well in the studio out here, but really would like you guys opinion about them.

I got three profiles :

Green channel clean

Green channel crunch

Red channel lead

Amp was set in class A and NORMAL mode, guitar used was a james trussart steel caster with arcane inc single coil pickups.

Hope someone enjoys them and feel free to comment on them, im not an expert on profiling so would appreciate feedback.

The second zip file (CL50-2) are the same profiles but with more presence. Some could like these more for studio.

Greets

Shimmer

Hey guys,

Since I just bought a new guitar i have some questions about the profiles.

Right now my kemper is setup for my original guitar and they sound great.

But with the new guitar i find the profiles need some tweaking to get the desired sound ( no problem here just tweak and save the profile).

But lets say I go out and play live and switch guitars I would need to create a totally different performance with the profiles setup for the other guitar or is there a shortcut here? The only difference between the profiles is EQ in front of amp and EQ behind amp section.

Any tip and ways on how you guys go about this would be welcome.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Not long owner of kemper and searched a lot for good profiles.

Bought a lot of the commercial ones and still felt not there yet!

"Untill Till"!!

For me personally the best profiles out there! Feeling the magical kemper right here because of Till!

Enjoy!

and thanks to all who make kemper what it is! kick ass!

Hey everybody,

I was wondering about using some external exp pedals like dvp1 xl dunlop together with fcb1010, because i dont like the fcb s pedals.

So my plan, cut of the pedals from fcb and make some connection somehow from pedals to board etc..

Anyone already done the job?

Hey guys,

I own a kemper powerrack and currently use it on fryette 4 x 12 cab. Sounds good and clear, but a bit scared for gigs, that FOH whill/Probably sound diffrently then cab.

Thats why im looking fir good frfr speaker to setup and use kemper.

I Stumbled upon

Yamaha dxr 10 or 12

Hk premium pro 12 or 15.

On forum

Any other suggestions?

Budget between 500 and 600 euro.

Also another question:

I heard you can use the kemper on cab with cabs of and at same time frfr speaker with cabs on. Is this true? And how can i setup the kemper to do so?

Thanks upfront everybody! And sorry if this question has been asked hundred times before, if so anybody link to thread?

Hey guys,

I'm not imagening things here.

When I switch the cable the vintage(new one build like a vintage one) one lets the guitar sound more treblie(maybe boosting high frequentie weren't the right words for it). Difference in quality of cables can make a diffrence.

Just like an amp is build of different components to create a certain sound a cable can make a difference in a chain.if that wasn't the case why should manufacturer fabricate high end expensive cables.

I must say it's was a stacking of little things eliminated once at a time. Mostly the cable but also the distortion sense dialed down tamed that high crispy frequentie ("I don't like"). maybe to others it sounds nice.

But I think everyones perception of what he thinks sounds good or not good is different and should be respected, and this forum is here to help everyone reach his perception of sounding good.
    For me it was that high frequentie crisp I hated and I'm verry happy its solved!

So thanks verry much to the people who tried to help.

Enjoy your kempers i'm going to enjoy mine!

Hey Guys,

I think my problem is solved!!

I did the reset, and it made it much better, but not there yet.

Then I changed the guitar cable from a vintage to a planet waves one.

Much better!!

And finally I put the distortion sense on -9,3db it was originally on +4,5dB

This worked for me, seemed the vintage cable boosted the high frequenties of the guitar somehow, and this on top of too much input on amp , boosted that high frequentie on every preset.(distortion)

I still hear it because it was boosted so much these days, but I guess this while go away in time.

I'm starting too feel the kemper.

Thanks for all the help!!