Posts by Shimmer

Hey guys,

The headphones have been plugged in on the kemper and on the audio interface itself.

The guitar i'm using is a james trussart steelcaster with arcane inc pickups.

Cabs aren't turned of, but is sounds like some of the part of the amp without cab is send parralell to the cab segment and then mixed together again. Good describtion of my issue.

So the high frequentie trouble i'm having is the sound of an amp without cab mixed with one with a cab. thats what im experiencing here.

Thanks for all the help so far. Is there somewhere a mixing control for what im describing?

greets

HEY Don,

it's not only with the profiled sounds of my own amps., its with the factory distorted aswel with the TAF distortion profiles.

I noticed that when I profile an amp out here, and in the profile menu it asks to refine, I refine and then compare the kemper with the original amp, and it indeed sounds more treblie, even when messing with the tube sagging and all other features the treblie feel doesnt go away.

Ill check out the parralell path in the rig menu. and I'll post a clip of what i'm experiencing tommorow.

Thanks for all help.

Greets

Hey sambrox,

I've tried different types of monitoring. Mostly i use headphones. Also tried monitors and speaker cab.

Headphones is worst, monitors little better but still there, speaker cab also its still there.

It resides in the high frequenties between 2500 and 10000. When i cut down all high its gon, but this aint the solution because of serieous affecting the guitar sound. Even with the studio eq i cant cut out thatvparticular frequentie because its spread over.

Tried different cables also.

Also tried messing with volumes of input, cabs and output. When de volume is low its gone, when i crank up the volume its back.
    even when volume kemper is low and preamp volume of interface is up its back.

Any guesses?

Greets

Hey Guys,I recently bought a Kemper power amp.Now i've played around a lot with it, but every profile I dial in seems to have some sort of annoying high frequentie in it I can't get rid of.At first I fought ah ok lets EQ, no use! fiddled with cab setting, amp setting etc. etc...Then II tought Ah maybe its because all profiles are made using a mic like SM57, so I made a profile using a palmer amp sim right into the kemper.Still the kemper creates/ adds some sort of high frequentie treblish sound I don't like.Could there be something I'm doing wrong. I have owned many tube amps and have been recording for 15 years now, hav used amplitube3, and it sounds better! I guess that ain't normal for this kind of gear?Currently can't say the kemper makes me groove, but I wan't to believe the stories.Any help out there?Greets

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a Kemper power amp.

Now i've played around a lot with it, but every profile I dial in seems to have some sort of annoying high frequentie in it I can't get rid of.

At first I fought ah ok lets EQ, no use! fiddled with cab setting, amp setting etc. etc...

Then II tought Ah maybe its because all profiles are made using a mic like SM57, so I made a profile using a palmer amp sim right into the kemper.

Still the kemper creates/ adds some sort of high frequentie treblish sound I don't like.

Could there be something I'm doing wrong. I have owned many tube amps and have been recording for 15 years now, hav used amplitube3, and it sounds better! I guess that ain't normal for this kind of gear?

Currently can't say the kemper makes me groove, but I wan't to believe the stories.

Any help out there?

Greets