Annoying high frequentie

• Hey Guys,

I recently bought a Kemper power amp.

Now i've played around a lot with it, but every profile I dial in seems to have some sort of annoying high frequentie in it I can't get rid of.

At first I fought ah ok lets EQ, no use! fiddled with cab setting, amp setting etc. etc...

Then II tought Ah maybe its because all profiles are made using a mic like SM57, so I made a profile using a palmer amp sim right into the kemper.

Still the kemper creates/ adds some sort of high frequentie treblish sound I don't like.

Could there be something I'm doing wrong. I have owned many tube amps and have been recording for 15 years now, hav used amplitube3, and it sounds better! I guess that ain't normal for this kind of gear?

Currently can't say the kemper makes me groove, but I wan't to believe the stories.

Any help out there?

Greets

• Also, what amp/speaker combination are you listening through?

edit: Just saw you have another thread open for this ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Edited once, last by Zappledan ().

• Where is your monitoring amp/speaker(s) connected?

Depending on that you may have clipping somewhere. Some people are struggling with overly sensitive mic-preamps in mixing-consoles or audio-interfaces for recording. This should also affect your clean sounds though, if the cleans are as loud as the distorted sounds. The "pure cab" parameter in "artist mode" isn't going to make significant difference if the signal get clipped somewhere.

• Those high sizzle frequencies within the Kemper are magical, they're what make the Kemper so brilliant...you control the 'sizzle' with your fingers and your guitar volume and tone knobs.
    If you take the 'sizzle' away you end up with a Boss GT100 or Line 6 POD...

Listen here...Kemper magic!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for the video and for bringing this great song back to my mind, Guitartone! Always loved it and still love it. Joe Lynn Turner is a killer singer.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)