annoying high frequentie SOLVED SOLVED

• Hey Guys,I recently bought a Kemper power amp.Now i've played around a lot with it, but every profile I dial in seems to have some sort of annoying high frequentie in it I can't get rid of.At first I fought ah ok lets EQ, no use! fiddled with cab setting, amp setting etc. etc...Then II tought Ah maybe its because all profiles are made using a mic like SM57, so I made a profile using a palmer amp sim right into the kemper.Still the kemper creates/ adds some sort of high frequentie treblish sound I don't like.Could there be something I'm doing wrong. I have owned many tube amps and have been recording for 15 years now, hav used amplitube3, and it sounds better! I guess that ain't normal for this kind of gear?Currently can't say the kemper makes me groove, but I wan't to believe the stories.Any help out there?Greets

• Hey sambrox,

I've tried different types of monitoring. Mostly i use headphones. Also tried monitors and speaker cab.

Headphones is worst, monitors little better but still there, speaker cab also its still there.

It resides in the high frequenties between 2500 and 10000. When i cut down all high its gon, but this aint the solution because of serieous affecting the guitar sound. Even with the studio eq i cant cut out thatvparticular frequentie because its spread over.

Tried different cables also.

Also tried messing with volumes of input, cabs and output. When de volume is low its gone, when i crank up the volume its back.
    even when volume kemper is low and preamp volume of interface is up its back.

Any guesses?

Greets

• Still the kemper creates/ adds some sort of high frequentie treblish sound I don't like.

Hi.
    The Profiler doesn't add anything, It has no 'core sound'. ;)

Could it be that you have the 'Parallel Path' feature enabled (RIG menu, page 4) or maybe the 'Direct Mix' in the AMPLIFIER menu is active (>0.0) and you have a distortion stomp on as well.
    Please post a short recording of the problem.

thanks

• HEY Don,

it's not only with the profiled sounds of my own amps., its with the factory distorted aswel with the TAF distortion profiles.

I noticed that when I profile an amp out here, and in the profile menu it asks to refine, I refine and then compare the kemper with the original amp, and it indeed sounds more treblie, even when messing with the tube sagging and all other features the treblie feel doesnt go away.

Ill check out the parralell path in the rig menu. and I'll post a clip of what i'm experiencing tommorow.

Thanks for all help.

Greets

• Hey guys,

The headphones have been plugged in on the kemper and on the audio interface itself.

The guitar i'm using is a james trussart steelcaster with arcane inc pickups.

Cabs aren't turned of, but is sounds like some of the part of the amp without cab is send parralell to the cab segment and then mixed together again. Good describtion of my issue.

So the high frequentie trouble i'm having is the sound of an amp without cab mixed with one with a cab. thats what im experiencing here.

Thanks for all the help so far. Is there somewhere a mixing control for what im describing?

greets

• Have you tried reinstalling/updating the firmware?
    One of the biggest benefits of the KPA is imho the very good reproduction in the high frequencies compared to other competitors units... but it sounds as the real amp, and not unnatural ... there must be something wrong.

Did you buy the unit new? Maybe there is some weird locked setting. I really would try updating to the latest firmware and doing a system reset.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• if you had the 'Monitor Cab Off' tick box set active in the Output menu, page 3 and were using the Monitor out together with a Main out, something like you describe would occur, but I don't see how that could happen with headphones...

like I said, we need audio exsamples of this.

• Hey Guys,

I think my problem is solved!!

I did the reset, and it made it much better, but not there yet.

Then I changed the guitar cable from a vintage to a planet waves one.

Much better!!

And finally I put the distortion sense on -9,3db it was originally on +4,5dB

This worked for me, seemed the vintage cable boosted the high frequenties of the guitar somehow, and this on top of too much input on amp , boosted that high frequentie on every preset.(distortion)

I still hear it because it was boosted so much these days, but I guess this while go away in time.

I'm starting too feel the kemper.

Thanks for all the help!!

• Hey guys,

I'm not imagening things here.

When I switch the cable the vintage(new one build like a vintage one) one lets the guitar sound more treblie(maybe boosting high frequentie weren't the right words for it). Difference in quality of cables can make a diffrence.

Just like an amp is build of different components to create a certain sound a cable can make a difference in a chain.if that wasn't the case why should manufacturer fabricate high end expensive cables.

I must say it's was a stacking of little things eliminated once at a time. Mostly the cable but also the distortion sense dialed down tamed that high crispy frequentie ("I don't like"). maybe to others it sounds nice.

But I think everyones perception of what he thinks sounds good or not good is different and should be respected, and this forum is here to help everyone reach his perception of sounding good.
    For me it was that high frequentie crisp I hated and I'm verry happy its solved!

So thanks verry much to the people who tried to help.

Enjoy your kempers i'm going to enjoy mine!