Posts by aenimastudios

Hi, I have a guitar rig with 3 Kemper Rack with a Remote through a POE to be able to use 20m ethernet cables.

With the latest update I want to use a ipad to control all kempers at the same time.

I read this from the latest newsletter from KEMPER.

"The Rig Manager for iOS® connects to the PROFILER Stage’s onboard WiFi chip, either directly or via WPS and a local router. The connections to Head and Rack are supported via a local router. With this setup, even multiple PROFILERs can be connected utilizing LAN cables to a wireless router. With Rig Manager connection to the router via WiFi, ALL of the connected PROFILERs can be edited wirelessly"

I suppose that the correct setup will be to connect all kempers to a wireless switch through rj45 ports but I dont know what can I do later to connect the POE amplifiers and the remotes.

Maybe use another ports from the switch to feed all POE's ?

With 3 Remotes will work?

Can you help me?

Hi, I have a problem with my rig manager. I have two Kempers Rack connected through a usb hub to my computer, the problem is that when I select a profile from my rig manager it changes in one of my two kempers but I cant select the correct kemper. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks regards

This week I was exploring DI Profiling feature making some profiles to check it. Now I understand more things...

You can profile your DI and your Cab+Mic separately just if you use this cab for making merged profiles (with the option lock cabinet) using the same Amp.

When we make a Studio Profile we have our own Cabinet+Mic who depends of the original amp. There is not the same make a merged profile using my cab+mic (dependent of original amp) than make another merged profile using a shared cabinet+mic who has been created with a different guitar amp.

It sounds good but when you compare this two situations (make both studio profiles with merged cabinets) there is a great precision difference.

I hope you understand me!

I have a question about "LFC off" on page 11 of the system. I don't know if this button should be enabled or disabled to provide the Low Frequency Correction..

:wacko:

Sorry! I suppose it has to be disabled....

I'm on it? ;(

Ok I have new information about it. DonPetersen thanks for your help!

When I do all things like you describe above, when I copy and paste to DI profile my cab... It sounds really similar when I push Merge Cabinet only. By the moment all it's OK.

The problem is that when I change my preset another time and go back to the Merged Profile it sound like when you press or not the merge button. The sound is like if no merge button was activated. There's not the same I stored (with the merge activated). It's like I store the Merged Profile without Merge Cabinet activated.

Im going to restart my KPA :(

I'm doing that like you and the manual describe but the results are the same, DI profile is totally different to the Studio Profile when I make a copy or merging cabinets respect using Lock button

I suppose thats a FW3.0 issue or similar, also sometimes when I change of profile, Studio Profile appears like it doesn't have cabinet (sound) but cabinet button still activated, then I change of profile another time and everything it's ok

Hi everyone!.

I'm trying to understand all potential of new FW3.0, specially DI Profiling.

For my experiment... I have this gear:

PRS Singlecut
    Diezel VH4 (CH3)
    Bogner Ecstasy Cabinet (Using a TAD 16 ohms Silencer Line Out for the DI signal)
    Shure SM 57 On Axis

The Method:

First step, I profile my sound with KPA typically, using Diezel + Cabinet + Mic... New Profile! (Mic Profile)
    Second step, I connect TAD Silencer Line Out to KPA Return Input for DI Profiling... New Profile! (DI Profile)

Now, when I select my DI profile the CABINET part of the preset is off.

The problems begins here....

I know two ways for have a merged profile.

1. Select my Mic Profile and using LOCK to lock the cabinet+mic portion of the profile and later go to the DI Profile. ---> They sound very similar.
    2. Select my Mic Profile and holding CABINET I can select the cabinet+mic portion of my previous Mic Profile, then I STORE the new profile.

Second method sounds very different to the original. It's like It has a low pass filter (less treble).

I don't know more ways to do DI Profiles.... and I always use the way 1 for this and results are good with the same cabinet+mic to compare. But its not different using FW 2.7.4.
    Really I think Im making some thing bad when I use the second way.

Is there a way to difference tipical profile and DI profile in Rig Manager or in Kemper PA?

What's the good way to make a merged profile?