Posts by Zapman

The action was excellent. It held it's tune well. I believe the maple design was a sticker; not real. It's pretty thick mahogany, but yet doesn't have any dark or grown tone of an LP. Heavier than a modern LP actually, probably not weight relieved. I put TV Jones in it.

All in all it was a solid Middle level guitar. No regrets. I gifted it to a kid in one of the surrounding rural counties and now he plays better than me. I totally didn't expect that, so it felt really nice that he took it seriously and loved it.

I highly recommend just giving a guitar to someone who can't afford one or would really appreciate it.

Very nice of you for sure!!! I thank you for your kindness and you should be proud that he took that gift and ran with it :thumbup:

Just paid for mine this morning. Still waiting on shipping info. Hoping they sort out all these bugs/issues so I can actually use the thing!

Hopefully you get it soon Rich! You might be the first in the US!! Saw you got your DVP's for sale, sorry they didn't work out. Not even keeping one to use with your KPR?

I agree with both of you on the HD280's and pretty much all the other headphones in the $100 range when compared to others costing $100-$200+. I would gladly trade up but I don't use them daily, actually use the open ones even more when I can't play through the cab or Bx8's. I've listened to the HD600's and you are definitely correct, it will surely put a bigger smile on your face while listening. Mine cost $70 used oh well saved there and splurged on a KPA :thumbup:

Hi Steve, not to much thought or money needs to be invested in the RCA cable for S/PDIF. As @paults stated, 1's & 0's really don't have a problem like an analog signal as far as hearing different quality of sound. Either they make to the other end or they don't, at which time you'll definitely know there is a problem.

Was checking out the bug you listed and noticed something else. While booting to Tuner it appeared to be fine until I rocked my volume pedal. The Tuner disappeared and I was now apparently in Browser mode but still had the switch on Tuner. It was now working and showing my Browser rig and back to tuner when the volume pedal was at the heel position. I'm unsure if it did that previously because I usually just tune in Browser mode using the volume pedal.

No...that wasn't a complaint; my recording gear also uses the same cables. I just don't have a ton of extra ones lying around (like I do with micro-USB, etc).

Now you might understand that a lot of your posts seem to be misconstrued as the title of the thread is Kemper vs. Axe, which you started and requested feedback. Therefore I thought you were refering to the type of connection being old school on the Kemper and presumably not on the Axe. Therefore I did my homework and saw that it was the same type connection and that connection is still predominant in a lot of hardware these days. I didn't know you don't have any lying around as I have plenty of them being in IT. As a matter of fact, more of those than the mini or micro usb cables. It's a comparison thread that's what I base my interpretation of a person's comments on. That's all there was to my comment. Hope you are enjoying your new KPA!

Welcome! Very nice bunch of people here that would be glad to help you along when you get your Kemper. Good luck getting your degree!

He's talking about the actual USB cable that the Kemper requires. It's one of the first types that were used for printers and the like. Most devices these days use a female USB port (like your laptop), a female mini USB port (like your PS3 joypad) or a female micro USB port (like your mobile phone/camera), but the KPA has one of those old printer ports, requiring the appropriate cable. No biggie. I once found myself in a pickle though when I'd left my "old school" USB cable at a studio and couldn't find a place that stocked them!

Cheers,
    Sam

Copy that :thumbup: , I was just pointing out that the Axe has the same connection and most larger pieces of hardware still use this so called "old school" connection due to the fact that it is more sturdy than the mini USB ports. To me it implied that the KPA was then "old school" which it is not by a long shot. As always IMHO..

gs,
    I was an early-bird too. Must have signed up under the wrong email address. Please look over your list and let me know which emails are unclaimed for purchasing a remote. I'll let you know which one I mistakenly signed up under and we can change it to my proper email address. Oh yeah, please rank the unclaimed email addresses in order of shipping dates.

Thanks so much,
    Zapman

Just kidding :D !!!! Keep up the good work gs or is it Santa?