Stuff in my home studio

• Hi guys/girls,

I thought this one could be interesting for you since most of my stuff revolves around the profiler.

For example my strat with the S-1 switch is really useful for auditioning profiles. Sometimes just pressing it will turn a weak profile into an awesome one, and it saves me the hassle of switching guitars (luxury problem or what?!).

Warning: I couldn't help but goof around a little bit in this video :D But hey, I have seen others here do it as well :D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kris!
    So glad you're on this forum and more importantly still making videos. (I used to watch them religiously years ago).
    Fun fact: you taught me the sweet child o' mine solo!

Always loved your fun sense of humour and glad you're also a member of the Kemper klub!

Nice collection and studio tour!

• Awesome tour, thank you!The only fault I can find with your studio is ownership of a Parker.But I forgive you! ;)

Haha would it feel better if I had stolen it?! :P

Thanks for commenting, I love your input to the community and great sense of humour! :D

but...

...I still want to know why you don't like parkers? ;)

Kris!
    So glad you're on this forum and more importantly still making videos. (I used to watch them religiously years ago).
    Fun fact: you taught me the sweet child o' mine solo!

Always loved your fun sense of humour and glad you're also a member of the Kemper klub!

Nice collection and studio tour!

Hehe wow thanks man! :D It's really cool to find old Internet acquaintances here, it seems MentaL also knew my stuff since before.

Given how neatly the Profiler is evolving I bet everyone will soon be here! :D

• Haha would it feel better if I had stolen it?! :P

Yes!! ;)

I had a PM20 Pro and rested it against a wall. It slid about 2 feet and stopped at a desk's edge and the headstock EXPLODED! One piece was hanging by the strings, but a missing piece flew across the room and took me an hour to find! I had my luthier fix it but he always ragged on me for even owning a Parker. It became an in-joke.

What is your model?

• You're selling me on that Strat you got for sure. As for your cable management, amazing! Don't be afraid of third party plugins man, some are amazing.

My cable strategy is "everything on top", I might be the inventor of this method :D

About plugins - like Sam said it's hard to go back once you start collecting them. Since I had already gone through that with cubase - the clean start with logic pro was a good opportunity to to get rid of additional plugins.

After all, they're just someone else's algo consisting of EQ, compression, distortion etc - in other words all the stuff that's already included in your DAW from start. I just can't help but think I will have so much more power at my disposal if I learn to use these essential tools myself.

I had a PM20 Pro and rested it against a wall. It slid about 2 feet and stopped at a desk's edge and the headstock EXPLODED! One piece was hanging by the strings, but a missing piece flew across the room and took me an hour to find! I had my luthier fix it but he always ragged on me for even owning a Parker. It became an in-joke.

Ouch doesn't sound fun. Though you must have been slightly amused when you saw it die, considering it was a parker. ;)

I am curious about that guitar, I think they have discontinued it. Was it any good?

Mine is a Nitefly first version, it feels extremely solid and stable to me. Like I said in the video, I have had it for more than 10 years and never needed to use the truss rod, or change anything on it - even though I have tried lots of different tunings and string gauges. In my book that's very impressive.

• Thanks KD, I enjoyed the video very much. I have the 50th anniversary Strat with the S1 switch, so the tonal range is very wide and offers as much as I want from a Strat without losing the 3 single coil format that I love. More recently I got a 2013 Les Paul standard for the humbucker tones, but it has coil taps on both pickups to cross into Strat and almost acoustic territory. There is also a switch to put the 2 pickups out phase so between the LP and the Strat I can find almost any electric tone that I need. For acoustic work I have an old steel strung Martin J40m.

• More recently I got a 2013 Les Paul standard for the humbucker tones, but it has coil taps on both pickups to cross into Strat and almost acoustic territory. There is also a switch to put the 2 pickups out phase so between the LP and the Strat I can find almost any electric tone that I need.

Hey that's not fair, feeding my GAS again :cursing: This got me thinking I should get a Les Paul with slimmer neck/better playability + all those pickup options you mentioned. Sounds extremely versatile indeed :thumbup: Thanks for the comment!

• Mine is a Nitefly first version, it feels extremely solid and stable to me. Like I said in the video, I have had it for more than 10 years and never needed to use the truss rod, or change anything on it - even though I have tried lots of different tunings and string gauges. In my book that's very impressive.

The action was excellent. It held it's tune well. I believe the maple design was a sticker; not real. It's pretty thick mahogany, but yet doesn't have any dark or growl tone of an LP. Heavier than a modern LP actually, probably not weight relieved. I put TV Jones in it.

All in all it was a solid Middle level guitar. No regrets. I gifted it to a kid in one of the surrounding rural counties and now he plays better than me. I totally didn't expect that, so it felt really nice that he took it seriously and loved it.

I highly recommend just giving a guitar to someone who can't afford one or would really appreciate it.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• The action was excellent. It held it's tune well. I believe the maple design was a sticker; not real. It's pretty thick mahogany, but yet doesn't have any dark or grown tone of an LP. Heavier than a modern LP actually, probably not weight relieved. I put TV Jones in it.

All in all it was a solid Middle level guitar. No regrets. I gifted it to a kid in one of the surrounding rural counties and now he plays better than me. I totally didn't expect that, so it felt really nice that he took it seriously and loved it.

I highly recommend just giving a guitar to someone who can't afford one or would really appreciate it.

Very nice of you for sure!!! I thank you for your kindness and you should be proud that he took that gift and ran with it :thumbup:

• Hahaha, Kristoffer....det var inte igår :)
    Also a Kemper user eh? Niiiiice. Just got mine a month ago. Diggin it severely.

/Kristian N

Kristian....Friedman?! ;) Is that you? Who introduced me to Line6 POD (and other, much more important things). Mr extreme legato?

Man I am getting nostalgic, if you still live in Stockholm we should meet up! Everyone is on the Kemper forums, it's amazing!

• Very nice of you for sure!!! I thank you for your kindness and you should be proud that he took that gift and ran with it :thumbup:

Yeah, thanks, it's touching actually. He lists me as his "Uncle" on Facebook, and we follow each other on Instagram. He's in college now learning to be a Pilot and posts pictures from the sky. I get all fatherly and say "No Texting while Flying!!" ;)

His Dad is from Costa Rica and we've become close friends. Drinking buddies and play soccer as well. It's a small world on the Futbol pitch! It's true what they say, give and the world gives back.