Posts by benvigil

I wonder if Thomann, Germany is getting them first. In the United States the full X-Touch isn't even available for dealers to purchase yet. They don't even show incoming inventory.

The X-Touch Compact is still on the slow boat, but no date of arrival yet.

The X-Touch Mini has been available for a couple months.

During calibration always a full swell is required. This isn't new. Only the label of the of the button has changed. You find description on pages 44/45 of Reference Manual 3.1.

I'm fully aware of how it used to work. I'm also fully aware of what the manual says, specifically: "...press “Calibrate” and perform a full swell on the pedal to calibrate it. You can monitor the changing swell value of the pedal directly under the soft button."

But my question remains unanswered... do you press and hold or press and release? On my KPA neither method results in ANY VISUAL INDICATION WHATSOEVER that calibration is occurring.

IOW, the calibration soft button doesn't seem to do anything at all. I [still] have the same problem as the OP and others in this thread.

Ok, so I've had a little play around. Unfortunately I only have my homemade expression pedal (old modded wah wah) to hand, so my results aren't very scientific. I found that the response was somewhat haphazard on the calibration screen, sometimes showing 100% at toe (correct reading), sometimes 75% (incorrect). This applied to both type 1 and 2. I'll have to repeat the test once I have my mission pedal here.

I also have a question on how the calibration is supposed to work in OS v3.x ...

• Do you press and hold the calibration soft button while you sweep?
    • Do you press it once, sweep, then press again?

My calibration soft button doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Same problem with both of my Yamaha FC7 pedals. It does work somewhat erratically, but from heel to 75% does nothing at all.

Pressing the Calibrate button does not appear to do anything at all. No UI feedback whatsoever. Also, the KPA UI no longer matches the calibration instructions in the manual so the manual is no help.

I'm having problems with both expression pedals connected to Remote and the Kemper own. I have calibrated, the volume pedal settings is as always, the wheel hard left. I have two expression pedals that lead me Moog 6 months and have never given me problems, until today I installed the 3.1 I have worked perfectly. what happens is that in the pedal all the way down to 75% of the route for the Kemper is zero, and this 75% 100% pedal KEMPER makes the journey from zero to 100% which makes it very difficult to handle and knocked out 75% of pedal travel. With both got it wrong with me, I give the calibration button and makes the whole journey but until I'm up almost no on-screen bar moves. This pedal has a wheel to limit the maximum abuts as it should be, and also has a standard swich to switch to another. I have tried all ways and nothing. paa has someone the same? Perfect for others, puree cabinet is amazing, it takes a big leap in terms of realism.

I have the exact same problem with two Yamaha FC7 pedals.

I am a Behringer integrator.

We've been testing the new Mini units in-house and have confirmed how they behave. The Compact units are still on the slow boat and haven't arrived in the US yet but you can look at the Manuals online. They behave the same way.

Hoepfully they'll issue a firmware update so they can receive MIDI data in a normal manner.

Not sure what your use case is, but the new units are a BIG step backwards if you need to send MIDI the boards.

The encoders don't respond to incoming MIDI data on the corresponding channels when you configure the board. IOW, the button lights and encoders only receive MIDI data on specific hardcoded channels, regardless of what channel they send on. Moreover, the encoders don't receive MIDI data AT. ALL. Insane! The only data they receive are very specific messages to turn on/off specific LED lights (13 possible messages for each encoder). It gets better. Those LED lights that you can update via MIDI do not correspond in any way to the value of the encoder the LED belongs to. So for example, you can't send CC# value of 30 to an encoder and it will update itself along with the LED. Nope, you can only tell that encoder to light up LED light #5 (out of 13), but the encoder is still set to whatever it was before, only the light changes. I just don't get it.

It's entirely brain dead. Honestly, I can't think of any possible explanation except that they built the basic minimalistic MIDI receive features they needed to interact with the X32 platform, ignoring it's use in any other context.

I posted it a few posts back....

I got the toaster and the two EV ZLX-12P cabinets for $2450 total out the door. That was $1750 for the Kemper and the cabs at $350 each. The cabs required special approval but at $1750 the Kemper was within their "safe" profit margin, whatever that % number is.

But this is what you need to do (regardless of the price)... first check to see if they are still running the special where you get 12% off the price of a gift card when you sign up to their text blasts. The gift cards have a $1000 limit each. So if you use 3 phones, you can get $2500 in gift cards for $2200. If you can get the above deal, you're paying $1750 for the Kemper and $225 each for the cabinets.

Looper can be used with simple controller which sends single CC message to PC, where it gets translated by Jazz plugin to NRPN message (4 consecutive CCs). So if you don't mind using Jazz plugin as translator, you can use any MIDI controller.

That said, you could also use any controller that is capable of sending 4 CC (or more) messages on a button press. I do not know if the HD500 is capable of doing that.

Long before purchasing a Kemper, I purchased a Mitigator RFC-1 for looping, which has the note on/off function described on page one of this thread, which enables looping via midi. There is a small handful of midi controllers out there which enable this: Rocktron All Access, for instance. If midi looping were made available, perhaps Kemper could include a list of the suitable, compatible midi pedals on the market (used and otherwise). I'm ready when you are! :)

CK was not referring to note on/off messages, but rather, that the controller needs to be able to send different messages on switch down vs switch up... in this case they were different NRPN messages (not PC, CC or Note, etc.).

Vast majority of controllers cannot send NRPN messages.

In MIDIPipe, you can also use the Message Factory to generate multiple messages from a single input event. For example you could send a bunch of SysEx when you get a CC message with very specific values, etc.

TIP: if you're having trouble with messages disappearing, make sure you have MIDI Thru checked for each step.

I think that's the same problem I experienced here and what was reported in the FW3 bugs thread.

The problem is that the looper seems to be running in the Rig "context", so to speak. The volume of the looper is controlled by the current Rig volume, even if it was recorded with a different volume.

Record a loop, switch rigs, change the RIG volume and the looper volumes changes. It shouldn't.