Posts by Monkey_Man

Those similarities we touched on off the board continue to accumulate, Anthony.

SSD4 is the only drum VI I've bought, and I grabbed it on Black Friday last year, when it appeared (the last time it did so) for exactly the same price as it is now, its lowest-ever.

Don't know about the license-key thing 'cause I haven't looked at it since then, but I did spend a month trying to sort mine out 'cause my cousin's name appeared in the GUI of the plug instead of mine 'cause he bought it for me due to the fact that I couldn't buy online at that stage. Support sorted it out for me, so if you have any issues, they'll be able to mail it to you or create a new one and send it, as they did for me.

I too am keen to hear any tips folks have to offer, so please feel free to expand, Raoul!

Two things I'd love to know:
    If I configure a kit for multi-out use, how do I set things up so all kits work this way? Obviously it's counter-productive to have to set things up every time I audition a new kit; the overall sound changes too much if things suddenly revert to plain ol' summed stereo.

All my tracks will be mapped as per my TD-30 brain, which I play from a keyboard whilst using an FD7 (just like a wah pedal) for HH open / close control. All my kits on the TD use 4 toms, which I've programmed all my songs since the late '80s to use. Any thoughts on how to set the VI up to most-easily work with my M.O.?

This stuff's all academic for me at this point as I'm nowhere near being able to record yet, but as I slowly add critical parts to my setup, I try to set them up so when the starting gun fires, I can get to tracking and mixing straight away with hopefully minimal fuss...

How ironic. Now that you say they're back, they've disappeared for me!

It's just like the Commentator's Curse™, and on the available evidence tends to look like someone's messin' with us for sure! 8|

EDIT: This proves my point. I made that commentary, then after I submitted it, my stars reappeared. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

This time it's as if the puppet master thought, "Oh no, Monkey's onto the Commentator's-Curse™ thingy and suspects me, so I'd better quickly re-instantiate his stars; it might then be almost as if it didn't happen...".

Hahahaha I knowed that will be the result. :D
    No I mean chemical! <X
    In the sense of synthetical in some situations. Plastic-sound you know? A little bit spooky and corrosive. 8|
    I love detailed descriptions hahaha...

Thank you Kulle. I'll replace the description with the words you've now provided.

Please let me know if you're still not happy! ;)

BTW, that link does not work unless the user has the same number of post per page in their forum settings as you do. I only have 7 pages in this entire thread, but that link refers to page 12.

Not sure there is anything you can do about it.... just FYI.

Curious, mate, as to what sorts of settings might alter the accuracy of the link.

For instance, text size. I always use command-0 to ensure that the default size is in effect. Would instigating this setting prior to hitting the link solve it for you?

Also, if you've blocked anyone who's posted in the thread that might alter the number of pages, no?

EDIT:
    OK, I just checked both page-width and magnification sizes, and neither makes any difference to the number of pages in the thread. I'm guessing therefore that it must have something to do with the number of posts per page that one has enabled in one's preferences, and / or whether or not anyone participating has been blocked by the user.

I'm happy to attach a short sentence that describes the conditions required to ensure accurate link functionality along with the post number. I'll try this for now in case others run into this issue, at least until we figure out where the repository is going to be kept.

-------------------------------------------

Tally so far:

For Discrete thread
    Sam Brox, but by a mod
    Gianfranco
    Kulle
    Gary

Against Discrete thread
    Paul
    dpeters95

Updated the settings list with Kulle's expanded description of Chi-Wah-Wah 1

------------------------------------
    Kemper Wah-settings List

Doin' well tonight. First I was referred to as "Wise Monkey" earlier, and now this? Man, make way for the Monkster, I'm comin' through... :D

Might have to start talking about myself in the third person now after a boost like that. Better tone down the compliments before you create a monster, GianfrancBro'.

Thanks for the fun mate. Gotta shoot through; I've got a household of one to run after all!

Cheers bud. Sleep well. Oh, that's right, it's daytime for you. Oh well... stay awake well, brother. :D

OK, so he applied his "secret sauce" after printing. Same thing 'though; it's his M.O.

I know that for the SSD4 pack he applied said processing to the raw samples, which were left not raw at all, but that's how SSD's done anyway.

Slash, eh? You know "Fingers" is a die-hard Slash fan? It's why he took up guitar. He learned Slash's entire last album in a day, IIRC, including all the solos. Bloody freak. :D

Actually, I wasn't anything, which is why I gave up on finding an emotionless emoticon.

I didn't know what to think, and figured I'd wait 'til someone who was up with the remote and other controller functionality to chime in as he / she'd have some perspective to offer. As things stood, I had nothin', so I gave nothin'. :D

In essence I was saying, "Hmm... I might have to keep an eye on this to see where it leads..."

OK, so we could sum that up as being mildly tickled or curious I s'pose...

Phew! OK... lemme try to translate that, matey. Wish me luck, fellas. :D

OK, done. I took "chemical" for meaning "harsh". Good thinking, eh guys, eh, eh? :D

Bravo Nicky ^^

As a side note, I'll be all in for a separate thread with just the pre-set(ting)s :thumbup:

The only question I'd have would be as to whether folks post new sets there or not. Obviously I'd keep the first post updated, so it'd not be very different from this arrangement other than for the fact that I'd not have to keep posting the link and so on. I don't want to piss anyone off, so let's see what a few other peeps say, eh?

FWIMBW, I'm grateful for your support for this GianfrancBro', so I do hope it's given the OK; it should be simpler for everyone that way.

EDIT: So far, you and Kulle are for it, and Paul's not so keen, and he gave good reason.

Tally:
    3 for
    1 against

Updated the settings list with Chi-Wah-Wah 1 & 2 by Kulle Wumpenteich

Kemper Wah-settings List

Good thinking, GianfrancBro', but that's not it.

I often hit command-0 out of habit when I'm online anyway just to ensure I'm seeing things as they were intended to be seen.

Thanks mate.

EDIT: Found it!

Extreme bottom-right of the screen. Your description left a little to be desired and had me chasin' all sorts of rabbits down their holes. Sneaky bastard. :D

Thanks again, brother.

Exactly, right?

It just blows my mind how instead of one's ears / mind getting tired of the unit, it somehow seems to keep on sounding better every time you fire it up. Incredible.

How many other pieces of kit can we honestly say this about, guitars excepted?

Based on the CLA SSD4 expansion pack's promo video, I'd say he "pre-produces" each drum in the kit being recorded to the max before he even commits it to tape, so to speak. Even if he does it afterwards, it's still, I'd say a procedure he's become accustomed to going through before commencing mixing. He knows his sound and could probably concoct it in his sleep.

Maybe that's why all that stuff was missing from the tute; it's his secret sauce, after all, and IMHO it's probably a bunch of outboard compressors and EQ.

Whilst some go ape$#!t with EQ in the unit, I stick with the amp-stack knobs and various other settings such as pick, clarity, definition, amp comp and Pure Cab™.

Call me old-fashioned, but that's generally how things go in the real world (if you ignore all that control through these other settings) as far as EQ goes when recording. The rest is done by the engineer when mixing.

By the way Nicky, what about your stars? Didn't I tell you not to eat them all at once??? <X:evil::saint::P

What can I say Arne, I'm a pig of a monkey. :D

I seem to have had a good run here of late. I think it's 4 or 5 days in a row that my stars have been there, at least from my POV. Who knows what you guys saw.

That reminds me - I'd better pull my pants back up...

[Reaches down to ankles...]

"Oh no... noooo!" the Kemperites scream in horror.