Posts by Monkey_Man

I'm not totally sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate on the mp3 piece of this? I'm a little hesitant to buy more commercial profiles right now because I've already tried so many different ones and haven't really found what I'm looking for yet.

Redspecial's obviously referring to demos of the profiles... at least, that's how it looks to me.

Mate, as Gianfranco asked earlier, and as I've been dying to ask too, have you tried decent headphones as a means of checking the author-sense-titty of profiles that're sounding crap in the room?

Another thing, and it may be invalid if you've used the room for real amps and been happy with the sound, but does it (the room) lack treatment? Are there flutter echoes bouncing about? The only wall I see in the video looks like a prime candidate... for accentuating and possibly phase-cancelling pick noise, which is a "symptom" you've specifically mentioned.

In addition to this, if this is what's happening, the "colour" of the room's effect on everything you play will contribute to a sameness across the various profiles you use, and the louder you play, the more affected the Kemper's sounds will be.

With any luck this'll help. There's definitely nothing wrong with what the Kemper's capable of; nothing else comes close IMHO. Actually, I'll amend that to "remotely close".

IMHO the "power" and "thud" you'd get and feel in that situation depends entirely upon what the monitors can deliver.

My Opals could probably register at the seismic-research centre across town if I wanted them to, for example. No problem with definition / articulation and power, baby!

That said, there's a notched output-level knob on each monitor offering settings of 1 to 5. I've not been adventurous enough to go beyond notch 1 yet. :D

Must be using it for FX.

Having played the Kemper, I can't imagine why he'd go that route, even just for jammin'.

As he says in his post, he plans to use it for the amp sims direct for fly gigs. Believe it or not, some people like the Helix' amp sims as much as Kemper's.

Oh, I believe that, Ben. Bad taste and judgement abound, and it's just as well IMHO, lest "everyone" buy a Kemper. As I suggested 'though, knowing that Pete's used both units, and given his "impeccable" taste, I can't imagine why he'd choose the H over the K.

I know it worked out just fine for you, and I'm happy for you man. My L6 story is an epic and sorry one, fraught with tests of patience, financial sacrifices and "bad luck". I was bitten so hard for so long that I'm more than twice-shy. Mind you, had I entered the game today, I'd probably have been more than happy with a Helix rack... provided I hadn't heard the Kemper.

He doesn't actually specifically say that he's going to use the modelling side, but that it's an option and is there, if needed. I fully expect him to use it for FX, control and routing. No more, no less. But what the heck, the earth will keep turning if he decides to flog his Suhr and CAE amps and just brings a Helix with him at the next show ;)

Now that makes sense to me, Sam. Seems my logical assumption was spot-on.

I've been waiting for this. For some reason I anticipated that he'd like the unit if he got to try one. I honestly don't know where the feeling came from; just a fluke I s'pose.

That said, the fact that this has actually happened has made my week. As others have noted, it's obvious what a nice, enthusiastic, talented, passionate, musical, articulate, sensitive and funny character he is. Always loved what he does, and the fact that he loves Japan (Japanese wife too?) appeals greatly to me too as I love all things Japanese.

Now he loves his KPA too. I think I'd better book a room now... :D

Guys, the last post in the thread was 8 months ago, so I'm guessing it's been sorted by now.

Still, hopefully your efforts won't go to waste, especially yours, Sarge!

Good advice on the A&H mixer. Always been a huge fan of their small-format boards, and it's obviously not just the EQ. Quiet, natural and transparent are words that come to mind, and built like the proverbial.