Posts by Monkey_Man

OhG, please forgive the assumption, but I reckon you haven't read the "ReadMe" files; there's one contained within and specific to each session (phase).

Read them. Follow the "story". Based on what you learn, you'll be able to make judgements on which sets might be appropriate for your needs. This'll be a whole lot quicker and easier than the alternative to this which would be to read the entire thread.

The other approach might be to "needle-drop" each set - try a few samples from each folder beginning with phase 1 and decide which session/s may be right for you. My suggestion for making this easy:

As you progress through the phases (needle-drop-style), drag the ones you like (something from every phase if you can) to a separate folder (command-drag so you're making copies in order to leave the originals intact). You'll then be able to run through the entire sequence quickly enough to facilitate comparative judgements, which, let's face it, is what you want.

I won't say I hope this helps, 'cause I'm counting on it. I feel your pain. They're sitting in RM waiting for me to get started on this too.

I requested wrap-around functionality for all lists 6 months ago. I included suggestions, including up / down / left / right-button combinations for operations such as skipping to the beginning and end of lists.

I don't have a link to the thread, but IIRC it may have been one of those occasions where Skoczy and I nutted out specifics in a non-epic-but-epicly-boring exchange.

I say this only to illustrate the firm probability that the Kemper Team™ is aware of this request. This thread will therefore serve as a reminder to them, and in this regard it would be helpful if:

1) We provided a link to the thread I mentioned; hopefully someone will have one. My money's on Skoczy.
    2) We "Liked" the OP in order to flag this for our beloved Kemper Team™.

Welcome, Justice!

Great to hear your switching-camps thoughts. Please feel more than free to expound on the experience as you go; I for one love to read this stuff.

Hang on while I reach for my Kemper Team™ hat... channelling commencing:

A meter simply isn't necessary:

1) For the input, unless you're clipping, which is (a) extremely hard to achieve, (b) super-obvious to hear and (c) turns the input LED obviously-red, you're good to go.
    2) If the output clips you'll send lil' kids cryin' for their mamas it's so obvious, and the output LED will turn red; otherwise you'll be good to go.

The Kemper's internal processing is designed to maintain maximum dynamic range, so audio-engineering types and propellorheads alike can rejoice at being able to take a hiatus from their respective modus operandi. Remove the unnecessary hat, pop it in the wash and it'll be ready for use with all your other gear.

OP, to make patches "more consistent", use the Volume knob; that's what it's for. Don't worry about stomp and FX-slot levels; the dynamic range maintained within the processing blocks of the unit is huge and can handle pretty much anything you're likely to throw at it.

Just reload the page before posting if you get that message. Problem solved.

I often keep a tonne of pages-in-waiting in my dock. I've learned to reload them as soon as I click on them to bring them into full view.

As far as the four-week logged-in thing goes, it's rare that I have to log in. Don't think I've had to do it this year yet. It comes up once in a while, but IME I get way more than four weeks out of it.

since the Kemper came, My tone has been 100% consistent every time,,, every gig,,, every practice,,,every session, I get way more studio calls now that I bring 300+ amps to the studio, I can carry way more guitars,,to sessions,For the first time in my life,( I am 62,) I have sound men coming up to me and saying" What the hell are you playing through? It sounds fantastic, I can get you way up in the mix without hurting anyone,, You can TURN UP a Little"ARE you KIDDING ME, no sound man has ever asked me to turn up,,,,I just smile and say,,,, Kemper.... Thank you Mr. Kemper,,

Awesome, unclemar!

As I always say, I love these stories.

This is the BEST money I have EVER spent on GEAR PERIOD,

Same here.

Not only did I post this in another thread today, but I also told my lil' brother "Fingers" this over the 'phone a couple of hours later.

So, that's three times I've said this... only today. Can't praise it enough. It's that simple.

Hey Webb, if you can afford it, pop the Opals on your list too man.

Can't say enough good things about 'em. They're over-engineered to the max, neutral-sounding and yet still exciting to mix on. If you ever do EDM you'll find the bass accuracy and ridiculous headroom insanely wonderful too.

Interestingly, there's an output-level knob that goes from 1 to 5. Haven't gone past "1" yet and doubt I ever will. Ridiculous.

LOL

You saved my saying anything bad about him. He was a valuable member of the communist-titty before he defecated... I mean, defected. :D

I will pass on commenting that silly ape with headphones this time... ;)

Thanks man. I can use all the help I can get.

Love this community. Why is this planet so huge? Wouldn't it be perfect if we all were able to meet for few days once in a year and we could talk, play guitars, KPAs, drink beer....

Amen, Brother Peto! :thumbup:

What is interesting is that the problem I have is not captured by the profiling ! So the obtained profiles don't have the problem

Yup. That's one of the beautiful things about the Kemper.

I think it was Ace from Skunk Anansie, amongst others, who said that a cherished old, failing and unreliable amp of his was captured perfectly, which in effect brought it back to life.

Isn't that great?

Anyone interested by this first HULK pack ? Used as studio profiles, they are very good, but as Direct amp, I am not sure they are top notch as i can't test them...

I'm sure interested, as I'm sure many others would be too, Gerald.

Studio Profiles are all I use too.

3.22 are you kidding all the KPA owners that have patienty waited while being told one fairy tail after another that good things were coming? Its been waaaay too long boys...
    I think a lot of us are ready to jump ship as your continous lies are getting old.
    Burkhard is a programmer that can't it right.
    Kemper find one that does soon or you will find yourself without any customers.
    If anyone reading this is a little pissed about the lack of firmware stabibility and features now's the time to chime in.
    This in a word Bloooows!

I'm calling troll on this one.

Harsh? Not compared to that post.

EDIT: Perhaps "troll" isn't quite the word. The post is blatantly, and desperately IMHO, trying to tear Kemper down. This smacks of a plant in this case.

Harsh, or a realistic impression based upon the post?

A-ha! Now that makes sense. I thought it was French 'cause of the "f".

That sounds right now, given the Afrikaans grounding I mentioned.

Lol! You guys!

Incidentally, the VIC-20 was my very first computer, inherited from the brother of a mate of my mum's who'd upgraded to C64... :)

Proof you're just a spring chicken, Sammy. ;)

Indeed Anthony!

It's totally rekindled my interest in guitar, which had waned due to the decades trying to get my hands on one (non-FL) that stayed in tune, waiting for custom axes that fell through and also for L6 repairs which take forever Down Under. I was all but fully over the whole guitar thing... until the Kemper entered the fray.

For this, and so many other reasons (learning about amp models for example), this thing is the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned, and is easily the best gear purchase I've ever made. As you'd know, usually the initial excitement and interest wanes before too long with new gear, and one tends, at that point, to start experiencing relapses of GAS. Not in this case. Just as it is in a perfect relationship, my love for my unit (the Kemper, all you dirty-minded Kemperites!) grows stronger every day.

Something's amiss here by the sound of it.

The factory rigs just aren't that bad. Sure, relative to some commercial and RE profiles many of them may be inferior, but that's only in comparison with "total awesomeness". There's plenty of variety in the factory set so the fact that you were hearing Boss Metal Zone-style character in all the high-gain rigs screams to me that something is wrong.

Trust me, even the "bad" rigs in the factory set are a step up in playability and tonal variation (in terms of the Rigs on offer) from the typical modellers out there.

I'd definitely start with a full reset and reloading of the factories from the System menu.