Posts by Monkey_Man

Fully understand your request, Berry.

The POD X3 (Pro) unit I'm selling offers 8 channels via USB - 2 sets of stereo for the dual-path processing, DI and so on.

The thing is, if you consider the sound coming out of the Kemper's DAs as your awesome, perfect source, which it is, this puts you in a position no different from one where you've miked up your rig... if it were a good one... in a good studio... with a good mic and preamp.

In this context, it's not a bad starting point, is it? Some good AD converters are all you'll need, and you'd require them for any mic or line sources anyway.

Welcome, Henry.

Man, those guitars just make me wanna buy a real one sooner than the... uugghh... few more years I'll have to wait. Obviously, I don't consider the L6 ones real. You know what I mean.

Enjoy your new-fangled rig, man. Woohoo!

Now that my L6 stuff's walking out the door (I refused to profile it as a matter of principle, assuming I'd get much better on / for the Kemper), it seems profiles for bass are, well, thin on the ground.

One classy, comprehensive pro pack's all we should need, really, so... c'mon... somebody... pretty please?

Thank you for making it so easy to demo by downloading the free pack with a single click, Jimi. I very much appreciate this.

This is in stark contrast to another site's request for my birthday (on top of all the other info), simply to download a free 4-year-old pack... of IRs. Ridiculous.

Interesting to see that you offer a reasonably-priced "all-in-one" pack, Jimi. Good stuff, mate!

Unfortunately that field was the proverbial straw and simply beyond the pale for me, so I've missed out.

I fail to understand why it should (it isn't) be necessary to give someone your birthday for something like this, and indeed, for almost any reason, really. In fact, I see it as an abuse of privilege and goodwill. If it were me, I'd feel bad enough asking for the other info, let alone that.

There. I got that off my chest. Sorry. Carry on...

Sneaky bugger!

Hey, those numbers look pretty good to me, Jayson.

You must be as happy as a pig in gravy... OK, maybe mud, but gravy's on the cards, no?

Awesome! Congratulations on your anniversary and all the fine work you've done, Andy.

Mate, I've only had my Kemper for 2 weeks and already I have the classic modern-day problem of having too many choices (8000 profiles all up, I think). With this in mind, I tried to figure out what it would cost to purchase all your profiles in one go, 'cause I figure if I could grab the M.Britt packs and yours I'll be able to wipe everything else and "limit" my choices to "just" yours and his.

I know it sounds like overkill, but I'll be doin' a huge variety of original pop music and would just like to know that I have all bases covered. Good metal tones might be the only shortcoming, it seems, if only because there's comparatively little on offer between the two of you, but if your profiles do the job, all the better. So much for guitar. For bass, I certainly feel short-changed and realise now how spoiled I was with the POD X3 Pro and Bass PODxt, so I live in the hope that you and / or Michael will release a half-decent collection/s of classy profiles that'll nip this in the bud too.

I'm actually very poor (no car, no-entertainment, no-life, starving musician, as they say), and as I said, I tried to figure out what all your profiles would cost, but got very confused between the bundles and packs; I couldn't figure out all the overlaps, for example. I saw no mention anywhere of an "all-in-one" bundle, so figured I'd just ask you here. I'm sorry if this isn't the place to do so. I haven't mentioned the fact that I almost fainted when I saw the prices, so I won't. Suffice it to say that I read from many sources that commercial profiles were "cheap". I can only assume the reviewers and Kemper were talking about individual ones, in retrospect, something that's not an option for me given the task I'm faced with of completing 220+ funk, rock, metal and jazz-infused pop projects. It's a mish-mash, so I feel my palette should reflect this. I've ditched thousands of L6 presets (and the gear) that took many years to programme, so there's a gaping hole there. Once said hole is filled, that'll be it, given that I spent many more years programming thousands of synth sounds prior to this. So you see, the final step, its breadth, depth and quality really depend upon the sort of deal I'm able to receive from you, Sir Andy!

Any feedback is very much appreciated, mate, and thank you in advance, with much love from Down Under!
    Nicky

That figure should come down as the drivers become refined over time, jayson, IMHO.

I've been researching the AVB system for my 2012 Mac for almost a year now and can't wait to replace my 3 x 24I/O system with a 16A and 2 24Ai units. I'll have to sell some synths to make the system fit into the 64i / 64o USB2 limit, so that's a bit of a bummer as I don't have Thunderbolt.

Just learned yesterday that one could use a PCIe gigabit ethernet card for 128i / 128o, just like Thunderbolt. I'm reluctant to take that plunge 'though 'cause not many folks have gone this route yet; it's early days, after all.

It's fantastic that MOTU's been working so closely with its customers to refine and enhance the drivers and functionality of the AVB line. Very impressive, and I'd expect no less from the company whose basket I placed all my audio & MIDI I/O, as well as DAW, eggs into when I switched from ATARI to Mac 16 years ago. The AVB thing is more-or-less cutting-edge, so you'd expect hiccups and unanticipated issues, but as the following thread illustrates, MOTU's been bending over backwards to ensure it's a rock-solid and attractive platform:

https://www.gearslutz.com/boar…hunderbolt-interface.html

Yup, the "stock" wahs sound so smooth and classy; they're way more than "good enough" for me.

Owned every POD since 1.0, and even on the HD500 the wahs sounded knarly and harsh to me... and I mean, really, really harsh and "grainy".

It's like night and day, really.

I've had some issues as well.

I think overall the system response/s to the USB-stick slot can be described as "sluggish". With this in mind, sometimes a little patience is the answer - always wait just that little bit longer than you might have otherwise before assuming nothing's going to happen and removing the stick.

If, on top of prematurely removing the stick, you then plug it in again only to find that the OS seems to still not be responding, should it be a surprise? Again, w-a-i-t.

Just my two bob's worth based on my early experiences. YMMV.
    Nicky

Quickest, easiest method, bro':

Delete "all except favourites" (assuming you haven't set any faves yet). This'll hopefully clear all your presets, i.e., empty the unit.

In the System menu, you can load all the 3.0 factories back into memory in one go; there'll be 337, I think.

Duplicates, be gone!

Same here, RynoRiffs.

My FBV Shortboard is still brand new and not worth much second-hand. The fact that I haven't even used it once in 7 years or more speaks volumes for all the L6 processing gear I had.

I very much hope something can be done for the FBV. The single ethernet-cable hookup would be just like the Kemper's floorboard - Awesome!

C'mon, someone, please!
    Nicky