Posts by Sarasin

I just had a gig Saturday with the Kemper and it was stellar!

Everyone thought my guitar sounded great. I use a clean tone mostly and some light gain. I use a Matrix CFR12 cab, Kemper remote, Mission EP1-KP. During sound check, I looped my guitar so I could stand in the audience listening to levels and adjusted the PA levels for everyone else.

Everything is so easy to set up, Kemper sat on top of an old piano that was on stage, connected power, plugged in cab, the remote, mission plugs into remote. Done!

I have a long experience with loopers, having owned Boss' flagship unit for a while and still own a JamMan delay.
    This is not a looper like the Boss or JamMan line where you can fire pre- recorded loops or even songs or parts of songs (like my JamMan delay).
    But it is a WYSIWIG unit that integrates seamlessly.
    It will be perfect to enrich any musical context on the fly and as such 30 seconds is more than enough believe me.

Igolf,

have you ever used the infinity looper from pigtronix?

Wow!

This is such a cool feature.. I keep finding more things I love about the functionality of the Kemper.
    I was hooking up two cables to my Mission to turn the wah on and off and thought about adding another pedal for volume.

Thanks for this tip. Outstanding.

Holy smokes, I just accidentally found out if your volume pedal is in the heel position, it mutes and goes into tuner mode. I know some of you know this but im a newbie, what can i say.

I recently just started using Rig Manager and got the error msg that I had corrupt rigs.

The fix is to power down the Kemper, power it back up in Browse mode while holding the Rig button. This goes thru and checks all your files...etc.

So after a while it boots up and the Rig named "Crunch" appears. Made by Kemper.

I browse around and don't see it. I also try to save it to Favorites.

It has disappeared. Does anyone have info on this Rig?

Sounded really nice I would like to use it.

Thanks

I think with the advances in home recording technology available to the average person. Studio's are a somewhat dying industry. If I were an owner of a studio and someone wanted to spend money for my services I would be foolish to turn down the money for studio time.

If you have a great collection of amps, it may be a great way to capture your amplifier, using the experienced skills of an engineer and also the benefit of high quality mic's, mic pre's and other studio gear at your disposal.

I would also look at what kind of amps they have as well, you may find a really nice studio with some great vintage amps, profile theirs and yours. -Two birds with one stone.

Seriously Ben,

I'm looking forward to following this thread after you've spent some time with your Kemper and see how you feel down the road.

Keep us updated.

I love my QSC K12's. Any FRFR will sound decent if you take the time twaeking your patches to work with what you have for speakers.

Playing a gig today and I'm using the K12. Usually I use my Martix cab but I'm going to try using the QSC.
    I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

Thanks, man! :) That's what I'm afraid of though I don't think it'll happen. Nothing's like turning big knobs on a real tube beast... 8) I'm really looking forward to make som cool profiles myself. I don't think there are any made of the Orange Custom Shop 50 and/or the OR100.

My main amp for years was a 60s Blackface Vibrolux. I had two and a 60s Deluxe Reverb. I thought I would never sell them, after profiling them now I do miss them but yes they are gone.

I've kept my Deluxe Reverb, you have to hang onto at least one good tube amp, just because. :D