Kemper User World Convention - Brainstorming Session I

• I liked the concept of this, mentioned in another thread.

So, if there WAS to be a Kemper user world Convention:

1) What should it be called?
    2) Where should it be held in the world?
    3) Why there?
    4) What Kemper merchandise would you like to see/buy?
    5) Events?

I'm sure someone will ask me, so I'll go first:

1) World Of Only Kemper-Ites Expose (so it spells WOOKIE)
    2) Budapest
    3) Because I haven't been there and hear the beer is pretty affordable (plus good architecture & nice people)
    4) T-Shirts, Glowing USB Memory Sticks, Kemper Template Face Panels
    5) Kemper Bands, Tutorials on Profiling, Kemper Cheerleader Squad Performance, Kemper Bar (green drinks!), Kemper Celebrity Signature Hour

• Ok, my turn.

1. Kemper camp (ok this is a bit lame) ;)
    2. Germany, Ruhr area of course, home of the mighty Kemper.
    3. Let's get together in one of the many now deserted coal mines 3000 feet under and make some noise.
    4. Everything from T- Shirts to any imaginable gadget.
    5. 100% agreement with @db9091.

• 1 Prophilers Anonymous
    2 Copenhagen (cos I live there, yo!)
    3 see above
    4 Reinforced Kemper keks, for when you nail that brown sound
    5 The Spring Reverb Challenge. The person that dials in the most convincing emulation using current firmware wins a green Slinky.

• Ok, these are good choices, but I was heavily factoring in BEER prices:

Average Pint:
    Hungary: 1.2 Euro 2.0 Kroners
    Germany: 2.5 Euro 18.6 Kroners
    Denmark: 5.5 Euro 41.0 Kroners

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• 1) Kamp Kemper (more alliteration and variation on a theme I guess...)
    2) I'd like to see a Summer/Winter or Spring/Fall alternate with a U.S. or North American location so I don't have to fly to Europe and my European friends don't have to fly to North America.
    3) See above
    4) I'm a sucker for trade booth swag including stress balls and tshirts, but maybe random usb sticks with elite boutique profiles that aren't available through normal channels would be fun.
    5) Hands-on profiling workshops, sound re-inforcement vendor workshops, DAW workshops, etc. Oh, and the usual trade show booth eye-candy lady models to ogle at.

• 1) KISS (Kemperists International Secret Society);
    2) Puglia (Southern Italy)
    3) Because I live here, because of the seaside, cheap beer (one 33cl Peroni for 1 euro) and great food;
    4) Secret profiles and Uber-secret T Shirts;
    5) Gigging, drinking and eating 24h a day.

• 1, Kemper International Customers Keeping Amp Sounds Secure/Safe, or Kickass for short (you could also do Kemper Initiates Can Keep Always Sounding Sweet etc).
    2. San Francisco
    3. Because while the restaurants there suck I live nearby and it's California and it's Sunny and we can all head down to southern Cali afterwards to catch the surf.
    4. Kemper Bumper Stickers of course! And Kemper DI box.
    5. Micing techniques, studio tips and tricks with the Kemper. Jam sessions! General guitar techniques. Generally just having a good time and networking!

• 1) What should it be called? Hm... Profile Pilots' (Panty) Party? Kempermania? But some good ideas alreday above.
    2) Where should it be held in the world? Germany,
    3) Why there? Just to make it easier for the Company. And it's somehwat in the middle as we're from all over the world. Well yes, then again it's a ball...^^
    4) What Kemper merchandise would you like to see/buy? Anything is appreciated, but I think picks haven't been mentioned yet? Tortex please, 1.4, KPA green. Buttons?
    5) Events? Same as the others: Workshops and Live events of course. Maybe an open stage?

Anyway: Great idea!

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited once, last by Fireloogie ().

• I was going to suggest a tropical island not just for the weather, but also 'cause it would level the playing field somewhat as far as travel expenses are concerned.

However, it's hard to go past Ingolf's suggestion. It'd be a pilgrimage of sorts, and the true home must therefore be the destination.

Let's face it, as long as there's beer everyone'd be happy.

Unfortunately I doubt the trip will be possible for me as it's taken 30 years just to buy the gear to make music, and I'm not even quite done yet. Such is the price one can pay for going too hard too young; long-term illness isn't a party, after all.

That said, wherever it may be, if it happens, you can bet I'll be there in spirit, attempting to vicariously enjoy myself as an unashamed Kemper Fan Boi of the highest order.

• The only reason I like Ingolf's suggestion is that I can have him take me around to some nice beer houses and possibly crash next to his CLR, haha.

(Wake-up-call is: You Really Got Me)

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is starting to sound like a really fun plan. It's just a little sad that every possible location will inevitably exclude a number of people due to distance and travel costs...

Maybe a couple of laptops running Skype could allow people who can't make it to join in the party?