Posts by MCVA444

Sweet ....Thanks ! what was the profiling setup ? as in Mic etc...

Cheers. All the details are contained within the profile information. I took separate profiles using my sm58 and md421. Settings varied, but I made sure not to change them when profiling the same tone with each Mic. I mostly used ac/dc's exact settings, and just varied the amount of gain. The two 'balls' profiles are with all the eq knobs dimed. The clean profiles were dialled in to taste.

Hey guys, I've uploaded some profiles of my 1977 Marshall JMP 2104 50W master volume 2x12 combo. It's a great example of this type of amp, as it has recently been completely restored inside and out. Check the profiles out on rig manager.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hehe, have you tried going through the SPDIF before? I think it tested for a difference by recording and directly comparing. It could have been a dodgy cable I suppose. I could record another clip if you're that worried mate, didn't mean to startle you!

Welcome, Steve!

I realise you're hoping to continue to use SPDIF, but if you have any spare analogue ins, I'd just use them mate.

There is zero practical, real-world difference between the two IMHO; the Kemper's analogue outs are superb.

I have to say, I found there to be quite a big difference between the SPDIF vs analog outs. There seemed to be a lot more top end when staying digital. And that's not me just trying to be your classic audiofile cynic, believe me. I would be perfectly happy just using the analog outs as then I'd be able to use my Apogee Quartet the whole time :(

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah that's what I thought. I've tried both and while the strobe tune is much better, I still find myself preferring the Korg pitchblack + tuner display. Also, the accuracy on that thing is amazing. I believe it's to within +1/-1 cent accuracy. Do you know the accuracy of the Kemper tuner? If it's the same then I'll try and get used to using it :)

Hi guys/gals(are there any on here?),

At the risk of sounding like a noob, I was just wondering if there is any way you connect an external tuner directly to the Kemper remote to track the signal and tune? I understand the inputs are for expression/volume pedals, but I'd like to use my Korg tuner(which I prefer to use instead of the Kemper tuner) without having to connect a lead from one of the outputs on the Kemper unit. Obviously it would be easier to have a patch cable going from the remote to my tuner which sit side by side on the floor.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share some riffage from a recording session for my band. The mix is completely raw. I'm using some kemper profiles by Tonehammer.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers.

Thanks! I think the reason might sound 3D could be because I use 3 or 4 mics with different speakers which are housed in the same cabinet.I did this because I got tired of changing cabinets every time I wanted to use a different speaker. I blend the mics which are all plugged into Chandler Limited TG 2's and SSL eq's and compressors, then I mix them with my SSL XRack mixer from my patch bay to the Kemper. I get the mics in phase by recording a tight staccato chord and make sure that the beginning of the waveform from each mic lined up by moving the mics backwards or forwards. You can get many different tones by blending different speakers. I keep my cabinet mic'd at all times for consistency. I'm going to post more profiles with each speaker by itself and then a combination so people can hear the difference. A bunch will be from my Recto and also profiles that sound(hopefully) close to VH tones.

Out of curiosity, what kind of EQ'ing and compression are you applying to the mic signal before you profile the amp?

Ahh okay. I'll see how I go. I had similar trouble profiling my dual rectifier rack setup (recto preamp with a 2:100 poweramp). The profiler kept coming up with a really flubby bass that sounded like it was clipping. It's surprising because there are lots of free and commercial profiles of the Dual Rec out there which sound great. I've posted about it in another thread. Going to try and have a go at that again as well.

I'll try to make merged profiles, especially seeing as I have these awesome speakers in my cabinet now. The Mark III it has the slave output (which you told me about) which means creating merged profiles will be very easy! I'm going to try the fredman technique for mic'ing, have you heard of it? It sounds pretty interesting. You need two SM57 mics for it.

Couldn't resist the temptation so I recorded a quick clip.

The backing track is from the master recordings (minus Petrucci's guitar parts) which can be found on youtube. I used Djemass' 'JP - AWAKERHYTHM' profile for the rhythm tracks (one either side), and a profile from sinmix's Mark V pack for the lead part.