Posts by Morph

I understand yes, was just out of curiosity, i have had the kemper for quite a while but have only ever used it with my monitors, just finding out more about how it all works. Thanks.

It’s never a bad idea to book a rehearsal room for an hour and explore the options. Standard issue as stated by Wheresthedug is main to FOH and monitor for yourself. They’re completely independent and you can take FOH off the master volume so you can tweak your own level separately

This works really well. I like it a lot after only one fenderish profile 😀. I did spend a minute thinking about all the ridiculously expensive pedals I didn’t have to buy since 2015 when I got this. Really quite remarkable.

Did it let you select inputs and outputs from the Profiler and/or your main interface in the DAW without creating an aggregate device?

Yup. Just shows up as profiler in Logic. I’d need an aggregate to use it with the Apollo I think but as I had my MacBook with me, I thought I’d give the USB a shot on its own. A piece of unlooked for advice, take the monitoring volume down a bit if you’re using in ears to listen. It’s basically my gig kit with the MacBook.

It just plugged into the mac and showed up in Logic as profiler 1@2. No latency with direct monitoring. No need for aggregates.

warts an all

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welcome, you seem much less impulsive than me, I just started gigging with it straight away, but you’re definitely doing it right. On an fx note, two personal favourites are crystal church delays and natural cave reverb. Enjoy man

1. very stable and straightforward last time I tried a couple of days ago. Mute input track and monitor direct. I use a Mac and Logic

2. I understand that there are two inland outs on the head and rack and 8 on the stage, but I would stand to be corrected.

3. RM is stable but occasionally has to be re started in my mac if the mac goes to sleep. It is not an issue for me when I’m recording as the Mac stays on.

4. Don’t know.

I was staying at a friends and had my interface Kemper and Max but decided to give the USB recording a shot instead. It worked flawlessly.

In my opinion the Kemper cabinets on studio profiles have always sounded better than IRs.

But there's so much talk about using IRs to save the Helix tones and other modellers using IRs that Kemper users got caught up in the IR hype.

Just my opinion! 🙂

I use IR changes to get a better tone sometimes. It’s definitely a suck and see thing because I have no idea what speakers produce what tones so I just experiment. I’ve got closer to the tones I want doing this.

Great! 8) .. and the manual says:

"Activate “Direct Monitoring” if you prefer to monitor the PROFILER output signal without the latency of the DAW. In this case, mute the active track while recording in the DAW to avoid monitoring the signal twice."

.. but where and how to "Activate “Direct Monitoring” ? .. do you mean: "Activate “Direct Monitoring in your DAW" ? .. and if so.. how to do that in i Studio One? :/

Thank you in advance :)

In Logic, you simply mute the track that is record enabled. I did all of this yesterday and it worked really well. As stated, the Kemper direct monitoring is auto enabled and easy to find in the USB section of the output menu, page 7 on the kemper

That "cheesy" connection has worked for 8 years with no issue for me.

After 8 years, my Kemper port failed and had to be replaced.

I now have it in a PoE, via a patch panel now with Ethercon. Sounds like you have the same problem and I would suggest checking the Kemper port and you will probably find it's loose/damaged as its light alloy.

Where did you get the mods done?

I still recommend Spdif, if you play into your interface plugged into your monitors it should be fine. As far as clocking goes, just make sure you se the interface to clock from Spdif. If you have a sequencer as well, the project clock should match your spdif clock. Anyhoo, good luck with it man

I run my main outputs with the -12db button engaged and an extra -6db of gain reduction on the main output level and use XLR-XLR to FOH. The main outputs are very hot into a mic preamp. If the 8i6 has SPDIF, its always worth giving that a go, the levels usually match up pretty well.

I’m just going to recommend the UA Apollo, versatile and spectacular plugins. It does however feature your capitalised deal breaker, an optical spdif. To be fair, I got a cheap adapter from Amazon which just works, I came to it from a 6i6. Haven’t tried the others but this far surpassed my expectations.