Posts by pat6969

So, a bit of an update. Got home from work today after a 3 week out of town stretch, dug out the Truetone CS6, current doubler off the 2 500mA outputs, bam, powers up every time without issue. Best of all, the horrible headphone buzz is gone.

I also received the 25000mAH battery today, so thought I’d try that as well. Perfect! Powers up and no headphone buzz. Played for about an hour and it used up 5%, so I’d imagine you’d get roughly 20 or so hours from one charge, with just the player.

Anyway, cheers and hope this helps others.

this is unfortunately the reality. hum/buzz/noise is a very YMMV situation. what works on paper doesn't always work in your environment. over the last 25 years, i've had things be noisy when they should not have been and i've had things be quiet when they should not have been. it's maddening. but you have to try solutions with your gear with your setup in the places you play. hopefully, what should work works for you.

thankfully, i have had no noise issues with my Player so i just enjoying this moment in time. :D

I'm certain the ground loop noise is coming due to the ungrounded power supply (or so I've read). Just wanted some confirmation from guys who have eliminated it with a grounded power supply or a battery bank before I drop money on more gear.

I've read multiple guys are using the Sol and it works fine, but that wasn't really the guts of my initial post. I was looking for someone that uses a grounded pedalboard power supply, or a battery power supply, and if that has eliminated the buzz through the headphone out (when using the supplied wall wart). I guess you misunderstood what information I was looking for. All good though, I'll try a couple things for myself, though I hate wasting money when someone could just verify results.

All facts I'm aware of, but still doesn't tell me if it eliminates the buzz. For giggles, lets say I pony up for a DC7 and a Crux, that's 2000ma of power through a grounded pedal power supply. Will it eliminate the buzz? Or say I buy the 9V 25000mAH battery from Mission Engineering, plenty of power and longevity, will that eliminate the buzz?

found a cheap solution, this is an external grounded power supply that avoids the hum

47 euro at Thomann

Mooer Power Adapter for GE300

I saw that in another thread, my question is more about using a battery or isolated power supply, like the Cioks SOL, and if they elimiate the buzz.

Did a search but nothing specific came up.

I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that people are having issues with headphone noise in the Player. I have that annoying ground loop noise as well. I understand it's because of the ungrounded power supply, and the noise is non-existent when hooked to a grounded device, like a monitor or grounded laptop. My problem is I use a Microsoft Surface which also uses an ungrounded power supply, so the noise is always present.

My question is for those using an isolated power supply, or battery bank, do you still get the noise in headphones or does the grounded power supply, or lack of in the case of a battery, eliminate the ground noise?

This is absolutely perfect for me, just bought one, should be here later this week!!

All I used my big Kemper for was a couple good amp tones and 2-3 effects. Done, Player is perfect.

I did a little test with my HX Stomp before buying the player to see if the lack of screen would be an issue. In the last two weeks, I haven't edited the Stomp once with the on board screen, always the editor. Boom, lack of screen = non issue.

While it's not for everyone, it's for me and I'm stoked to finally have a small Kemper I can take everywhere without fuss.

Update here on my side
    OneSpot CS6 using a doubler on the 500ma -booted 2 times out of 20
    Palmer PWT 6 IEC - only worked if nothing else was plugged. when I plugged the current measurer or anything on the USB of Kemper, it wouldn't boot.
    Mosky ISO 10 - worked flawlessly, even with only one of the high current outputs. See attached of 12V with a doubler show the current measure, I also connected my phone to the Kemper (that added 180ma at 12V), and plugged a Tonex, Mooer Preamp, Walrus Delay and two overdrive pedals in the Mosky ISO 10. Everything worked just fine! That Mosky power supply is only $60 and fully isolated.

That's surprising about the CS6. I would have thought it would power it without issue.

Hi pat6969

Where in Canada? Did I see your ad on CL in BC? If it was, then you're probably less than 90 min away from me.

Haven't figured out how to send a direct of private message through this community. If you have, please drop me a note with a phone # or text # and we can talk.

messaged you.

Looking to sell my excellent condition Powerhead with remote. Looking to stay within Canada for now due to shipping challenges. May trade for something of equal new value.

$2600 + shipping

You never realize quite how brilliant the kemper is until you profile something yourself. That’s the only time you get to do a direct comparison. And the only time you get the chance to realize that there is no comparison. I laugh to myself every time I hear someone say their axefx(insert any other modeler here) sounds more amp like. Without having exactly the amp modeled next to their axefx. It’s complete nonsense.

This is where I realized how good the Kemper is. I made some direct profiles of my Silver Jubilee and I seriously couldn’t tell the difference. It was simply amazing. When using the Axe I was always wondering how close the model was to the real thing, when I profiled for myself with the Kemper, I knew it was spot on.

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one. Is anyone using this with an expression pedal for a whammy effect 0-Plus24? Does it track up precisely 2 octaves? I saw a video where it stopped at value 125 thus not reaching the full 2 octaves up effect. My expression pedal is a Dunlop DVP-4 if that is needed into. Thanks.

I haven’t tried that but you should be able to do it like any other profile. Guitar into Kemper, Kemper into RP7 in, RP7 out back into Kemper. I think you’d just have to make sure it’s instrument level out from the RP back into the Kemper. I’m sure others would probably know better, I’ve seen many Helix and Axe profiles on rig exchange.