Posts by pat6969

Thanks Guido!

All Guido's Profiles are now Merged and have been since and including the Bogner XTC of January 2017, so that's 46 amp packs.

It's his new way of doing things and I'm sure he sees no reason to change this, Pat. ;)

I figured that by being on his site, I was more asking if he was doing any new amps. Also he has a couple old ones that aren’t merged, like the Mesa RA and Bogner Shive, was asking if he plans to do those in a merged pack.;)

Do you have any plans to do more merged amp profiles? I’ve bought a lot of your merged amp packs and they are sooooooo good!! I’d love for you to do a BE100, Butterslax, 1987x, Tucana, MarkIIC+, and some of you older studio pack amps, like the Electrdyne.

By the way, your Cameron merged profiles are my favourite profiles of all time! So good!

Regardless of what they say the speaker stock speaker still needs to be crossed over, this is accomplished with passively or actively, the amp itself is full range. Open it up and see where the crossover is, whether it’s passive (capacitors and couls) or built into the amp module.

Anyone have any idea if the speaker is anything special with regards to the imprints? I know it will work well in an “FRFR” application as it has a whizzer cone but I’m finding that the imprints work excellent with the V30 speaker in my Mesa 112. Just throwing this out there as I’ve owned a lot of these speakers and the imprints take on their characteristics exceptionally well even with the V30. It’s actually pretty damn cool.

I couldn’t find a topic like this so thought I’d start one as I’m interested in direct profiles. Post your favourites, exchange or commercial.

Mine so far is the Tone Junkie Dirty Surly pack. These are so good! Touch sensitivity is better than anything I’ve tried and they react beautifully to the guitars volume knob. Only 6 direct profiles in the pack but they are so good I don’t need any more!

I couldn’t help myself and bought the Dirty Surely pack and the Scumback M75 pack to use with the direct profiles. This is what I’ve been searching for!!!!! 6 direct profiles that cover everything I’ll need from clean to mean and sound simply killer!! Can’t wait to pair them with the Scumbacks and try that through the PA!!

Don't worry about authenticity of the sound. As paults said, if it sounds good – it is good. In the end of the day the only thing you are looking for is the sound, and it doesn't matter what name was written on the box. Kemper gives you ability to capture the sound you like and adjust it to your needs and taste. So look at tone stack (and other knobs) not as "going further from authenticity", but as "going towards to what I like and what I need". With all that, don't be afraid to adjust profile settings, they are there to help you balance profile sound with guitar/cab/frfr/etc.

Good points. Thanks.

Could be that the (real) amp was tweaked until it sounded good with the used cab(s). And mics - sometime there is a certain sweet spot, but a little adjustment on the amp is needed.

The separation of amp part and cab is not "authentic" on most studio profiles. In your case there might be a coloration of the cab section baked into the amp part that you like.

So how much can you tweak the tone stack on a direct profile before you lose the authentic sound of the real amp profiled?

If it sounds good, it is good :)

Did you play a TC 50 combo, or head? If your home Cabinet is aimed more directly at your face than what you heard at the guitar store, it will likely sound very bright with Direct Amp Profiles. Normally, a conventional guitar cabinet is aimed closer to the player's knees or waist.

I played the combo and that makes sense. I’m thinking they maybe had the presence and treble turned really high when they profiled. I turned them down to -5 each and it sounds much better.