Posts by spk77

No internet connection in our "rehearsal place" - I'm forced to do it the old-fashioned way :) Also, 2.0.17 is crashing for me.
    I hope 2.0.19 will work. (It's not on the Kemper site yet)

Kemper team, could you please upload the 2.0.19 to the download section, thank you :)

I got it working :) (I still have to add the shortcut to the desktop manully, though)

I think I was using a wrong file when trying to make a shortcut to the desktop. That's why the Rig Manager didn't even start.
    This is the wrong file: "RigManagerIcon.exe" (It's inside "C:\Windows\Installer\..." -folder)

This worked for me:

• go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Kemper Amps\Rig Manager
    • select "Send to"
    • select "Desktop (create a shortcut)"

Something goes wrong when trying to make a fresh install of Rig Manager 2.0 beta 64-bit version. (KPA is not connected):

Windows 8.1 x64

Here's my debuglog.txt:

------------- session start 2017-01-20 21:43:05------------------
    V2.0.11.12783
    Windows x64 6.3
    UPM XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    Location added: Local Library
    Location added: Local Library
    !!!Exception!!!
    Tiedostoa tai kokoonpanoa RigPackControlLibrary, Version=2.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null tai jotakin sen riippuvuutta ei voi ladata. Määritettyä tiedostoa ei löydy.
    kohteessa ProfilerControlCenter.FormMain.InitializeComponent()
    kohteessa ProfilerControlCenter.FormMain..ctor(WinApp* app, list<Access::MetaCollection \*\,std::allocator<Access::MetaCollection \*> >* metaCollections, Collection* currentCollection)
    kohteessa Access.WinApp.OnApplicationMessage(WinApp* , UInt32 message, Int64 param1, Int64 param2)
    kohteessa Access.Application.WinProc(HWND__* hwnd, UInt32 msg, UInt64 wp, Int64 lp)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageA(MSG& msg)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    kohteessa Access.Application.Run(Application* , Int32 argc, SByte** argv)
    kohteessa WinMain(HINSTANCE__* hInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, SByte* lpCmdLine, Int32 nCmdShow)
    SoftwareUpdater XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    SoftwareUpdater XML parsing error 2: Line 1, Col 1: tag or eof expected, illegal character
    ------------------ closing application -------------------

Edit: Also, the shortcut icon has never appeared to the desktop when installing or updating the rig manager. I have always added it manually.

Generally speaking the act of sending MIDI commands back and fourth is the easy portion of the program. The difficult part is the work flow and back end architecture IME.

There's one problem - Kemper doesn't send MIDI data when turning the knobs on Kemper. (it sends MIDI data in debug mode, though. It seems that the data sending feature is coded but not "exposed")

There isn't a good way to make the editor work bi-directionally :(

Here's a test made with Ctrl:
    KPAEditor Community Project(vst, standalone, win, mac , linux ) - based on http://ctrlr.org/ .

Thanks for the reply!
    It would have been so useful feature...

Also, a recorder/looper option in Profiler mode would be nice. Something like this:

• "record option" for capturing a tiny clip of playing
    • "play/loop option" for playing back the captured clip
    • the recorded audio clip would automatically play "through" a reference profile when "Kemper Amp" is selected.
    • when "Reference Amp" is selected, it would play through the actual miced amp

Then it wouldn't be necessary to play and carry a guitar around when changing mic positions or tweaking the knobs :)

Awesome work spk77!! Will give it a try tomorrow night. What happened to Damian? Sorry for off topic but he was such a huge contributor to this endeavor. Never read any of his posts that were offensive or such.

Thanks! I'm also wondering what happened to Damian...

I think the most interesting part of Ctrlr panels is "parameter modulation".
    Ctrlr itself can be used as a vst(i):

Quote from fredrikn: “Quote from PhilUK84: “It works pretty well right now as far as I can tell.”
    But is the editor able to read the current rig setup FROM the KPA?”
    No - but it is possible to script pool on button desired parameters or use bidi…

Hi,
    I tested if it's possible to "sync" Kemper and a Ctrlr panel - it might be possible :). There's only two knobs at the moment (Gain and Bass).
    The topmost knob sets the time interval between parameter requests. (I don't know how well it would work if all the available parameters are requested from Kemper and assigned to Ctrlr gui elements.)

(I'm turning Gain and Bass -knobs on Kemper)KPA sync test.gif

As far as I know, Kemper doesn't send sysex messages when f.ex turning a knob on Kemper?