Posts by ColdFrixion

Well, for anything to be meaningful to the average individual who doesn't have exceptional personal skills at matching tone, the tool has to deliver without relying 90% on the individual's skill. This video doesn't mean very much to most AXE II users, who are unable to use tone match. If you don't believe check this out.

You originally wrote:

"Oh believe me the ingredients in the AXE II algorithms are definitely inferior, I've yet to hear anything from the Fractal Camp that remotely resembles the realism in this one of many Kemper clips. I know deadpan has great ears, but the AX8 will never ever sound like this because it doesn't have the ingredients (good enough algorithms to match the Kemper)"

The bottom line is, the Axe II's algorithms aren't inferior if you know what you're doing. Even if 90% of users didn't know how to program the thing, it wouldn't change that fact. What percentage of Kemper users can create profiles in the same league as Michael Wagener or Guido Birkenstock? It's independent of whether that level of quality is possible.

Sounds very nice.
    I signed up for the FX8 MANY months ago but never heard anything from them.
    Has it been released or what?

This is the Reason I got a Kemper. I got tired of waiting for Fractal to release their last unit. I waited many months and finally gave up.

The FX8 was released. It's just out of stock. Everything's out of stock except the cab packs and EV-1 expression pedal. I just happened to get lucky when I ordered the XL+ a few months ago. Thanks for listening, by the way.

Here's a short track I recorded earlier using a bevy of effects from an Axe FX II with an amp from the KPA. No double tracking and no post processing aside from balancing the levels in the mix. I normally use HR824's to mix but it's late and had to opt for a pair of HD280's.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh believe me the ingredients in the AXE II algorithms are definitely inferior, I've yet to hear anything from the Fractal Camp that remotely resembles the realism in this one of many Kemper clips. I know deadpan has great ears, but the AX8 will never ever sound like this because it doesn't have the ingredients (good enough algorithms to match the Kemper), again this a Bognar XTC and it's found in the AX8. You know very well that you or anyone cannot point me to anything remotely as good, Google the AXE II EURO BLUE MDRN (based on Bogner Ecstasy) and everything you will come up with will sound inferior to this.

The Kemper is awesome, no question. That's why I own one. I bought it specifically for the authenticity of its amps. It has all of the organic qualities you'd expect, and you don't have to tweak very much (or at all) to get a great tone. That said, I use the Axe in conjunction with the Kemper primarily for its effects and the result is outstanding. They are the perfect complement and a match made in heaven. Together, they're every bit as good as I imagined. The routing capabilities and advanced parameters of the Axe's effects are the perfect complement to the Kemper, and Axe-Edit's GUI makes routing and configuring effects beyond simple. There's no way I could achieve some of the sounds I'm pulling off with the Kemper alone.

My simple explanation to how they modeled their amps is other modeling companies simply used Paper schematics as no one can verify that these amps even existed as no one so them.

Can you verify I'm a real person and not some sort of artificial intelligence? After all, you haven't seen me.

Regarding kemper testing, there are too many professionals in countless video testing the accuracy in the profiling sessions

Which professionals and how did they test the accuracy thereof? Link please.

1- Kemper cannot buy the silence of so many professionals , not even governments or Mafia enforce can the silence of so many people if you add those who bought it when non claimed they couldn't profile their amps (KPA is accurately profiling a modeler, is practically the subject of this thread and Kemper Amps, didn't pay him any extra for his public testing, )

It's not clear to me what you're trying to say here.

2- I myself tested when I profiled my amp, on some profiles there was a slight difference in the low frequency that I usually manged to resolve with profiling to get identical results.

If anecdotal evidence is admissible, there's no shortage of people who will vouch for the accuracy of the Axe.

I also agree with your answer that there's no Bognar or JCM800 in the AXE II (o r any real amps for that matter) because schematics don't count as real.

You stated, "Just call the modeled amps something like they used to do a while back. amp 1, 2, 3 or clean, British, American, and give those some numbering schemes, but don't say Bognar XTC, JCM800 when you can't show these amps or demonstrate them."

If you knew they weren't labeling those amps Bogner, XTC, or JCM800 then why did you imply that they were?

Taken out of context, though. See from 41 seconds :

I wasn't disagreeing with you. If you look at the signal chain of the Axe in the link I posted(when he turns the unit on), there's no amp or cab block in the grid either. The chain is: compressor, drive, GEQ, pan, 2 filters(in parallel), flanger, filter, chorus(in parallel), rotary, and delay(in parallel). Undoubtedly a large part of his sound.

I'm not getting involved in the Fractal v Kemper debate (the only experience I have of a Fractal unit is an acquaintance's Axe FX Ultra, which sounds killer in his grindcore recordings), but Vai only uses the Axe for effects. As he is known for making use of fairly complex chains on occasion, this can only be a big complement as far as the quality of the effects of the Axe are concerned. He's obviously not ready to commit to modelled amp sounds though, as he still plays through two Carvin Legacy heads live.

Yep, though he did say the Axe is his whole rig live. Source

How many of those AXE users have compared it BY using the FULL kemper....
    i am talking ALL its features , short cuts , FEATURES and POWER.. (and vica versa)
    Beside the pro and con debate.
    Who has used the full power of the kemper, i think most if us have only scratched the surface.
    id like to see Axe users learn the full power and compare...THEN comment...

I can't speak for anyone else but I wasn't comparing the Kemper to the Axe.

Some are fine using digital amp gear that can give you great sound, not bothered by that it can't replicate their own amp rig. Some will prefer the gear that can replicate their own amp gear since they care a lot about authenticity and this is where the kemper shines. Some have no problem using either approach, including me. I can have fun with any gear I use, including Kemper, pods or Axe fx 2.

Why do you think Steve Vai uses the Axe if not to replicate his sound? Lots of guitarists do. That's Steve Vai's entire rig on tour. They're different modes of transportation that can ultimately take you to the same place. Obviously the Kemper is great at capturing a specific sound. The issue isn't whether either one can take you there, but which method you prefer. The Kemper is great because it's quick and gets the job done, but you'll need the actual amp unless you can find a profile that captures your sound. The Axe can get you there, but you're going to have to twist some knobs, thus it might take longer. I've heard some fairly crappy tones with the Axe, but then what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. Unlike the Kemper, there's a lot more variables to play with.