Posts by norburybrook

conversion rates from euros to pounds too. About two euros. Many buyers may be from Europe or the States, so we may be handing out some dough when you do the maths. That won't happen when using PayPal through a shop. Some credit cards also charge conversion rates. Anyway, no serious complaint here. I'll try the profiles today. I've never played a real Dumble, so I won't be able to judge how close they are to the real thing, but I have some Dumble or Dumble -clone profiles already, and I think both profiles and the real Dumbles can vary a lot. Not to mention the players being different. Carlton, Bonamassa etc sound all great but very different.

the profiling process is the thing that makes or breaks the end profile. Your mic choice, placement , blend etc are crucial. It's exactly the same as if you were recording the amp except you cant use distant room mics. You could take a great amp into a poor studio or with a poor engineer and you'll get a poor sounding result.

I will look into a shop/web site as I have 4 other amps in my collection I will eventually profile.

M

I've a feeling this charge is new as I hadn't had anyone comment before when I released the JM pack. To add a basic 'shop' to a web site costs about $15/month here in the UK on top of the usual costs. I'd paid up front for 3 years with iconosites only to find they went bust and lost my money and my site recently!!

M

I think even if I had time to set up a web site the shop side would probably use paypal anyway so there might still be the same issue.

I wasn't aware of a separate $3 currency charge until recently. Obviously I loose on my end as well as Paypal take a cut of the money you send as a charge to me unless it was friends and family but 99% didn't do it that way hence I stopped it this time.

At some point I need to get my web site back up and running and include a shop. I'm on the road at the moment touring and have had a busy year up to now so just haven't had the time. I thought it better to get the profiles out this was as it seemed to work fine for the JM pack, there was the odd bit of confusion but apart from no one using friends and family it worked :D

if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, as they say.

Marcus

Matts,

thankyou very much for your wonderful 'review' . Of course I don't mind, I couldn't have written it better myself. They are special amps and as you say unless you've played them it can be hard to explain what they do. Let me also add they're not for everyone, they can sometimes be 'difficult' as they are not an amp that flatters you as a player, they make you work, but that's a good thing IMHO.

I really honestly think this pack is as close as you'll ever be able to get at the moment, to playing through my amp and speakers.
    As you can see I have no web site or any fancy advertising, just great profiles of great amps and I'm going to keep doing this to the best of my ability.

once again thanks Matts for your honest appraisal. I do not know him or have any affiliation so this is a really 'honest' review.

Marcus

the ODS is not a twin channel amp. The OD is a continuation of the clean channel , it's fed into an extra gain stage to give the OD, which is why the Dumble amp is sometimes hard to dial in as it's not twin channels so what ever you do eq wise to the clean always affects the OD sound. The 'HRM' added on some models was a way of Dumble trying to get around this by adding a separate tone stack for the OD.

Also John Mayer never used an ODS, he used a Wonderland (Dumbleland) or SSS, Larry Carlton's ODS is Bluesmaster, the Marshall rather than fender based circuit , I can't remember what Keith had but they're all very different amps.

M

tell us a bit more bout the joey landreth profiles please
    how and when they are done etc

its a 100w bluesmaster amp that was mine but Eric Clapton's/van morrisons ex guitarist tried it and wouldn't give in until I sold it to him. Joey Landreth was staying at his house last year and he fell in love with it too so used it in London. I'd taken just one set of sweet spot profiles. So clean, clean plus boost, Overdrive and overdrive plus boost. into the same EVM 12 cab you see in the video. Mic'd with a SM57 and a Sontronics Orpheus LDC. I thought I'd throw them in as a little incentive to the first 100 people as a gift :D there's also the same sweet spot profiles of another Dumble amp the same guitarist owns.

there is still time to be in the first 100 :D

Marcus

thankyou :D

here's nice 'review' from Aziz.

For what it's worth, these are like sounside profiles in their format. Raw profiles at different amp settings, which I like a lot. I locked a cab and a stack of post effects before going through them, volume level is fine, and you have good margin to adjust definition parameter. They sound as good as Mbritt or Tonejunkie stuff and clean up well with guitar's volume knob. Excellent for this price

Thinking about it, I honestly cannot say how I could have done any better with this pack. Seriously there's no weak link in either my Microphones, equipment, technique and last and mot importantly the amp. HAving made the decision to only use this amp on my Album I really had to find the best way to get everything out of it. That experience gave me all I needed to pass this on by way of profiling.

Marcus

Great profiles! The album is good too. The profiles with the Dumbleator are great. Has the vocal quality and strain, chewiness associated with those amps. Still experimenting with the pack but well worth it if you are looking for Dumble tones

thanks, I've tried as hard as I could to get the best out of the profiling process. It's actually a lot of work to do well.

let me say the 'Dumble' amp can be hard work to get the best out of, it doesn't flatter you in anyway you have to work it, the profiles seem to have that too which is great for you guys :D

thanks for the kind words on the album. for any Dutch speakers out there apparently this is a great review.

https://www.bluesmagazine.nl/recensie-marcus-cliffe-heard/

Marcus

thanks everyone. The orders that came in through the night have now all been sent out.

I'll add, the profiles are 'raw' . There's a compressor in slot A and a delay and reverb so I'd probably use those in a studio/live situation. The sounds on the album are dry from the amp with some compression/EQ delay/reverb added in the studio. All these things you can do with the Kemper but I thought it best to have the best basic sound and you can do with it as you please. It is a very versatile amplifier and covers a lot of sonic possibities in one amp.

M