Posts by nikosssb

Hey everyone,

Just received my KPA powerhead yesterday and managed to spend some time with it. I plugged my PC output to the back of the KPA and was trying to play along with some songs. I turned the space parameter on as well as the reverb and delay effects.
    However, I noticed that the sound of my guitar was somehow not "mixed" with the backing track, it was apparent that my sound was "above" the track; not in terms of volume, but it seemed to me as if you could easily tell that the guitar is not part of the track. I don't know if I made myself clear.
    I was wondering if this is due to "incorrect" reverb settings, i tried to several reverb types and changed the reverb mix, but to no avail.
    If it makes it any easier to understand what I'm trying to say: I was playing along "Comfortably numb - Pink Floyd", and my guitar's sound was not "full", there was something missing!

Any thoughts?

Hope you guys like this one.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Turns out I was mistaken, Thomann just contacted me, they are still expecting the 15.04 shipment to arrive. The 29.04 is for new orders. I guess they are not ordering in bulk since these toasters cost a lot, they don't wanna end up with an oversupply lying in their stock.

I ordered the Powered Kemper from Thomann on 29 March. It said available in 2-5 days. Then the delivery date changed to 15 April. Yesterday it showed as available 2-5 days. I was so excited. Today they changed the delivery date to 29 April... I'm stating to think that they have a problem with their orders from Kemper..

I saw the H&K in the other video you posted :P;) ... I have a Tubemeister Combo and use it through a Tubethomsen 2X12" Greenback cab. I have profiled that one clean, (very nice mids) but I am not going to make it public unless there is a great demand for that sort of thing. Once (a)gain... thanks for the vid - awesome! ^^

Hehe I might demand it from you ;)

Nice video! Are you using a H&K Tubemeister 30 with your rig? It's a real screamer. :thumbup:

Yes she is :D

Well I currently have a H&K Tubemeister 18, which I am selling, so it's a funny coincidence that you mentioned the H&K :) Although I am not using the H&K in this video. I always record using a cheap Digitech RP500 multi fx pedal. All the sound is through that pedal, no amps, nothing, just direct usb to my laptop. So I can't wait to record using the Kemper :)

nikosssb , Very nicely done

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Check out some harmonics bends I did in this small sample. I dreamed of doing that with my old guitar :)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Beautiful guitar, and also interesting dot placement.

Thank you HappyKemper! I just ordered my Kemper and waiting impatiently to get it :) Will post some screaming clips when I get it!

Inlays are interesting, courtesy of warmoth, they did a very nice job. Such a great company if you ever plan to build a custom guitar!

Wow! She sounds really beautiful too !
    And screams - oh boy - wish my ol' lady would do that! ;)
    Let me know if you wanna sell anytime... :D ... But I know you won't!

Good to know there's another Bluesman out there! :thumbup:

Good luck with the Kemper - it's really worth it. Get the remote too!

Well unfortunately there is no way I am ever selling that beauty!! Cost me some good money to build! Yeah I bet the Kemper will be amazing, that sound in the video is from a cheap digitech multi fx pedal.

Lovely guitar nikosssb. 8o

What does she sound like?

She sounds just amazing! I mainly play blues (Joe Bonamassa, SRV, Gary Moore, etc.) and some rock (GnR, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc). She screams beautifully! Can't wait to get my Kemper to try it out :)

Check you this cover (and many more on my channel):

Alright fair enough. I already have a couple of stomps so might experiment with them.

My final question after tons of research would be this:

How does the Kemper sound with studio monitors? I heard many of my friends (who don't own a kemper) saying that monitors are dull when you play a run your digital guitar signal through them, especially in heavy metal rhythm riffs, you know this aggressive palm muted sound... What are your thoughts? Does it sound so different running through a cab? It should be a FRFR cab so it doesn't color the sound of the profiled rig right? What about FRFR speakers?

That got me thinking that I should get the power head instead of the unpowered one.

Hi,

Headphones don't have the bottom end of a real amp, but sound like a real amp so you'll be amazed and not care about that.

I'd recommend open headphones. I have the DT770 and they are fine with the Kemper. But they do color the tone more than…

Thank you for your input! Yeah i've been reading a lot about headphone reviews. So many opinions, I guess it's subjective at the end of the day but I guess most people are recommending open headphones with flat response. I will research more about the best headphones to match the KPA. Anyone can concur on the AKGs?

Hehe no I've read so many threads and watched so many videos about it. I'm just making sure that I'm not dreaming :P seems too good to be true.. all in one small lunchbox!

Thank you for the input :)