Posts by DAMZ88

I personally found the film huge fun to watch and it made me come away feeling like I'd made a wise choice investing in the Kemper (as if I even needed that reassurance). I've met Chappers and he's one of the most down to earth people you could meet. He also uses a lot of gear live; therefore I can imagine he's genuinely now considering using a Kemper for touring, based on those tones they hammered out in the film. The fact they were practically stealing the guitar off each other at the end speaks volumes!

I really want to upgrade to 4.0.6 but I have one concern: I use a Behringer FCB1010 with a Eureka prom chip for patch switching. I'm worried that if I upgrade, it might render the Eureka prom chip useless. Does anyone else use the FCB1010 with the chip who can confirm whether it's affected by the firmware upgrade or not? Thanks guys.

Apologies if this has been covered before but i couldn't find it in other threads. I've just noticed something with all my delays: if I play stacatto and stop a note abruptly, the subsequent delay notes stop immediately (and annoyingly). But if i hold a note the delays continue according to the ammount of feedback I have set. It's almost as if there's some sort of gate kicking in after I kill the original note (FYI, don't have any gates running in the chain and have also checked the built in noise gate). Does anyone else experience this with their delays? Is there a way to stop it? I can't say I've ever noticed it before, but it's not something i personally find pleasing.

Thanks guys!

I have absolutely no doubt about that haha! They were on the budget side of things but they've served me well. I just think my ears are a bit out of practice at the moment.

I'm striving for an Architects sort of guitar sound at the moment. I know it was recorded using a Diezel Herbert and so I've tried loads of profiles but just can't get anything as tight and cutting as that. I know part of it is the bass but even so, I'm struggling to control the harshness and the boom - even with pretty extreme filtering.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59JNz7rdIU

Thanks again!

I run into the same interface. Try going out from XLR straight into some studio monitors or from the kemper xlr out to the 2i2 then out of the software into some good monitors like KRK's or something like that. Try SinMix profiles (http://www.sinmix.pl/) they are sick!!! If you arent cutting in the mix add the rythem EQ into the X spot and try either the green scream or another eq out front using some tips from here. http://foobazaar.com/wiki/inde…er_KPA_Core_Tone_Tweaking Turn the mids up and the bass down! Adding the EQ in the loop and in front made a huge difference. Also turn the definition down if its 10 to like 9.1. I use an xotic EP booster in the front of the kemper all the time like I did with my tube amps and that helps even more.

Thanks, I'd never thought of trying to go straight into a monitor for dialing tones - that's a thought! I'm actually using KRK's (G6 Rokits, i believe) but i find they always seem slightly weird in the midrange. Anyhoo, thanks for all the help. I shall persevere! Think I'm just having a bad day.

Hi guys, I haven't posted for a while due to lots of life changing stuff that's kept me busier than i would have liked.

I'll get straight to the point - Lately I feel like I'm having a harder time 'hearing' the KPA in the 'correct' way. I'm still fairly new to it and it took me a while to get used to hearing the mic'd cab sound that the profiles produce. Over time it got better but then recently I've really struggled to find any profiles that sound 'right' in a mix (to my ears). I know full well that some of the profiles on here are deemed to be incredible, but at the moment I just can't hear it. They all just sound a bit harsh and unnatural (even in a mix) and I feel like I need to re-train my ears. Does anyone else ever feel like they suffer with this?

Also, I'm never 100% certain how best to obtain the optimum sound from the KPA for simple home recording. At present I'm simply running an XLR out of the main out put into the front of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Would that be deemed the 'best way' of running the KPA into my computer?

Apologies for the rambling, just feeling a little overwhelmed today.

Cheers guys <3

<p>

I can usually find a good spot in the 4-6k range that can have 6db or more scooped out, fairly tightly, to kill a lot of the &quot;whistly&quot; sort of fizz. Using two (or three, in OS 4.0) Studio EQs after the amp is really handy - for instance, if you set their high-cut knobs to the same frequency the rolloff gets much steeper. I usually park them around 9k without any trouble.

<br />
    <br />
    Same!!! I find that's exactly what I'm having to do for 90% of distorted profiles.</p>

I guess my point is, you would have thought it would be possible to remove some of this sound prior to profiling?

It's not really a problem, I just find it interesting.

Are you using a lot of gain and the same profile on left and right?

Lower gain settings have less noise in the 3-4k. Each amp and mic has its own annoying frequencies. Using the same amp for both left and right puts the annoying frequencies in stereo. I like to use my preferred tone on the right and a different amp that complements it on the left.

Cheers. I hear it both through monitors and real guitar cab (both in mono), I think it's just me. Technically I'm using 'high-gain' amps, but I'm usually very sparing with the gain knob, i rarely go over 1 o'clock. I'll have to try your advice for recording though!

Cheers!

Do any of you find that, although most of the available profiles are amazing, you still find yourself doing some regular corrective EQ'ing to remove that harsh 2.3k - 4k region that can be very obvious with digital processing? In a mix it's generally not too bad, but I find that I still have to add a studio EQ in the Kemper's X slot, just to kill some of the fizz. Sometimes i think my ears are just too sensitive to that region - it's like that whole "what has been heard, cannot be unheard" kinda thing.

I'm just a fussy buggar, me thinks.

Thanks for this, that makes things a little clearer! And I tried your VH4 profiles when you were giving the various channels away for free, they sound awesome!! Although, I've only heard them through a real cab at the moment! Will have to check out the full studio sound through monitors soon! :)

Why dont you want direct amp profiles that include a cab section (Merged profiles)?

I'm still using the Kemper through a traditional guitar cab at the moment, both live and in rehearsal. Eventually I want to go full DI to FOH, but I'm not there yet. I do use the virtual cabs for recording, but live I still prefer real cabs at present. I've read that DA profiles are better for achieving the 'real amp' sound when using a guitar cab, is this correct? I'm also still a little bit fuzzy on what 'merged profiles' actually mean, if anyone could shed a bit more light / examples?

Thanks guys