Posts by davidvignola

Hey Gang,

I had something happened the other night in rehearsal that is concerning. The Kemper mysteriously shut off when I made a slight adjustment to my rig and went to store it. It almost seems like the software "crashed". I had to shut off and re-boot and everything was fine. This also happened one other time when I was just playing. I ddi not touch anything on the Kemper but it shut itself down. Has anyone had this happen to them? I am now super feverous to bring this thing out LIVE to a gig. I am using he powered head with foot controller.

Thanks in advance.

Hello fellow Kemper users!

So I am new to the Kemper and working my way through it. I have a senior that I need help setting up. I am using a powered toaster on performance mode going through my 2x12 guitar cab. I have the cab button off so I am not hearing the cab that was recorded in the profile. In the room playing with my band the rig sounds amazing and I am constantly getting compliments on how the Kemper sounds! so now we want to record our band rehearsals so here is where I am having issue.

I am plugging the left 1/4 main out to the input on my audio interface to record the guitar. It records fine but when I listen back to the recorded guitar it sounds way too buzzy or gainy if that makes sense. I am not sure why it sounds so radically different than what it would sound like if I were to just mic up the guitar cab. That would be sort of bypassing one of the features of using a Kemper right? So I am not sure what I am doing incorrect. I went through the output menu and everything looks correct from what I can tell.

guess my first thing is to ask how do I ensure that the cab sim is being used to record the guitar but is not being used when playing back through my guitar cab i the room? It may be that I have it off and that why the recored guitar sound like crap.....lol

Thank is advance

Funny, I just posted this same question about a week ago in another thread. I am glad to see I ma not the only one to want a serrate volume control for the Looper. That would be a really nice feature and I hope they add it in the next firmware update.

Thanks for the quick reply. So there is not a separate volume control for the looper itself correct? I guess your right in saying to record the loop at a lower level and jam over the loop with a slightly louder level.

is there a way that after i record a Loop to control the volume of that loop separate from my guitar as I am jamming over it or are both the recorded loop and guitar volume the same and can't be adjusted?

Thanks in advance.

David

I got it figured out....it was simple. Thank you. So now I have my rig on switch 1 and switches 2-5 are disabled so if I accidentally it one of them while trying to turn on the effects buttons they won't change out the rig. Works well!

Thanks!

Hi gang

i added a pure solo boost and assigned it to one of the effects switches on the remote so I can boost the volume for solos. I see on the Kemper it's being placed before the reverb and delay in the chain can I move the order so the boost comes after the reverb and delay? I can seem to figure out how to move the order of the effects in the rig.

Thanks in advance

Hey gang,

is is it possible to lock out switches 2-5 on the remote so you can't accidentally switch your rig when playing live? I have my rig on switch 1 and for now nothing on 2-5 however, when I step on the effect switches which are directly above the main 5 switches, I sometimes hit either button 2 or 3 and it shuts off my rig

thanks in advance

Hey Gang!

Just got my remote yesterday. Quick question. I know I can assign an effect to one of the 4 effect buttons on the remote so they ca be turned on/off from the remote. Can you also just program the delay to do the same thing? For example if I am playing in Performance mode or Browser mode and have a have a rig on assigned to button 1 on the remote and for going into a solo I want to just simply turn on a delay effect and maybe boost the overall volume 1-2DB to get it to cut through. How simple is this to accomplish?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. Yes, I tend to ramble a bit in my videos but I really try to explain and make things a simple as possible. I try to go into detail and not try to cram everything into a 5 min video. I plan on doing a lot of Kemper videos as my schedule allows. Hopefully 1 per week at least.

Thanks for watching and supporting my channel

Hey Gang,

New Kemper owner here! Last week I purchased my Kemper powered head from Sewwtwater.com (amazing dealer, Thanks Josh!). I did not purchase the floor remote at the time as I wanted to ensure I was loving the Kemper first before making another $600 investment. Anyway, I love my Kemper and decided to go ahead and get the remote. I called Sweetwater and asked to order the remote and they said that you can't purchase the remote separately and can only purchase it as part of a package deal when you buy the Kemper amp. They said that was a thing that was created by Kemper and not Sweetwater. Thank god I purchased this from Sweetwater and not on E-bay or some place like that. My sales engineer let me return the Kemper I originally purchased and sent me a new Kemper with he remote included.

That seems a little strange that Kemper would not allow Sweetwater to sell the remote as a stand alone piece of gear? I don't know if anyone else knows about this but I wanted to give people a heads up just so they can do their research. I did look on Reverb.com and there are a couple of US dealers selling the remote by itself but the prices vary and I think one of them was "used".