Posts by Ibot39

The profiles are really great. The SP 35 is a great pedal platform - so is the clean profile here. The profile withe BE-OD pedal sounds awesome!!

They can still be found on RE.

"...has devoted much of his time in the past 6 months to recreating Mark’s unique sounds has done an amazing job".

That doesn't mean automatically that they made all new profiles. Could also mean they just used existing rigs and tweaked them to recreate his unique sound! Who knows?

And much time in the past 6 months is not every day - could mean anything. It had to be ready before the tour start in any case.

Just a quick feedback from me . I bought the "Vintage American Pack" and the 1970 Marshall Superlead. After listening to the demos in my opinion the Fender amps did sound the most promising. So take my money :D

I only tested with one guitar today (Musicman Stingray Guitar), but I have to admit they sound really great! Too early to name favourites, but the overall quality is quite impressive. You get enough variety of mic and gain settings, the micing of different cabs and speakers (all studio profiles) is top notch. The "refined" profiles have some fine tweaking that make totally sense and should work great for instant recording.

And I really love when sellers put the raw(er) profiles (called "standard profiles" here) in the pack as well. I sometimes get a better feel for the amp / rig that way and I like to have the option to start my own tweaking from a more neutral basis, tweak them for pedal use...

So thumbs up from me :thumbup:

lonestargtr

Because I own quite a few pedals, I am very interested in pedal platform amps and profiles. I already tested hundreds of clean to breakup profiles to get the "best" pedal platform profiles for different purposes.

From your profiles there are two rigs that stand out (in my opinion) and are really great platforms for overdrive / distortion pedals. First is the "Voice Ace50 4 2" from the Vintage Pack and a rig called "Super Sonic Twin T1" from the Grab n Go pack.

Im pretty sure its not the nut, though i understand that is quite often a common problem.

When the string goes "high" i can apply tension behind the nut and it returns the pitch. if the nut was sticky this wouldnt be the case, i think.

ps- i have locking tuners and no string-tree.

In order to completely rule out the nut as the culprit you can treat the slot with an exaggerated amount of lubrication (simple acid free grease will do) - just for testing.

Im pretty sure its not the nut, though i understand that is quite often a common problem.

When the string goes "high" i can apply tension behind the nut and it returns the pitch. if the nut was sticky this wouldnt be the case, i think.

ps- i have locking tuners and no string-tree.

Smoothing the saddle (only contact area) with sandpaper 1000 grit maybe?

With issues on a strat type tremolo I would look for the nut, second string tree (if one exists) then tuners and string winding.

Physically there should not be "any"/ much moving of the string on the contact point at the saddle. Stretching, relaxation and movement of the string affects more the contact points at the nut and string tree.

First single was great, but this is PURE PERFECTION for me!! John Arch has such an unique voice. If you are into old Fates Warning this is a godsend track:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I bought almost all commercial packs available and I think the market is saturated now. There are quite a few amazing Suhr / Custom Audio PT packs already out there. So you have to offer something special 8) Or maybe new customers will buy from new vendors eventually?! Who knows?

I think there is a misunderstanding with "big packs"? Usually big packs mean different cabs and mics (and not only different settings)! Don't get me wrong, small packs can be great too - but you usually get "only" one or two setups / cabs. For me the art of profiling and the chance for vendors to offer something special lies in the signal chain: Special pedals, various tubes, a selection of (rare) speakers and cabs, "expensive" mics and preamps that the hobby musician doesn't have at home... As soon as you offer 4-5 cabs, various speakers, mics and mic positions, a few pedals... you have a big pack ^^

I don't think that separate profiles for humbuckers and single coils are that important - maybe as a bonus. But in most cases the single coils (and guitar) used to set up the amp for profiling does not match with my own single coil guitar.... Plus, many vendors offering humbucker and singel coils rigs do NOT make different profiles (don't get fooled), but only "finetune" their rigs with Kemper settings and eq blocks. You can look what they do to make a profile fit a humbucker guitar better - it's pretty much the same settings. I don't want to pay for that - I can do it on myself now 8)

On the other hand there are many profiles, that simple work with almost all pickups with only tiiiny adjustments (usually Definition...). And it is also very easy and fast (for me) to scroll through "big packs" with different mics / cabs to find the perfect profile for the guitar / song / style / mood as a starting point.

I think you have to decide: (Really) small packs with perfect quality overall and every profile usable with all kind of guitars or bigger packs offering more variety, doing updates, experimental stuff, find out the needs of your buyers including niches....

And yeah I love the sale thing too - because if you are a little patient you get so many packs for incredibly low prices. And I mean really low. The vendors have to do that, if they want people like me still buy new rigs ^^

Speaking of addiction.... this Karnivool thing is playing out in a way that now I have a (relatively) really expensive copy of the CD Themata coming my way since they did not have a reasonably priced one on Amazon....

.... I know I bought the reasonably priced digital Karnivool albums on Amazon too.

Listening to Sadness while I type this, I really think I should watch politicians talking or cats slipping on ice instead of following this thread, that would be a significantly cheaper alternative :P

A few weeks ago I was listening to Sound Awake from Karnivool in the car with my son. Next days I "caught" him l listening to Karnivool on utube.

I said: "Sounds quite a bit like Tool, but ....." and he: "Who is "Tool", never heard of them? (He DID for sure nonstop ... as a baby).

Me again: "THE Tool, the band also famous for the creepy videos...you could even watch on MTV...

He: MTV? Aah I heard of that, but what is that again exactly?

Me: Forget about it, but you'll like it (handing over my Tool discs...)

There was a time I was hunting the Klon clones. They are all a bit different - but in the end the only klon style pedal that stayed (and that I use a lot with the Kemper) is the J. Rockett Archer Ikon.

It's the golden Archer and it does everything a klon is famous for. This is also the perfect pedal to stack with other overdrives.

Nonstop listening to this masterpiece. Sorry, is not for everyone, but I am addicted to this album and the atmosphere.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have seen that the "Everything Pack" now is on Reverb for 411 €. And a description what the refined profiles are about ("mix ready", with eq blocks). I am not judging the sound, but the idea of mix ready / EQed profiles is nothing special at all.

Interesting amps, good sound clips - but I still think the price for the packs (even with the savings on the full pack) is too high. You guys here know that I bought and buy (almost) everything out there - but if there is not a big sale in the future I will not buy these. BTW you have to pay for the sample pack too!

A reasonable price for single packs in my opinion would be something between 12 and 18 € and for the full pack 260 €. If you compare to other sellers you have to consider all the promo codes and deals going on which results in a way lower price you actually pay.

SS frets add a tiny amount of high-end sparkle when compared to regular nickels to my ears.

In the real world it's not something most would notice unless they're specifically listening out for it 'cause it's a bump that sits above what guitarists usually think of as the treble area - a little higher than "presence" even, although there could be some crossover here. At least, this is what I heard when I made comparisons years ago.

As some of you may know, sometimes the smallest things bother me. I love SS frets and the tone, but one little thing is to consider, that may sound weird at first. Perfectly crowned new SS strings stay perfectly crowned quite a while - a good thing? Yes and no (for me) :S

Let me try to explain. I love new frets, but I think the instrument feels and plays perfect after the frets are played in a bit and the contact surface is a tiiiiiny little bit bigger.

SS frets stay crowned and smooth very long, which has some negative effects (for me) when you are used to press down strings very lightly and at the same time hit the string hard with a pick. So the string has less contact and it tends more to "vibrate", "slip" and even "buzz" on the fret you are pushing down. It' not the same "contact" to the fretboard...

Hard to describe, but definitely a different feel! I NOW understand why Neil Young wanted his worn-in frets back after his "old black" had a refret once.

You can also say, SS frets force me to take care a lot more, what my fingers are doing... at least I'm trying to ^^