Posts by Ibot39

I once had a pretty similar (sounding) problem when doing direct amp profiles (but here with a simple loadbox+di without cab). I only remember that it had to do with ground loops / current flowing... and with everything disconnected what was not used and all the Profilers ground lifts pushed it worked. Only had it with that amp, owner could not find any issues later...

But that won't help here I guess.

Yes, you all got it right. First (A) is the pedal into clean Fender, second (B) is the Plexi profile.

When listening to the tones fading out you can also clearly notice the pedal sounding more crumbly, brittle.

This pedal is only running at 9V. Another Mad Professor Pedal, the "Super Black" (Blackface Amp) takes 9V to 16V - and you get more headroom and the gain structure gets rounder and smoother.

I use the Super Black with the Kemper sometimes (giving a warm basic profile a blackface openess when needed and because I like the amplike controls; also has Sweethoney Overdrive included.

The "Loud'n Proud" is mainly used, because it also has a reliable, nice Fuzz integrated that reacts like a vintage germanium Fuzz to the Volume knob of the guitar.

Both units also work into poweramp or direct with cab sim / IR.

I use a lot of pedals - also with the Kemper.

Today I had the Mad Professor Lound'n Proud pedal running into a clean profile of a Hot Rod DeVille Michael Landau amp. For fun I tried it against my favourite Marshall Plexi profile (but using the same cab / IR). Like the real amp, the Fender DeVille ML profiles take pedals really well. The profile was really clean (reduced gain) to show the pure sound of the pedal. With a more gainy profile the transistor characteristics are even less noticeable. Can you tell immediately which is the pedal? First (A) or second (B) example?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i bought the rock/metal suite. The profiles are excellent for use with amp and speaker.

I would just like to know why the profiles have an IR in the cabinet section? Some kind of filter?

Thanks

The IR in the cabinet section is just that. It's an cabinet IR (impulse response of a guitar cabinet, speakers, mic...) copied to the Kemper cab section. So you can use the direct amp profiles immediately with studio monitors too, or for recording... You can also try different IR or cabs from other profiles.

When using the Kemper with real cabinets (PowerHead or through power amp...) you have to turn cabinet off (or "Monitor Cab Off" soft button checked). Using the Kemper Kone needs different settings AFAIK

New 2022 profiles of the VOX AC4TV Class A Tube Amplifier profiled at full 4 watt setting (similar to my older profiles, but why not share the new big box too :))

This profiles are not boxy sounding / practice amp tone!

Selected JJ tubes, matching VOX V112 TV extension cabinets, Celestion G12M and V-type speakers, special profiling method = some of the best VOX tones imo 8)

I used analog filters / EQ after the di box to capture the direct amp profiles for more depth, openness and chime without any harshness, which results in nice grown up VOXiness :D

Plus I did shoot slightly improved IRs from the Greenback loaded 1x12 cab, which also helps to get a bigger sound. I use the cab presets also for other amps / rigs - just try if you want.

If you are crazy like me, you can download the GIANT Pack that includes:

- 51 new direct amp profiles (51 profiles of an amp with only 1 Volume and 1 Tone knob? Really? YES!!^^)

- 42 new CAB presets of the original extension cabinet, loaded with Greenback speaker

- 14 similar, still good older profiles

- 127 older CAB presets (incl. Celestion Greenback and V-type speakers)

Everything is fully tagged - so you can easily combine di profiles with cabs and find your own sound.

There is also a Quick Start folder that already contains 10 rigs - ready for playing.

I uploaded the profiles from the Quick Start folder to Rig Exchange too!

Download the full experience here:

Amporium - VOX AC4TV Giant Pack

Maybe you like some of those?

From the Black Blade V6 Session: 7 new profiles on Rig Exchange.

Rocktron Valvesonic Blackplate+ captured through Twin 6L6 Poweramp and 2x12 Fender Bassman Blackface cab IR (custom IR mix done with Ignite Libra Impulse Response Mixer).

I really like the "Afterburner" feature of the Rocktron preamp (that emulates a post phase inverter master by adding another tube gain stage after the EQ).

Quite different (more vintage) flavour than my other "Black Blade" profiles.

The new IK Multimedia MESA/Boogie 2 is out and I tested the new amps today. Quite CPU heavy / buggy release imo;)

But I really liked the clean California Tweed tones!

In the past I had some problems profiling clean / edge of break-up tones from AmpliTube. But this time the result was pretty spot on :thumbup:

So I uploaded 3 profiles to RE:

- MESA California AT5 Clean (20W setting)

- MESA California AT5 Edge (still pretty clean, 40W setting, try also with pure boost)

- MESA California AT5 Stacked (stacked with Kemper drive pedals, like a pedal nerd would do...maybe^^)

EDIT / Tips:

- boost Volume in "Pure Booster" for getting in high gain category

- in "Full OC" pedal switch from LP to HP for a more edgy tone and adjust drive and tone here as well for different flavours

added examples to RE for easy access:

- MESA California AT5 Stacked Hi

- MESA California AT5 Stacked Lead

The cab used in AT5 was a 1x12 California Tweed with "American J40" speaker (Jensen Black Bird Alnico I guess). Sounds pretty good for me. What do you think?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I used to post on another forum, where one of the resident posters was a full gear nerd. From balanced string gauges, custom pickups and fancy wiring/switching, cables, pedals, amps, attenuator and speaker it was analysed to the end of the world. He would guide others down the path that suited his passion best and got angry when things such as Fluence pickups or modelling was compared to 'real' gear. He'd advise people on building pedalboards, the necessity of acoustic coupling with your amp and all sorts of things he believed were essential.

It transpired that for 'reasons' the chap could barely play anything. I mean almost nothing but he justified it that it was all about just playing one glorious note and revelling in the marvellous tone. Fine, if that's your thing but many of us just want to play, to have gear that gets us tone that is good enough. Those tiny details might be noticeable when playing in isolation at home, but when the drums hit and the bass player with a five string bass gets excited, most of it gets lost.

But that's actually when I like it the most. So for me, tone is massively important but also irrelevant. I've found sounds in the Kemper that hold their own everywhere, loud, quite, headphones or live. I cannot say that about anything else I've tried.

I am a Black Metaller - I don't care for tone AND I can not play anything challenging :D:D:D

It's all about evoking some demons here - and a tiny bit fun making music. But not too much fun - you know, it's still Black Metal 8)

But seriously, I can understand all kind of people. For example, I know a few people that just love guitars... more than playing or recording or writing songs. They just love the look, the feel, the smell of their guitars spending most of their time polishing and upgrading.

Others love "tone" or the "quest of getting THE tone". Some famous mixing engineers and producers have made this a profession - and they do unbelievable, crazy, obsessive things to get the right tone ^^

Of course it can be a rabbit hole. But if some people get happy digging rabbit holes, they should do so.

I have to admit, I learned a lot from such "freaks" and "gear nerds", because they are experts in their "world". And I also learned much from people that "only" can play guitar but have no clue about ANYTHING else. I think they must have a deal with Satan. But wait, I have too, but still I can not play as good :/

This kind of overdrive pedals often sound best into a clean or slightly overdriven amp. That's what they are designed for. Even if they are called "amp in a box", they really need a platform amp to shine. On their on, they are missing a lot, sound too dark... imo.

And in addition, in my experience the Kemper often has problems to correctly nail the sound of this pedals. Sometimes you are lucky and it sounds better and smoother than the original 8), but usually I am not convinced by the result. (Also Quad Cortex can not perfectly capture the sound of many overdrive pedals).

If you use a nice IR this can save the profile a bit and it sounds o.k. But it's still not great.

Profiled amps with baked in overdrives sound much better most of the time, but also not 100% authentic. I guess, finding the right platform amp kemper profile and boosting with the real Friedman pedal will sound best. But of course, it is also fun experimenting and profile some pedals lying around.

...And then buy a new version ...

I looked on the G66.eu homepage and thought it was a joke. But the latest unit is: Axe-FX III Mk II Turbo :D:D:D:D:D

Will be followed soon by:

- Axe-FX III Mk II Turbo+

- Axe-FX III Mk II Ultra Turbo

- Axe-FX III Mk II Extreme

- Axe-FX III Mk II Extreme+

- Axe-FX IV

- Axe-FX IV plus

- Axe-FX IV Mk II

- Axe-FX IV Mk II Mega

Some more information for those interested:

If you want to pay with PayPal you can contact the seller (Christopher Reardon). I bought the pack and I think the price is not cheap, but o.k.

Contact and support was great - so I gave them a chance. The profiles come with an IR / cab called "Guru IR" that sounds pretty good. So you can try them out immediatly. The direct amp profiles work best with pretty bright cabs / IRs. (Or you use them with real power amp and cab.)

I usually use Ownhammer IR with tailored EQ, but they are a bit to dark for these profiles. But for example the Redwirez Mesa Rectifier IRs are a perfect fit imo. I like the pack.

I bought the Kemper in 2016. Ever since then I hear people talking about Kemper II will come ?

By now we all should know how the company works. They introduced the Stage only 2 years ago. So why should they release a new unit in the near future? Predictions, that a new "game changer" from the competition will overtake the position of Kemper soon were all hype and wrong. I doubt the QC ever will. Maybe the next Yamaha / Line 6 flagship can compete?

But I don't think Kemper II will appear... unless Mr. Kemper can introduce some really big innovation that surprises us all. Who knows?