Posts by Ibot39

Has anyone said "Guitar Amp Bundle" for Kemper? Is @ashtweth calling "BUNDLE" again? WTF!

Aaah, you should not say the word "bundle" when profile junkies are near. So what should I do now? Buy them all or not? Give in to the addiction - again?

Just kidding guys - I am ALREADY playing them ^^

And they sound great, will test more over the next days!

I have a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top from 2009 with one piece mahagony body. It always sounded really great acoustically and o.k. with an amp. I did some mods (bridge, tailpiece ...), but amped it was still only just o.k. and a bit too "warm" sounding. I always liked my Les Paul Trad. Pro and my Les Paul Studio more.

Then I noticed that 300k volume pots (linear) had been installed on the Traditional from the factory. So over the last weeks I tried out different values on the pots, changed to 50s wiring and back... Now I have 462k volume pot and 500k tone pot at bridge and 539k volume pot and 525k tone pot on the neck pu. I also used some PIO caps (0.022 uF for bridge and 0.015 uF for neck).

And in the end, I liked the modern wiring with a tested treble bleed circuit (680pF silver mica capacitor and 150k metal film resistor, parallel) best. It is stellar sounding now on all positions and knob settings... I am really happy! I thought I share my experience - maybe someone is interested and can take the values as starting point for some experiments.

But please: If your Traditionals sound great as they are - you should not do anything! Just play that beast and enjoy :thumbup:

There is a clear difference in the samples, other is noisy and distorting and the other is clean.

That is true. And to top that: Right in the beginning they make clear (with their audio examples) which are the profiles!!! So what does this test proof then? That some people can keep apart different sounding signals and some not? Or that they were not able to make better profiles? Did they go through refining process?

I can make better profiles after drinking 4 beers and with another 4 in my hands, operating the profiler with my tongue!!!

Before moving into a new house, my guitars picked up a lot of strange "noises" and I was not able to address them all. Some noises only at certain times (hobby radio operator?), some always. Once I changed a single light bulb, it helped a lot :thumbup:

I also have a Furman power conditioner now- but I don't want to promote anything.

How "pure" does your setup in your room(s) sound, if you grab a single coil guitar and activate a very high gain profile without noise gate? Now you can actually hear what is going on in your room - just listen to all the noises around!

Even humidity does affect these issues - for example static discharges.

This definitely is at least very close to what I mean by the "crumbling" issue. Weird. I never have had that on any other device before (PODs, Tonelabs, Demonizer, Sansamps...)
    Still, I think the noise on the Crunch Rig sample is an issue in its own right. As Ashtweth suggested, the only way to really find out is a comparison which I will do asap.

Thanks a lot your your effort!

If you mean that kind of "electrical interference / added tsssss" in the Crunch Rig - I can reproduce this on Tube Amps, Tube Preamps, even on some of my transistor combos. It is not noticeable on every amp sim and not on my pocket pod.

I still say: This is the complex, authentic characteristic of the profiled chain - in this case the Crunch Rig - and how it reacts to (your) picking.

I have very little time this weekend. But maybe it helps if you listen to this (no Kemper in the chain):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxfg…for%20Fireloogie.mp3?dl=0

The first few tones are with Magix Vandal Sim and a heavy modded Harley Benton Les Paul with Gibson Pickups.
    From 00:45 you hear a Gibson Les Paul Traditional GT 2009 with some mods into a Laney Ironheart IRT Pulse with 2x ECC83.

I can hear similar "artefacts", especially in the last few notes with the Laney. Or do we talk something different?

Thanks in advance. I don't hear it in most KPA-videos and have not experienced this with any other gear. It's also not just in one fret area. Curious what you think :thumbup:

If you mean the "kind of added high frequency crackling" that appears after hitting the string - yeah, that is normal behaviour. That was what I was talking about. You can hear that with tube amps - and the Kemper alike.
    Just try out any real amp, if you can reproduce this "issue" without the Kemper in the chain. Maybe record and compare.

So I would say the clips sound "normal" - but JCM 800 has heavy noise gate and is dark.

I will listen to your recordings later or tomorrow. I think I know exactly what you are talking about, if it is the same you brought up once (and totally understand your feelings).

I have had some "uncertainties" too. What I can say today is, that ALL "weird" phenomena I have experienced with the Kemper turned out to be normal behaviour of REAL (tube) AMPS (and/or normal "effects" guitars are sounding like). I could replicate every "issue" on real amps (not amp sims!). I just didn't notice those details before.

Certain tones fretted on certain areas on the fretboard do sound in a certain "weird" way if you let ring the notes out (without vibrato) and listen very closely. That's simple the characteristic of our vibrant instrument played through tube amps. The Kemper only does a good job being a kind of picture of that. But some things could be emphasized a bit on the Kemper maybe, cause it profiles a signal chain including mics and so on.

The Selmer profiles are very nice (again)! I like them a lot!

Your profiles in generally work equally good with a lot of different guitars and pickpups. If you have a magic formula, how you achieve that, please tell us :thumbup:

Yeah, really killer Stealth profiles!

But the best out there (incl. commercial ones)? I think so!!!

(Tagging is a bit weird. The homepage link in the comment field is wrong. And sometimes it says mattfig.com?! Also some di profiles without a cab have a cab tagged. And a few rigs are named "di" but clearly have a cab. A bit confusing, but not a real problem, because soundwise this pack is hard to beat!)

@lonestargtr

In the information sheet of the 3P CSR Pack we can read: "Many of these Gain profiles use cabinets from the Kemper Cab Pack".

So does that mean you did direct profiles of the amp and combined them with already existing cabs? And the cab parts used here are not done with the Kemper, but they are Impulse Responses converted to Kemper format with Cab Maker software, right?

@lonestargtr
    Still interested in the answer ;)
    I would like to know, if there a only profiled Kemper cabs in the pack or (also some) just converted IR.
    Thanks.

And also thank you for the free profile!

Especially the "plexi mode" profiles sound great! Unbelievable good stuff!

Never played the real amp, so I don't know if Top Jimi did "just" an incredible job here or maybe the "plexi mode" of this amp is already really killer (and he did a great job capturing)?

Love it :thumbup: