Posts by Ibot39

@RookGarner
    THAT would be the best (late) X-mas present this year :thumbup:
    As far as I know, on Mesa power amps the presence could be boosted and cut - so logically with Mesa: Presence at noon should be a kind of "neutral" setting that'll work for me.
    I'd like a rather clean or slightly driven setting of the power amp.

And maybe one profile with Deep activated (should be possible with a standard switch?) and another one with with Deep, Modern and 1/2 Drive combined (with power tubes more driven).
    If you have any further approved settings in mind - I don't say no :D

I'll really appreciate that you are trying out, man. So I will be thankful for ANY outcome. Thanks!

By the way, when will the Triaxis pack be ready?

We started with the Triaxis yesterday - we ran it through a M/B 290 power section using the 6L6 tubes - this is one heavy beast!

The studio engineer gave me the first test profiles of the TriAxis today - although I'm not a metal player, I'm having a real blast with them!

You lads will love these!

If you have a Mesa Boogie 2:Ninety in the studio - is it somehow possible to make a few (1-3) profiles of it - separately?

What I mean is poweramp-only direct profiles, without any preamp and no cab miced. Kemper Send to MB 2:90 and than just signal from di-box (between poweramp and cab) back to Kemper Return).

I don't want to annoy anyone in the forum for coming up with "power amp only profiles" again :rolleyes::whistling:

But I just can't understand why no pro-studio / seller offers this kind of rig(s). It should be easy and quick to make (cause it is a direct profile - no cab micing...) and some users have proved, that it is simple working. But somehow no seller is going for it?!

The MB 2:90 would be too cool! With such profiles we could use our real preamps and preamp-pedals with the Kemper - just like some folks do with the power amp simulation in Two Notes Torpedo / CAB.

So please think about it :saint:

Severel Celestion IR threads (with commercial links) are under "Other gear" too ... ?(
    But thanks @Sharry for the info anyways :thumbup:

Hey Marc, cool stuff! It's a real pleasure listening - I really dig the serious epicness that shines through!
    So when I say something "critical" please don't take it the wrong way. I am just saying, cause I believe, one day you'll make a masterpiece! Please stick to it!

First thing: I hate the sound of EZ-drummer :whistling:
    I struggled with many options too. Get rid of EZ-drummer - no don't upgrade, get rid of it ( :saint: just my opinion sorry :saint: ).

Many will disagree, but I think the best sounding solution (if you don't habe a drummer at hand): Buy really good drum samples (or pay a drummer to do them for you), than you take that pleasing drum sample library and meticulously put the samples together bit by bit, edit, edit, bit by bit... It's a pain, I know. But that is my old-school way of doing drums (that sound like REAL drums), when no drummer is there to do what you want exactly.

I really dig the slower "doom" parts and the slower melodies - just awesome! Some faster riffs got an almost swedish melodious black metal undertone - you should expand that parts. I really like it, how you combine some "Dissection", "Sacramentum" riffing, than some doomy "Katatonia" part, than some viking mosh part - if you can further melt that styles: Just too cool, really, man!

But the whole thing sounds a bit like a (great) collection of ideas - I really don't mean that in a bad way. I enjoy listening through and through. But some parts really stand out and gave a hint, what you are really able to do.
    Maybe you should considering to rework and restructure the songs and add vocals - everything: Reverberated screams, growls, cleans, choirs :thumbup: You gave us that epic stuff - so I think it's legal to express some wishes :D

If you considering using a midi bass - try IK Multimedia Modo Bass, the best!

I like the sound of the guitars and the mix is o.k. But to be honest, the more important things are: Melodies, Epicness, Arrangements. You did a great job on the first two! Further improve your arrangements, more homogeneously assimilate all the different influences, include vocals and be careful not to sound to "happy" with some parts. (What I mean: Some bands (like "Skogen" - do you know of them?) manage to write great melodies AND stay dark. I like that.) Then you have it - a real masterpiece :thumbup:

I don't write often, when people present their music. I do here, cause I see the chance that you are able to create not only "some more music", but real ART!

All the best - have fun and keep us informed about your future ART!

Short answer from me (wife is waiting): I have MANY profiles. But for the serious stuff (guidetracks for my album and recording ) I'll use 3 profiles for now - all of them from you. One from the 6505 pack, THIS free profile here and for leads the free Mesa Mk3 you shared.

So your free profiles are not only appreciated, they are essential stuff for me! So I am totally aware that I profit from your experience here - thanks for letting me sound like a pro :thumbup:

Thank you, really!!!

you never can go wrong with
    their packs
    they are unbelievable like "Real Amps"

Some of my favourite profiles! Very carefully finetuned rigs - they know what they are doing.

But can anyone help with the naming of the Profile Pack 2?

Fullerton B Breaker? Fender Bassbreaker (but with Celestion V30?) I guess?
    But what exactly is "HW Fawn"?
    I figured out "Sir Beaver": Suhr Badger :thumbup:

Just want to share what I have found in the internet. Maybe the best deal of the year (for someone in need of a new DAW)?

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite bundle for $149.00 (regularly $1,397.95 - included is also Sound Forge Pro 11 + SpectraLayers Pro!!!)

Here is the link:

Magix Special Offer

I first thought it is a joke or an error, but it's true. Just bought it :thumbup:
    Valid until December 20. Hope it helps, just wanna let you know about it...

Tried your profiles yet (see pm) ;)
    I like them all 3!
    But I have one question: Have you thought about offering some raw and untweaked profiles in your future packs additionally? Cause, to be honest, the profiles sounded even better to me, after turning of the "comp-stomp" ( :) ) and reducing compression in amp section plus turning tube shape, clarity and power sagging off or to a minimum.

A lot of people will like your fine-tuning for sure (especially for live use this should work great), but I get an even better amp feel and tone with the parameters turned off (and maybe finetune from there for myself). So I guess you guys are really doing something right in the profiling process from the start. Would be cool if some of those "pure and raw" pofiles are in the packs too. But thats just me :thumbup:

Woohoo! I no longer feel bad about hovering in the 4800 profile range. I takes my Rig Manager a full minute to load. I cannot imagine how long yours does.... :D

For us addicts it's time enough to enjoy one coffee*

*that's junkie slang, meaning to log in to the dealer (you know "Guido") and buy "new stuff" for the price of a coffee...you got it? 8)

I think most of us are planning to take our rig collections with us when we die. I'm sure they would come in handy when there's a whole eternity to while away and, no doubt, the rest of the band would be pretty blown away ... assuming there's somewhere to plug in a Kemper.

I am wondering how time based guitar effects would sound then ...regarding eternity... :S
    Luckily I believe in reincaration - so for me there is hope to witness even Kemper spring reverb - some rounds later ^^

we can spend more time trying profiles than learning songs, licks and chops! Silly of us! ...

That's my new year resolution: More playing and recording, less wasting time! Family should not come to short also.

So I definitely need a "roadie" for regularly changing strings and setting up my guitars (21), someone with patience who converts impulse responses and saves them as rigs, trained personnel for testing out rigs and a double for posting in Kemper forum.

So when my posts in 2018 are even more silly: You' ll know, the doubleganger is to blame :thumbup:

That was my amount of profiles some weeks back - now after black friday and some full bundles later I do not dare to say numbers anymore :D

After I had a thread started about organizing big collections of rigs and getting different feedback, my profiles are well-ordered now - and I would say today: I am not addicted anymore. I already let go some pack offerings and new sellers =O For the future I will only buy really essential stuff and wait for big deals. (o.k. that leaves me enough room :saint: ).

Yesterday I bought the new celestion lynchback ir packs and made rigs out of every cab (167 I think). And I tested one great free profile and maybe will buy the pack when available... damn... but I resisted two packs: That's something to build on :thumbup:

I don’t think a tube screamer works great with a Mesa mark series. They are tight enough without one and tend to get a bit “grainy” with one...

Glad you gave us the free TMS MK3 RCT SR profile WITH a TS808 (as tagged in the rig) nevertheless! It works and is my favourite profile so far!
    Would be nice if we can get the full pack this year ;)

This profile has to be in the pack!!!!

Maybe you remember that I was searching for the perfect profile for my darker projects. I had something in my mind that seems hard to achieve: a profile that has clarity and modern punch, but is also able to get me a reminiscence of older days grim black metal tone, but without too much high mid fizz. So best of both worlds and with a certain mid frequency that is hard to describe, but that let those ringing chords sound like pure eeeevil.

I never had expected, that special tone out of the MK3.
    But what should I say: THIS is what I had in mind all the time! Without much tweaking, right out of the box. Thanks man, I am really happy :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

@lonestargtr

In the information sheet of the 3P CSR Pack we can read: "Many of these Gain profiles use cabinets from the Kemper Cab Pack".

So does that mean you did direct profiles of the amp and combined them with already existing cabs? And the cab parts used here are not done with the Kemper, but they are Impulse Responses converted to Kemper format with Cab Maker software, right?