Posts by Ibot39

Exacly, as you say; it's in the gain structure. :thumbup:

It's not any damaged hearing path, 4x12" cabs or picking technique no matter how some people seems to wanna claim that :S

That means you hate the gain structure of ALL (as you said) amps, profiles, modelling gear, most pro recordings, utube videos... ??? I think you really have a problem, no one here can fix!

You are a very talented guitar player, drummer and singer (!), but the way you work yourself up into crises is unhealthy - really, man. And how you react to peoples helping hand (even if they maybe are wrong...) is pathological, sorry. And respect and manner is missing. In germany we say: Der Ton macht die Musik ;) (and the way you write is way too "dissonant" for me...)

3 new profiles for free!!

This time something venturesome for your Toaster: 3 profiles trying to sound (similar) like a Soldano SLO 100 ... with a modeller ... a rather cheap one (Nux) ... =O
    BUT: Trying to prove, that with my special setup and refining process this will sound... dare I say great??? Yes :)

Are you brave enough to try the "Solo Dano 100"? Here it is:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwnw…olo%20Dano%20100.zip?dl=0

If you like it (or totally hate it), let me know!

I create the profiles only cause I really like some of my collected pedals, (pre-)amps and gear and want to "store" the sound I used before to my Kemper. If someone is interested I can continue to share some rigs out of my "Poor Man's Treasure Box".
    And of course it is all free :)

Tried em and stored 17 & 06 to my Fuzz & stoner tone arsenal, thx a lot, I really appreciate your profiles.

Folks , this is a pretty good pack, on par with some commercial one, so grab it while you can !

Thanks!
    Many profiles in this particular pack are very "edgy" and fuzzy (and work best in a full mix - cut through everything :) ). Stoner, Doom, Occult Rock, Industrial...
    But the Bax Bangeetar can do some more - maybe in a next pack (for example good Punk, and more variety in Blues and Classic Metal is possible).

Unfortunately my "approved" profiling and refining process is very time consuming... ask my wife :whistling:

Hi guys, anyone in need for great rockin' Orange flavoured tone? "AMPORIUM - Orange Flavour Pack" with 28 studio profiles for free?

I did some ear-crushing profiling with the great sounding "Orange Custom Shop Bax Bangeetar Guitar Pre-EQ" through different power amps with a special setup formula (I call "Ibot-O-Mat").
    Cabs and speakers used: Hughes & Kettner 4x12 with Greenbacks, a borrowed Mesa Boogie 2x12 with Vintage 30 and a no-name 2x12 cab loaded with Celestion Lynchbacks (great speakers by the way, mounted one in my Marshall combo too).
    Mics used: mostly Shure SM 57 (just works), Sennheiser MD 421 and for some profiles a Audix i5 lying around (cheap, but good mic).

You can expect some authentic Orange crunch for Classic Rock, fuzzy and heavy gain stuff, few clean and 4 profiles boosted with Boss HM-2 (Made in Japan) for really sick Death Metal tone.

Don't know if anyone will like it, cause the profiles are done with my "special needs" in mind - I don't dial in too much bass and prefer a tone with enough mids for example.
    But give it a try and let me know if you like some!

Here is the link for the whole pack:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/msaj…r%20Pax%20Banger.zip?dl=0

I think it will be available only for a limited time - so hurry up

EDIT: I think it is still available :)

And use the link in my signature to download All Available Packs at once.

Greetings Tobi / Amporium Profiles (free)

Hi! Happy new year!

Shouldn't the gain of the merged profiles be identical to gain of the studio ones?

It would be interesting how the merged and studio profiles are linked.

I guess the amp for the merged / direct profiles has different settings (optimized for use with external cab) and that is why Kemper captured and shows different gain settings compared to the studio profiles. Is the mic setup different too?

As I understand the approach of Top Jimi here, the merged profiles are not exactly the same as studio profiles, but should work better with external cabs. So as an example we get a good sounding medium gain studio profile and a similar merged medium gain profile that is done to especially work great with "cab off" and an external guitar cab. If I am totally wrong, Top Jimi hopefully will correct me :)

Already bought the new pack :)

Very good - your best pack yet?! Your profiles always have good mids, work great for recording and cut through the mix without much tweaking. This time again, but with perfect smooth lead and well balanced fat crunch sound!

Are you from Serbia? My guitar teacher in germany (way back in time) was from Serbia. Great guy - same funny faces and much style.

It's pure fun to watch your videos!! (...best is the one for CiliLabs - love this one, hope that is o.k. )
    Every f*cking note of your playing has soul and style - that is quite impressive.

I have bought (almost) all profiles from Choptones (here alone nearly 6000 profiles), CiliLab, TAF, Top Jimi, Pete's Profiles, Sinmix, MBritt and many of other sellers like the great Reampzone. Do i really need that much of an overkill? NO!! No way! Bought them just for fun :)

Truth is, you can record a whole album with 4-5 different profiles (including bass). Maybe you will need even less.

But for me it is really a pleasure and neverending fun to try the profiles available. Further I am surprised and amazed again and again about different approach and cool profiles from all the guys out there. If I want screwing knobs and playing around I go with soundside, if I want a big selection of a specific amp in all settings or ready to play profiles I look at Choptones. Want some cool rack / preamp stuff? I have Big Hairy profiles. Heavy Stuff? Today Tonehammer, maybe tomorrow sinmix again...want your Kemper to explode: CiliLab's Victoria 20112 is the way to go... Pure luxury... I love it :D

But maybe one day I will wake up and the obsession is gone, who knows...

Do you find the profiles are not representing the soundclip Jimi posted? Cause if they do then I don't see a reason for money back :)

I have bought all packs from Top Jimi except the BE-100 because the soundclips do not sound, what I expected (not saying bad). And that suprised me, because most of his other profiles and clips sound very accurate and characteristic! I love them!!

And if he noticed, that even extreme settings didn't sound that good - why force it. Sinmix has been honest recently and told us that an amp turned out to be sh*t.
    An faulty amp with more or less useless merged profiles and studio ones that turned out o.k. (with much effort): Upload to RE for free and try again with repaired amp.

Let's summarize: Top Jimi has managed to create studio profiles of a BE-100 that seem to be liked by some -although the head seems to be defective or does not behave like expected! But because Top Jimi has to almost perform magic with mics for studio profiles (remember: otherwise we would hated the amp) the merged / direct profiles suck. And the studio profiles may be great by itself, but seem not completely represent the Friedman BE-100 as it SHOULD sound!?

Best thing that could happen: Top Jimi gets a repaired or another BE-100 in his hands and supplies us with original, correct and great sounding profiles, both merged and studio. The interest would be there, I think...

But I will buy the POD :P
    Way back I bought that pocket pod thing - and it sounded awesome!

Few weeks later I borrowed the bean to my father, a sceptic with these "modern, digital, complicated devil's toys". What should I say: Years later I still did not get it back - because he is still exploring sound and liking it.

So I will spend 0,99 to bring the sound back - not a bad deal!! ...and lesson learned: Until now I haven't borrowed the kemper to this man... :)

We had to do a lot of work with mics to get the studio sounds to what we thought sounded good. If we hadn't done that, everyone would have hated the amp.

That means the highly praised BE-100 in reality sounds like sh*t, if you ain't a wizard with mics????? Could this be? When everyone would hated the sound of this - maybe the head was broken?

But if you search for be-100 users some of them actually turn bass up quite a bit - others tell you about tight response but good amount of bass...

When compared: How do the merged and studio profiles sound like, with studio monitors (!) and both with cab off ? Both should sound shrill and fizzy - as expected. If merged (direct) sounds dull or as if cab is still activated, something is wrong? If the sound is very different, why?

Got the same issue guys. I purchased the Brown Sound pack and the Beye pack with the express purpose of using the Merged profiles to access the direct amp sound to run direct into my THD 2x12 cab via a solid state power amp. I can report that the Brown Sound pack merged profiles sound incredible to my ears, really happy with these.

However the BE100 merged profiles, with the cab off, sound dull and lifeless. Interestingly the same studio profile with the cab module turned off sounds way way better, but the merged profiles....nope, not happening!

Shouldn't a studio profile with the cab off and a merged profile with the cab off sound very similar?

Have you received a reply? Do the merged profiles suffer from the same issues as the first version of '68 Marshall profiles and maybe the Ceriatone Expression low-3 merged one?

I have bought every top jimi pack except BEye Pack and really like them. I will buy this one too, when merged/direct is o.k. and usable!

I like this pack a lot!! But the "Low-3 Merged" still has issues?! I got the confirmation that I have the updated profile - but it is just not right? Has someone noticed this too?

Can someone test this: Listen to "studio" monitors then turn off "cab" (button). There is barely a differene. As if a cab is already there (so no direct sound available). All other profiles sound kind of fizzy with cab off - as it should!

Profile issue or is it me??

I am with you... but with the Sumatran black rhinoceros for the dark doom sound you may have confused something?! Didn't you mean the good ol' "Saruman Black Occult" picks???

So I gave the Dunlop Max Grip Carbon fibers another chance and i kind of love them right now. Tone is smooth, very comfortable, and stiff but not thick. It is a small pick though so i dont think it is for everyone. I do have a V pick on the way though and i am excited to try it. I order the Euro II. Will keep you posted.

As a long time Jazz III Carbon player I am now so used to the small size that everything else feels weird and "blockish". I also feel kind of disconnected with larger picks now. Tried the graphtech TUSQ for fun - Randy Bachman seems to be able to get THE TONE with this huge flabby thing - I am not :)