Posts by Mr. Stardust

The problem with reamping is that the cabinet and head have already been recorded. What I'm trying to do is get just the reverb. What I'm hoping to do is use it like a reverb bus. Altothough good thinking on the reverb out wet! Gotta try that!

I recently tried just the fx loop method and got very muddy verbs... maybe user error? If anyone has used their kemper to put reverb in on post let me know!! I'm gonna try changing that setting like you suggested

Hey there!

So I'm working on an EP at home, and I'm thinking about how to organize my guitar tracks. I'm usually a fan of adding reverb after the fact to a dry sound in the daw, and running multiple tracks to the same reverb so there isn't a ton of different reverbs washing each other out. I was hoping to use the same reverb on all of my guitar tracks (layered and split left and right) so I can use a thick guitar sound from layering all of my guitar takes, and put them through the same reverb.

I would usually use my daw plugins for this (slates verb suite is super nice) but I've developed a mod reverb and a shimmer reverb using the kemper, and I'd like to run these by going out of my daw with the guitar tracks into the kemper and then back into the daw. My plan is to run out of my interfaces output, into the fx loop on the kemper (in stereo) and back out to my interface. I would turn off any cabinet simulaton and the amp setting would be irrelevant really. The only questions I have are about the levels on the fx loop. Are the inputs going to handle line level okay? Also... I know with a real tube amp pluging into the loop without anything going through the output (or vice versa) can cause problems. Sorry if this has already been asked! I couldn't find it! Thanks

I know kemper really keeps and eye on these and even takes suggestions from users seriously! I think it's a good idea. A new chorus sound, or tweaks to the settings on even current modules was added I'd never have to use a pedal board! Vintage is the closest, but like the above commenter added... it lacks something... maybe it's that fine line between the really wild unusable modulation of the kemper chorus with settings all the way up, and a really thick chorus. I can't even touch the air chorus without getting frustrated. Also... I don't know why there is a spoiler section on that hahaha might have been an accident!

I'm going to have to agree here with those showing distaste for the Chorus. I can never get mine to sound anywhere as good as my MXR. Some people here may be into subtlety, but I'm not. I like to crank my chorus, and put it before things. I'm into a lot of new wave sounds that you just can't do with the kemper chorus.... if I showed you guys the tones I like to get... and then asked you to replicate it with the kemper' fx.... I don't know if we could get on the same planet. It's the only thing that frustrates me about my otherwise perfect and beloved space toaster.

Maybe I'll just have to record some examples.Taste is subjective, but this isn't a matter of taste. By not having a chorus option that allows me to get sounds I like, I have to forego the otherwise wonderful effects in the kemper because of one sound (that should be easy to acquire, I'm not looking for something you couldn't find with any chorus pedal on the market) and create a board with other fx I shouldn't need because their counterparts are totally fine on the kemper. People have similar complaints about the fuzz and muffin sounds, and I can see why.

The amps are the focus of kemper, sure, but this is where shootouts between the kemper and the axeFX are spot on. The kemper outshines everyone on amps, but the FX have some major flaws. For people who use a lot of different pedal sounds it's somewhat a buzz kill... particularly when I'm not asking for some crazy shimmer verb or uniqe boutique sound. I just want a chorus that sounds like any chorus you'd probably pick up. From small clone to Chinese knock offs to the boss ce... they can all do what the Kemper can't when it comes to chorus.. ||

Yep agree with @Monkey_Man - 65ace30 pack is great. M Britt profiles are all brilliant.

You could also try:
    http://www.guidorist.com/en/pr…er-amp-profiles-voice-15/
    For ac15 profiles at a very reasonable price. They sound great as well.

Guido's pack is clean-only, which is why I didn't mention it.

Thank you for your feedback on Michael's pack too, @Deej09!

Thanks folks! I'll check them out! I have a few Mbritt profiles and I enjoy them.

The only reason I was interested in the profiles that aren't merged is to use my own cabs at school to experiment with my own mic placement and combinations. I like being able to mic my own cabs! But as far as heads are concerned, I really think the kemper hold up so well against the real deal that I don't see the need to have the "real deal". I'm not always up to the lingo on the Forums, so thanks for cluing me in. This is honestly one of the coolest communities on the internet.

Hi folks!

I am looking around for some nice VOX profiles right now, and I was hopping to find something that has been profiled recently with the new update from a few months ago that uses a di signal to split the cabinet and head (My top priority), as well as something similar to the soundside profiles that sound good without having a pre-fabricated effects chain. I've always preferred the way those profiles sound, and how shopping through them on my display, I'm not hearing the effects or EQ's placed in there by profilers like AmpFactory. Help a lady out! :saint:

P.S. I am quite fond of the 60's top boost sound. I love the chime.

Hey all, so I am going to be playing bass for a band soon, and I need to pick up a powered speaker to play with them. Any recommendations on a speaker that can really handle bass? I don't have an incredible budget. 300 tops. Just wondering what the best deal is, and what can get me giging. Thanks :thumbup:

Teles and single coils actually seem VERY popular with the Kemper crowd I think :)

Good to know! I have a les paul with a dirty finger humbuckers in the bridge position, but I broke the head stock at a show hahaha Even if it was in working condition I'd probably still lean towards my tele. I just like the twang, and it really opens up in the middle position. I'm happy to hear that kemper has an audience outside of just the super strat and humbucker crowd. Reassuring.

Hello and welcome.
    Some good profilers are already mentioned now - most of them are also my choice for SC.
    I'd like to put your attention to the following thread - I like this italian profiles.
    <a href="https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28303-PietroCoppola-Brunetti-Mercury-EL-34-Custom-Work-Head/?postID=300225#post300225">kemper-amps.com/forum/index.ph…?postID=300225#post300225</a>

These are amazing. Book marked for sure. I like the mercury. The clean tone especially. Right amount of pop to it. Thanks for the link!

Quote from Mr. Stardust : “So I just received my space toaster, and I'm blown away!! Amazing!! I bought some amp factory profiles (Peavey classic 50, Laney VC 30) and was really sold on the tone. They sound just like the amps in question. So, let me…

Tele, so we're both in the single coil camp. Probably less popular among kemper users. Thanks for the pro tip! I'll let you know as my collection starts to grow. :)

So I just received my space toaster, and I'm blown away!! Amazing!! I bought some amp factory profiles (Peavey classic 50, Laney VC 30) and was really sold on the tone. They sound just like the amps in question. So, let me get to the pitch. What are some really expensive amplifiers that have been profiled out there that I can get my hands on? I posted this in free rig's but commercial are okay too! I've just always been relegated to what ever cheap second hand amps I could pull off of craigslist, and spent a lot of time on my blues deville reissue. It was a great combo, but now that I have a kemper, what kind of dream profiles are out there? Profiles of amps none of us could afford! I just.... I'm power hungry at this point! This is really just for kicks. Anyway... thanks.