Posts by Ragnarok

Any time I use a traditional cab I turn the cab Sims off, always out of the powered output. There is a difference in sound, but not better, harsher is more like it. Almost sounds better with cab Sims on. Even with direct profiles. Same with jbl jrx215 moniter, only with cab Sims on. Still crappy. I also have a line 6 stage source powered p.a., and have run that out of every other hole in the thing except the powered one I ran the cabs out of. Same with band p.a. I'm in the midst of making a recording but I'm pretty sure you all are going to hear what I hear through my headphones, which sounds pretty good . So, Im not sure how much it will help. Have brought KPA to local music store and tried through everything they had passive and powered. Not impressed by any of it. I know its capable of more.

My problem is this. Through average headphones I'm getting pretty authentic tone with some of the better profiles I like, but through any kind of cab or moniter I lose ALOT of the tone. No pick attack, 1 dimensional,small, thin sounding, boxy almost muffled sound. So I think anything I record I believe you will hear what I'm hearing through headphones and not cab/moniter/p.a. Have used 4 different traditional guitar cabs,3 different brands of moniters, several powered p.a.speakers, and the p.a. at band practice . All sound like crap except headphones. Just wanted to hear someone else's in person to see if this is all I'm gonna get. ?(

HI, I live in Minnesota , about an hour north of the twin Cities. I'm having issues with a recently purchased used kemper powerhead. Was wondering if there is anyone somewhat nearby that would mind having a listen to mine in person? I would do the traveling of course.

HI, I live in Minnesota , about an hour north of the twin Cities. I'm having issues with a recently purchased used kemper powerhead. Was wondering if there is anyone somewhat nearby that would mind having a listen to mine in person? I would do the traveling of course.

Hi guys, one last question while I'm working out this recording issue. I do love the sound of a tube amp, in fact I'm a die hard marshall junkie. I realize we're going in circles here without some kind of audio as a reference point. But, lately I've found a few profiles that sound pretty good through headphones. But even running out of the headphones jack,as well as all the other "non-powered" outputs, into all the different kind of powered cabs and moniters I've tried it loses A LOT of the "tube-ampness" that I'm hearing through the headphones. In other words I believe I'm hearing what this thing is capable of through the headphones , but that's the only way I've found so far. Is it just absolutely impossible to reproduce that through the 8-10 other cabs/moniters/p.a I've tried. Does anyone get acceptable results through a traditional cab or average p.a. system? Should I be able to plug into the house p.a.at any given gig and be able to get pretty decent tone ? I guess that's 3 questions :D . (back to work with focusrite )

Uggh. That's the worst, I hope it's something you can get resolved. If you say where you are located, maybe there is a nearby Kemper owner who can check your unit out and do a direct comparison.

I live in east central Minnesota. I don't know anyone personally in the area with one. In fact most of the guitar shops around here (2hr drive in any direction ) don't know what a kemper is.

Thanks but his issue is a little different . He could get sound from computer moniters but not directly from Scarlett I believe. Where if I plug headphones or moniter to 2i2 I have sound, but it's not getting to computer.

Hi there ,

After spending a lot of time and energy trying to remedy some tone issues I'm having with a newly acquired KPA head, I've purchased a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in order to record and share said tone issues. I should state up front that I consider myself fairly lacking when it comes to things with a technical nature. (So why buy a kemper, dummy...) I know, I know. :S I've finally crawled out of my analog cave, only to be tripped up with the first expensive piece of digital gear I've owned. Anyway, after following the instructions on the focusrite box and downloading protools first, and necessary driver. I am unable to open protools with my computer (windows 7). I tried downloading Audacity , which is a free DAW, and can open that, but get no audio with everything hooked up. This is the issue I could use help with. I need to solve the recording problem in order to fix the big issue. Don't be afraid to "dumb it down" for me, as I said I'm not very computer savvy. Thanks in advance .

I really do appreciate everyone's input. It's cool that total strangers would invest their time and wisdom to help someone like myself (who stumbles through). I do believe somethings amiss with the unit itself and am starting to believe previous owner was aware of it. I should've given it a more thorough play through before I handed him that big wad of cash. But, hopefully it's something that can be fixed. Thanks for the direction. I will try the "other gear" category and hopefully have a recording to show soon.

Sorry for the delay, I'm spread very thin lately. I own a small business , have 4 kids (all of whom play hockey), coach 2 teams, volunteer on local fire dept., etc. Doesn't leave much time. I've been having problems getting a decent recording in the few spare minutes I have here and there.

Forgot to mention I'm also trying to build a garage....

Sorry for the delay, I'm spread very thin lately. I own a small business , have 4 kids (all of whom play hockey), coach 2 teams, volunteer on local fire dept., etc. Doesn't leave much time. I've been having problems getting a decent recording in the few spare minutes I have here and there. Have had a chance to run through p.a. setup at band practice and it was bad. Have run out of every output at some point or another. All I can say at this point (until I can upload audio ) is I can get somewhat decent tone through headphones . Every moniter/guitar cabinet I've run through
    Sounds either muffled with cab Sims on, or harsh with Sims off. The powered moniters sound great running an mp3 or tablet through them. I was a little hesitant to purchase a KPA because of my own lack of technical proficiency, but was blown away by demos and couldn't resist. I guess I should've known better.

Very frustrated . Am losing my cool with this device. I'm still in the process of getting something recorded and trying to upload it so maybe someone can tell me what is going on. I'm pretty sure it's not to do with speaker choice at this point as I've had an opportunity to play through several different types of moniters/ cabs lately. All of them sound thin and fake to me. Had an opportunity to run through a line 6 stage source L2m via the moniter and headphone output and was very dissapointed and discouraged. I was really hoping the KPA would be plug and play with minimal hoops to jump through, but so far not the case. Will have audio soon...

the kemper and axe fx have been widely available for some time now as well as other modeler based technology. It surprises me how many of the guitar stores around here (guitar center included) have little or no idea what I'm talking about when I ask them for a full range, flat response speaker/cabinet solution for this kemper. I guess what I'm hoping is that the jbl jrx215 monitors that I'm currently using have something to do with this poor sound quality. Then the fix would be obvious, just go buy something that works. But if it is indeed the profiler itself I'd rather not go spend a pile of money on something else just to get the same results. I guess I could just bring the KPA with and try a bunch of different things and see what, if any, sound best. Should I be getting somewhat decent tone out of your average p.a. monitor type speakers?

Bought a nicer set of headphones and sound quality has definitely improved. Was running a 1/4 inch adapter before. If I'm now getting pretty decent tone from headphones does that mean all my other cabs and speakers are sub-par, or could there be something wrong with my cab output on kemper?