Posts by Ragnarok

I've had a similar experience as you with the Kemper, it sounds amazing via my DAW (Cubase, Steinberg UR824 and Rokit 6 monitors), however the same patches I use to record sound distant and mushy when I use a real 4x12 cab in rehearsals. I understand what you are saying when you say its hard to put into words but to me it sounds like the sound is coming from just behind the speaker rather than from the front (if that makes

That's it exactly! I'm also a jcm 800 guy. Thanks for the advice.

The ACDC clip sounded good to me, the 5150 sounded like you had killed the gain completely, the distortion character was completely lost, like you had turned it down excessively, or turned down your volume knob.

That doesn't even sound like the factory profile TAF 5150. Not sure what's going on, but when you're playing high gain, I would have expected it to be fizzy with too much gain, rather than such a little gain that it doesn't even sound like the profile it was from.

Have you turned down distortion sense in the input section by accident?

It was channel 2 of a 5150 by Michael britt. Not overly gainy to start with and I didn't touch a knob on the KPA other than killing the reverb. I do have other high gain profiles that get pretty fizzy.

Have you listened to the KPA anywhere other than your room? Also, can you tell me which profiles you used specifically? I'll give them a shot and see how they sound on this

Have had KPA all over the house, various outlets in each room, music store, band rehearsal space, and friends house. For these recordings I used the stock fischers jmp (the overdriven one), and Michael Britts 5153 channel 2. These are not profiles I normally spend a lot of time with, but they all have the same sound quality through my cabs/monitors. I used them without any effects for the recordings. I had a bad feeling that the recorded tone was going to sound good to me, because so far I'm unable to recreate that kind of tone in any live manner, and I've been jumping through a lot of hoops.

I've used 2 different marshall 4x12s, a 2x12 with v30s, a line 6 stage source L2m (powered, out of monitor and headphones jacks) , 2 different jbl jrx 215 passive monitors, various passive and powered monitors at music store, 2 different sets of headphones (not terrible, not great), and band p.a. which is a mix of kustom monitors and I forget what else, and km212p. All sound "canned" and distant, except headphones and computer monitors. Pure cab and headphone space set on 10. Headphones were on the harsh side. Computer monitors sounded the most realistic.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When recording I was using headphones out of the focusrite. When playing back on DAW I used same headphones and computer moniters. The recorded sound is definitely different from live Sound. I'm going to have to pick up another mic or grab one of mine from our rehearsal place to get a live type recording. The whole purpose of buying the km 212p was to see if it was my other monitoring solutions were to blame, or something else. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but it was made with the KPA powerhead in mind. It's supposed to be grfr.

Create an account on Soundcloud.com. Once you've created an account, click Upload at the top of the page. Select your files on the next page. Once they're uploaded, just click Save at the bottom of the page. On the next page, to the right, you'll find a link to the clip you just uploaded. Copy and paste it here.

Thank you kindly. To be honest, despite the crummy playing, this sounds pretty good to me tone wise. The 5150 anyway. This is not the sound im getting from headphones or any cab/moniter. Despite the fact they are small and inexpensive, my computer moniters sound better to me than the mission engineering km 212p does (or anything else I've tried). Everything else sounds canned and 1 dimensional.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If it can be screwed up I'm the guy for the job. I now have it uploaded into SoundCloud but there's no audio with it. Sounds fine when I play back from my DAW, but somehow in the export process the sound isn't making it into SoundCloud. I now have 3 files uploaded but there all mute. Any thoughts?

Not the best recording or playing, but should give an idea. First track is stock profile fischers jmp. Second is a Michael Britt 5150 profile.

Thanks man. Ive already reset it a couple of times. Frustration is definitely getting the best of me lately. Have been fighting KPA for over a month now and am in over my head. I struggle with things that come easy to a lot of other people where computers are involved. Downloading a DAW that will work and getting sound to it has become a nightmare in its own right. I spend the few free minutes I have here and there following up with Scarlett tech support emails and trying to get recording. In the meantime I almost think KPA is sounding worse? Don't know if that's real or imagined, but seems to me to be the case. Was thinking about physically shipping it back to kemper and having them take a go at it (I would pay them for time and expenses of course). If they tell me nothings wrong with it I would just leave it there as I am not getting sounds out of this box that I can live with. Recently bought a mission engineering km212p to play head through. Still sounds like canned crap.