Posts by Ragnarok

Also something I've noticed, this thin fizzy sound is all to do with the distortion. Dial it back to little or none, and most profiles sound pretty good. The farther I push the distortion knob the the thinner and less dynamic the tone is. If I start with a clean say '68 super lead and turn the overdrive dial up halfway it sounds worse than a medium gain super lead profile (still, medium gain does not sound good, just not as bad)

jbl jrx215. Probably not the greatest speaker choice but I have 2 of them already and they both sound equally crappy. Started out running thru 2 different marshall 4 x 12s and another 2x12. Same nasty overdrive tone no matter which one. is worse with the medium grade headphones I have.

You could do it with studio eq and then lock it in the x slot.

I will try that, but being that every single "gainy" profile sounds fizzy, and all my input/output levels have been reset to factory zero, it makes me think there is something wrong across the board. I don't understand why using a pretty common guitar (sg standard, or les Paul custom) into kemper reset, using professionally made profiles, into an frfr speaker doesn't produce good results. Either I'm an idiot or maybe I bought a dud.

Is anyone aware of different ways to thicken up the gain sounds? I'm stuck there, in line6 territory, my 78 jmp laughing at me from across the room. :D The higher I roll the gain (5 and up) the less realistic it sounds. Not looking specifically for high gain sounds, just want a few available if need be.

Ragnarok...exactly what model JBL "monitor" are you currently playing through. Is it Full Range (does it have a separate woofer and HF tweeter)? If you are playing through a true FRFR monitor, then you should definitely hear a HUGE difference if you toggle the Cabinet module on and off. Typically, when using a FRFR monitor, and if you disable the Cabinet Module (no Cab sims)...you will get a sound that is not unlike a can full of very agitated and angry bees.

it does sound like ass through jbl with the cab Sims off. unbearable... Much better switched on.

Tried kpa thru a jbl passive moniter with a 15 " speaker. Cab Sims on. Definitely sounds in the ballpark of the amp that was profiled, but there's still a cold stiffness to the overdrive sounds that I've always associated with digital processors . A lack of some dynamics. I do not hear this when listening to youtube demos. Clean profiles , or backing gain off of dirty ones sounds great. Frustrated...

Thank you for the replies. Added some bass in the output section and that helped a little. I notice it more with the "gainy" profiles. Almost sounds like its in a can or something. I'm not great at describing it but I know what I'm hearing. Reminds me of my past experiences with low end processors. The more effects I add the worse it gets. Have since tried it with 2 other amp cabs with same results. Am going to bring it along to practice and try it through the p.a speakers. I really want to like this thing!

I've tried it with the cabin Sims on and off. There were several Andertons videos where they profiled through a marshall 4x12 and played it back through same cab. Sounded good to me. I have tons of m. britt, top jimi, amp factory profiles. Some definitely sounds better than others but none great.

Hello,
    I am new to a recently purchased used powered head (less than a year old). After listening to many youtube reviews and commercially made profiles, I was blown away by the authenticity of what I was hearing and had to have one. I bought a slightly used head locally and brought it home excited to dig in. I do realize that the profiler is meant to sound like a recorded amp, or a mic'ed amp running through a moniter. My issue is that all of the profiles (former owner added lots of professionally made ones) I've gone through, to my ears, sound thin and "digital". Nothing like what I was expecting ?( . I know that is poor description, but I am wondering what I can do or undo to help it sound more like I believe it was meant to. I am running it through a marshall 4x12. Please take it easy on a noob,