Recently purchased used Kemper profiler

• Sorry for being ignorant, but now that I've recorded a couple of tracks could someone give me a step by step on how to upload them to forum? :?:

Create an account on Soundcloud.com. Once you've created an account, click Upload at the top of the page. Select your files on the next page. Once they're uploaded, just click Save at the bottom of the page. On the next page, to the right, you'll find a link to the clip you just uploaded. Copy and paste it here.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not the best recording or playing, but should give an idea. First track is stock profile fischers jmp. Second is a Michael Britt 5150 profile.

• If it can be screwed up I'm the guy for the job. I now have it uploaded into SoundCloud but there's no audio with it. Sounds fine when I play back from my DAW, but somehow in the export process the sound isn't making it into SoundCloud. I now have 3 files uploaded but there all mute. Any thoughts?

• If it can be screwed up I'm the guy for the job. I now have it uploaded into SoundCloud but there's no audio with it. Sounds fine when I play back from my DAW, but somehow in the export process the sound isn't making it into SoundCloud. I now have 3 files uploaded but there all mute. Any thoughts?

Make sure the exported files actually work in whatever player you use to play sound files after you export them from your DAW.

Which DAW are you using, by the way?

External Content soundcloud.com

• Create an account on Soundcloud.com. Once you've created an account, click Upload at the top of the page. Select your files on the next page. Once they're uploaded, just click Save at the bottom of the page. On the next page, to the right, you'll find a link to the clip you just uploaded. Copy and paste it here.

Thank you kindly. To be honest, despite the crummy playing, this sounds pretty good to me tone wise. The 5150 anyway. This is not the sound im getting from headphones or any cab/moniter. Despite the fact they are small and inexpensive, my computer moniters sound better to me than the mission engineering km 212p does (or anything else I've tried). Everything else sounds canned and 1 dimensional.

• this sounds pretty good to me tone wise. The 5150 anyway. This is not the sound im getting from headphones or any cab/moniter. Despite the fact they are small and inexpensive, my computer moniters sound better to me than the mission engineering km 212p does (or anything else I've tried). Everything else sounds canned and 1 dimensional.

That sounds good to me.

Are you saying that the recorded clip sounds better than what you hear when playing the same profile live?

Also, what are you using to listen to that recorded clip through vs. when playing live through the Kemper? I gathered you were listening to that clip through your computer speakers.

Further, can you post a clip of something representative of what you've been saying sounds bad?

• When recording I was using headphones out of the focusrite. When playing back on DAW I used same headphones and computer moniters. The recorded sound is definitely different from live Sound. I'm going to have to pick up another mic or grab one of mine from our rehearsal place to get a live type recording. The whole purpose of buying the km 212p was to see if it was my other monitoring solutions were to blame, or something else. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but it was made with the KPA powerhead in mind. It's supposed to be grfr.

• When recording I was using headphones out of the focusrite. When playing back on DAW I used same headphones and computer moniters. The recorded sound is definitely different from live Sound. I'm going to have to pick up another mic or grab one of mine from our rehearsal place to get a live type recording. The whole purpose of buying the km 212p was to see if it was my other monitoring solutions were to blame, or something else. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but it was made with the KPA powerhead in mind. It's supposed to be grfr.

I can't find a single video review of the KM 212P. I'm tempted to think your headphones and the KM 212P are the problem. The giveaway is that the KPA sounds like crap on both, your headphones and the KM 212P, but sounds okay through your computer speakers. Other than your computer speakers, the KM 212P and your headphones, what else have you used to listen to the KPA?

• I've used 2 different marshall 4x12s, a 2x12 with v30s, a line 6 stage source L2m (powered, out of monitor and headphones jacks) , 2 different jbl jrx 215 passive monitors, various passive and powered monitors at music store, 2 different sets of headphones (not terrible, not great), and band p.a. which is a mix of kustom monitors and I forget what else, and km212p. All sound "canned" and distant, except headphones and computer monitors. Pure cab and headphone space set on 10. Headphones were on the harsh side. Computer monitors sounded the most realistic.

• I've used 2 different marshall 4x12s, a 2x12 with v30s, a line 6 stage source L2m (powered, out of monitor and headphones jacks) , 2 different jbl jrx 215 passive monitors, various passive and powered monitors at music store, 2 different sets of headphones (not terrible, not great), and band p.a. which is a mix of kustom monitors and I forget what else, and km212p. All sound "canned" and distant, except headphones and computer monitors. Pure cab and headphone space set on 10. Headphones were on the harsh side. Computer monitors sounded the most realistic.

Have you listened to the KPA anywhere other than your room? Also, can you tell me which profiles you used specifically? I'll give them a shot and see how they sound on this end.

• Have you listened to the KPA anywhere other than your room? Also, can you tell me which profiles you used specifically? I'll give them a shot and see how they sound on this

Have had KPA all over the house, various outlets in each room, music store, band rehearsal space, and friends house. For these recordings I used the stock fischers jmp (the overdriven one), and Michael Britts 5153 channel 2. These are not profiles I normally spend a lot of time with, but they all have the same sound quality through my cabs/monitors. I used them without any effects for the recordings. I had a bad feeling that the recorded tone was going to sound good to me, because so far I'm unable to recreate that kind of tone in any live manner, and I've been jumping through a lot of hoops.